Has Journey's Online Ceased?

Sendai-Horatio

45 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Online is working; just earned an online trophy with another person this afternoon.

It's likely they didn't find anyone, therefore they concluded the servers are shutdown.

If you look you up on PSDeals, you’ll see the “online features may be terminated at any time” clause on the PS3 listing. However, even if the person claiming it was shut down, simply because he didn’t find anyone, shouldn’t conclude so hastily. If it was truly shut down, there would have been some popup saying along the lines of “you have been signed out of the network,” and force you to play offline.
Journey™
https://psdeals.net/2310

Also can someone explain why we never got “Sky” yet from thatgamecompany? NX did, as did iOS…

Sky: Children of the Light
https://ntdeals.net/80940

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I started the game a day ahead of the 10 year anniversary, and I've been able to connect to people. I think I've connected to 6 people so far, organically.

I usually wait around in the broken bridge section after I get the glowing symbols, without repairing the bridge any.
Then, I'll make sure they get them too and we proceed together.

The anniversary might have revived the game some. Not sure as I hadn't played this game before then at all.

Edit: "Revived" is a strong word ... it's not abundant with players, and I've had to wait a while for players to connect with me.
But it's definitely not dead atm, and you will find players every now and then. I'm certain that my 10 will come from just playing.

Edited by SH06UN5126
clarity
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

As someone pointed out, there is the warning “online features may be terminated at any time” on both ps3 and ps4 (will likely be terminated simultaneously in the future).

That said, the day this game shuts down will be a sad day for the entire community that appreciates good art. One of the most wonderful games I've ever played, with a unique experience.

1 hour ago, kevao97 said:

As someone pointed out, there is the warning “online features may be terminated at any time” on both ps3 and ps4 (will likely be terminated simultaneously in the future).

That said, the day this game shuts down will be a sad day for the entire community that appreciates good art. One of the most wonderful games I've ever played, with a unique experience.

This isn't what I was asking about exactly.

Since one of the trophies requires meeting at least 10 unique players, I was wondering if there are still enough players left to do this on the PS3 version via randoms or if you have to deliberately set up session or something. 

14 minutes ago, CL0CKW0RK133 said:

Since one of the trophies requires meeting at least 10 unique players, I was wondering if there are still enough players left to do this on the PS3 version via randoms or if you have to deliberately set up session or something. 

There are no consistent ways to boost this game. it is not known how it works, but they are "universes" and some players never meet.

1 hour ago, CL0CKW0RK133 said:

I got the 100% for Journey on PS3 in *checks profile* June 2021, in 2 weeks and 3 days. I joined a boosting group but since no one ever sent me any kind of message, I did it legit. I think there are still a few new players and even some Journey veterans (met one in a white robe who took me through about 10 different secret areas-technically accessible but breaking the traditional boundaries of the game-it was an interesting experience) still playing the game on occasion. I can’t image much has changed since then. 

ETA: Heck, I can’t do it for about a week, but if you end up needing help with some of the MP trophies, send me a PM and we can figure out timezones and try to meet up at the same time in the game. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

• 3 months later...