How I got my PS5 and how you can too...

Japanime_Gamer

This is not a con, it is completely free.

I just want to share briefly how I got my PS5 and exactly how you can get yours too.

It will still take patience and luck to some degree but your chances of getting one will drastically increase.

Ok, so there are stock tracking web sites that automatically refresh for items that you set them too, when stock gets added to any of the websites that are tracked you will get an audible notification/email depending on the settings that you choose.

Here are a link to the UK and US tracking sites, you may want to search for one for your own country...

PlayStation 5 Console (PS5) Stock Checker and Locator (stockinformer.com) UK

PlayStation 5 Console (PS5) Stock Checker and Locator (stockinformer.com) USA

HotStock alerts UK - USA - CAN

Make sure to select 'audible alerts' and make sure to 'untick' any item you do not want so as to not get constant alarms.

Now, just leave your PC on and turn up the volume so you can hear the test alarm.

You may wait days even weeks, but these things do work, I have gotten 2 PS5's and 1 Series X by doing this...

Selecting email notifications can help but to be honest you need to be near your device when the alarm goes off as you will be competing against real people all trying to get the same items... so be FAST.

Just follow the simple instructions, have Stock informer and Hot stock websites loaded and just leave them. Do NOT refresh them yourself, they don't like it and may suspend you, just let the websites refresh automatically and sooner or later you will get notifications on available stock.

Thank you and good luck.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Helyx said:

NGL, I used a bot to auto-secure mine last year, since that was the only way to fight everyone else using bots.

Was it like a small little script you ran yourself or did you pay someone?

General curiosity, you don't have to go into super detail or anything because I have no interest in replicating whatever you did.

Although I heard Best Buy is supposed to be getting those Halo limited edition Series X consoles in stock...

41 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Was it like a small little script you ran yourself or did you pay someone?

General curiosity, you don't have to go into super detail or anything because I have no interest in replicating whatever you did.

It was some publicly available script in-browser during the initial PS5 launch.

No clue what it was at this point, but I used it to jump queue on BestBuy.com on my first try after missing the first 3 restocks at every retailer.