BEWARE: Save Files Can Corrupt Easily!

Blueblur86

7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

There is a Day 1 Patch but I have no idea if it makes any difference.

Yea, i noticed it after my post, it's very upsetting, is was really excited for this and i've watched about 3 half hour video reviews on youtube, and it doesn't seem to be working that well, i really hope there is a form of patch tomorrow/today, i would feel bad to not instantly play a game i've pre-ordered...

• Like 1

We live in honestly shitty times regarding gaming.

How is it even possible that save data can just get randomly corrupted?!

I mean you read some data, and then you store it. How hard can that be? And this is an offline only game right?

Remember in PS2 and PS1, Dreamcast, N64 etc. I don't remember anybody ever having their save data just randomly corrupting. Not even on PC did I ever hear of anybody just having their save data getting corrupted.

I mean gambling, loot boxes, random crashes and buggy Day 1 games are all terrible but waaaay more preferable than losing hours of progress from your life. Are development standards really that poor these days?

Well of course I already answered my own question since Sony don't do any testing anymore it seems and we also have shit like "Breakthrough"

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I mean you read some data, and then you store it. How hard can that be? And this is an offline only game right?

Remember in PS2 and PS1, Dreamcast, N64 etc. I don't remember anybody ever having their save data just randomly corrupting. Not even on PC did I ever hear of anybody just having their save data getting corrupted.

I mean gambling, loot boxes, random crashes and buggy Day 1 games are all terrible but waaaay more preferable than losing hours of progress from your life. Are development standards really that poor these days?

Well of course I already answered my own question since Sony don't do any testing anymore it seems and we also have shit like "Breakthrough"

It's been especially insane in the past 2 or so years, so many games have launched broken in one way or another (major graphical issues, game breaking bugs, glitched trophies, save corruption, etc.); Cyberpunk 2077, Maneater, Outriders, Kitaria Fables (PS4), Fuga: Melodies of Steel, Shenmue 1 & 2 remasters, SMT 3: Nocturne, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, I could go on.

I bought the NISA collection of Phantom Brave and Soul Nomad on Switch recently and both games (especially Soul Nomad) have frequent crashing issues. Both these games are over 10 years old, and they're pretty barebones ports (Soul Nomad is stuck in 4:3, unless you decided to force stretch it). There was even a 1.1GB day 1 patch, one of the biggest patches I have on Switch for a non-first party game, but God knows what it actually fixed. I have no idea how so many remasters and ports of old-ish games are also having such major issues.

I haven't missed the old days of games being complete on disc/cart as much as I have in recent times. I remember when the PS3 and 360 first launched, I was actually glad games would start getting patches to fix glitches and add new content. And back then, it seemed like that's how it was, but so many games nowadays launch with major issues without a day 1 or later patch. I have no idea how these games are A-OKed past the QA testing.

Anyhow, this game's physical was delayed here in Europe so I won't be picking this up this Tuesday as originally expected anyway. I'm debating holding off on it for now, I still have the original on Wii, and I don't remember that having any major issues.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CyberTronX280 said:

I had finished the game earlier. There wasn't any freezes, crashes, or corruptions for me yet. Hopefully, there won't be when the next patch comes out.

Then perhaps you got lucky, idk, i see so many people complaining, more so then ever, i most likely get the game today since i pre-ordered, so i'll see for myself

10 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Now a days it's rare for a game not to have a bunch of bug fixes or day one patch on the release date/week of the game.

Beat the game 3 times and got the platinum a few days ago.

My save data never got corrupted, ever.

Throughout my 3 playthroughs what I did, however, experience were a couple of game freezes, 2 to be exact. Considering the majority of games I play freeze at least once, during just one playthrough, I can't consider it close to a big deal.

Installing from my physical right now. Good rule of thing for games with reported crashes/corruptions is to make sure of your PSN+ cloud if you've got it. Stop every hour, save, close out game, backup file, restart and continue. Get into this habit. LEGO game players know this well and we feel your pain.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2021 at 6:10 PM, enaysoft said:

On 9/6/2021 at 6:41 PM, SuperSmexy500 said:

It's been especially insane in the past 2 or so years, so many games have launched broken in one way or another (major graphical issues, game breaking bugs, glitched trophies, save corruption, etc.); Cyberpunk 2077, Maneater, Outriders, Kitaria Fables (PS4), Fuga: Melodies of Steel, Shenmue 1 & 2 remasters, SMT 3: Nocturne, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, I could go on.

I bought the NISA collection of Phantom Brave and Soul Nomad on Switch recently and both games (especially Soul Nomad) have frequent crashing issues. Both these games are over 10 years old, and they're pretty barebones ports (Soul Nomad is stuck in 4:3, unless you decided to force stretch it). There was even a 1.1GB day 1 patch, one of the biggest patches I have on Switch for a non-first party game, but God knows what it actually fixed. I have no idea how so many remasters and ports of old-ish games are also having such major issues.

I haven't missed the old days of games being complete on disc/cart as much as I have in recent times. I remember when the PS3 and 360 first launched, I was actually glad games would start getting patches to fix glitches and add new content. And back then, it seemed like that's how it was, but so many games nowadays launch with major issues without a day 1 or later patch. I have no idea how these games are A-OKed past the QA testing.

Anyhow, this game's physical was delayed here in Europe so I won't be picking this up this Tuesday as originally expected anyway. I'm debating holding off on it for now, I still have the original on Wii, and I don't remember that having any major issues.

Both of you need to realize that games were a LOT smaller back then. I remember when Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots first came out, people said they ran great and seemingly without any notable patches. Perhaps one or two at most.

I can't say I really miss the early - mid 1990s in terms of games because there were a TON of stinkers, but I definitely miss the early - late 2000s. Games were far more original and weren't just a copy of something else. Game developers spent more time honing their craft and putting their blood sweat & tears into creating their projects. It's not just console games. PC games have also fallen victim to being broke on release. Plenty of stuff is released on Steam that is absolutely horrendous. Nobody gives a shit about hiring competent game testers anymore.

I don't understand why something like Mafia II: Definitive Edition could be released in such a buggy state. It's over 10 years old, and you would think okay, on newer, more powerful hardware I should be able to enjoy the game in higher resolution and higher FPS. But unfortunately that's not how it turned out, there were issues regarding sound and one notable trophy that was glitched until 2K Games was finally made aware of it.

Ubisoft is no stranger to shit ports either. I bought Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Ultimate Edition last year at a discount and I got Assassin's Creed III/Liberation as part of that deal. I expected something notably better than their PS3 counterparts, but all I got was better resolution. They're a company that just does things by the numbers and put minimal effort whenever possible because that saves them money.

There's no real point in preordering anymore. I used to preorder stuff back in 2005 - 2009 because games were more "complete", so to speak. We now have to deal with games that can go thru a multitude of changes to where they don't even remotely resemble the games they were on release, because of patches. No Man's Sky is a perfect example. A lot of promised content wasn't in the initial game, and it took Sean Murray and his team years to finally come out with enough patches to make the game feel more "complete". But who wants to sit around and wait years for a game to get more content? That content should of been out already when the game first hit the shelves.

It's fucking insane. That's why most of the games I play are anywhere from two to ten years old, because I already know these older titles are more "complete" because of the bug fixes and patch files that make them more playable.

Sonic the Hedgehog however is a franchise with a long and storied history of shitty games and horrendous criticism. Anybody here remember Sonic the Hedgehog 2006? It's still regarded as the worst game in the franchise, that game was outright broken and near unplayable from all the awful glitches it had.

• Like 2