Opinions on PSN Profiles, Users, Ez Plats

Wild-Arms-R

36 minutes ago, pogo_loco said:

I don't know which possibility is worse:

1. The attempt to troll so many members of the PSNP community with this rambling post.
  2. The chance that this rambling post isn't even an attempt to troll the PSNP community.

36 minutes ago, pogo_loco said:

I don't know which possibility is worse:

1. The attempt to troll so many members of the PSNP community with this rambling post.
  2. The chance that this rambling post isn't even an attempt to troll the PSNP community.

Weak post, not witty enough. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

(and I’m actually a troll at times so that’s saying a lot) 

Bingo!

particularly i find the trophy checklists section the most interesting on the entire site, while you maintain your own checklist and interact with other threads, it can be a very pleasant experience to meet and engage with other people who share that taste. I don't have the patience and discipline to maintain a thread of my own, so I have no intention of creating one someday. but some threads provide very good readings, analysis and debates, all friendly. it's a way to meet people, actively participate and be heard, and the discussion about games and trophies is essentially what this site is all about.

13 hours ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Since you like people giving real answers, I’ll give you one.

AJ is not humble, he’s arrogant. The whole Ratalaika war and politics that get recycled on here day in, day out, is largely because of his unwavering, non-humble, authoritarian stance that people feed off of to put others down. It’s his way or the highway on that issue, whereas everyone else is like, let me do what I want, who cares? Anyone who says that, there AJ appears. Absolutely toxic behaviour that has made this forum not fun anymore, and the same old. 

You wrote exactly what I wanted to write regarding AJ.  AJ used to be much more reasonable, but as time has gone on he's gotten much more frustrating to deal with and I was appalled at him coming in to argue in a thread you made and then ending it with "don't argue with me again" when he started it.  He needs a break from the forums quite badly or at least something else to focus his time on besides gaming and these forums.  I very much think a break would do him a world of good.

But I'll just sum up in general what my view on many people in this forum is: you guys need to spend more time playing your games and less time judging what/how others play.  Gaming is supposed to be fun and many users here seem to have forgotten that.

• Like 4

Alright so I don't know why I even bother to answer, but your attempt at dissing how other users here interact with each other is both pathetic and astonishing. 

Now let me say this I like most of the active users here, but I’m not gonna pretend they are some how better then the other trophy “hunter”

Like the ones with the checklist treads, Not all of them do this, but a few of them are basically just validation topics.

Just trying to feel justified that you spend a obscene about of time sitting in a chair clicking buttons on a controller.

No. The trophy checklists are here for people to talk about games and other hobbies with likeminded people. Most checklist users write proper reviews of the games they play, for everyone interested to read. Through those checklists, many people have found new friends not only to interact within PSNP itself, but also to play coop games in general, drink beers and just talk about anything. 

And in my personal experience, there is no other part of these forums with more positivity and encouragement. It is not about vanity, it is not about validation. It is about finding people that enjoy the same or similar things than you do, and having a good time. 

Now I also wouldn’t care if everyone wants to pat eacher other on the back, but it’s kinda like pro body building, it’s based on vanity and it’s really not healthy.

That’s why I actually ended my checklist tread cus I can’t be a part of that shit anymore, same reason I quit body building too.

So you first wrote a troll-checklist with no content and with its only purpose being to mock other checklists. This was deleted pretty quickly after a mod called you out. 

Then you started a proper checklist and wrote this in your introduction: 

"

Asides from that I kinda have a problem of always wanting to be the best… at everything, I workout alot, Im always reading books of a wide range of subjects to both expand my views while also challenging them.

I often take the road less traveled in games(and usually life) cus I set my standards very high.

Of course this often clashes with my laid back demeanor. I guess you can say unless I’m invested in something then I’ll straight up refuse to take it serious.

Basically I probably don’t care about simple dumb shit that dosnt really matter.

"

First of all.. It seems like you do care about simple dumb shit that doesn't really matter. Proof? This very thread. 

Secondly... Obviously after your trolling attempt nobody bothered to interact with you. "I always want to be the best". "I set my standards very high". "I challenge my views". That's all great, but that is exactly the type of vanity that you are accusing other people of displaying. There is no other checklist on here with an introduction as narcissistic as yours. 

Your post reeks of jealousy. Thing is, the space that is the checklist-subforums is extremely welcoming, unlike many other places here. You could have had a great time there. Instead, you needed to mock everyone and make a long ass rant insulting pretty much the entire comunity. Except AJ, for some fucking reason ?

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Alright so I don't know why I even bother to answer, but your attempt at dissing how other users here interact with each other is both pathetic and astonishing. 

No. The trophy checklists are here for people to talk about games and other hobbies with likeminded people. Most checklist users write proper reviews of the games they play, for everyone interested to read. Through those checklists, many people have found new friends not only to interact within PSNP itself, but also to play coop games in general, drink beers and just talk about anything. 

And in my personal experience, there is no other part of these forums with more positivity and encouragement. It is not about vanity, it is not about validation. It is about finding people that enjoy the same or similar things than you do, and having a good time. 

So you first wrote a troll-checklist with no content and with its only purpose being to mock other checklists. This was deleted pretty quickly after a mod called you out. 

Then you started a proper checklist and wrote this in your introduction: 

"

Asides from that I kinda have a problem of always wanting to be the best… at everything, I workout alot, Im always reading books of a wide range of subjects to both expand my views while also challenging them.

I often take the road less traveled in games(and usually life) cus I set my standards very high.

Of course this often clashes with my laid back demeanor. I guess you can say unless I’m invested in something then I’ll straight up refuse to take it serious.

Basically I probably don’t care about simple dumb shit that dosnt really matter.

"

First of all.. It seems like you do care about simple dumb shit that doesn't really matter. Proof? This very thread. 

Secondly... Obviously after your trolling attempt nobody bothered to interact with you. "I always want to be the best". "I set my standards very high". "I challenge my views". That's all great, but that is exactly the type of vanity that you are accusing other people of displaying. There is no other checklist on here with an introduction as narcissistic as yours. 

Your post reeks of jealousy. Thing is, the space that is the checklist-subforums is extremely welcoming, unlike many other places here. You could have had a great time there. Instead, you needed to mock everyone and make a long ass rant insulting pretty much the entire comunity. Except AJ, for some fucking reason 1f602.png

You sadly missed the point man, but tbh I didn’t really convey it well either I guess.

You want to know what is sad is when I made that checklist I really was gonna take it serious and make some lighted jokes here and there, but I realized something, I’m only posting cus I want other ppl to care about my achievements and commentary.

Then it hit me, thus whole trophy hunting thing is purely a self validation hobby. 
Nothing wrong with that mind you, but pretending Luke other ppl care like you do is pointless.

Just like when I was body building, I started it wanting to impress others, but soon figured out that it was just for my own growth as a person.

So basically I don’t personally see the need to make a whole tread to tell someone how cool they are for clicking buttons.

Same with I don’t need a guy saying how beast I am for lifting 200kg off the floor.

And when I see ppl like you are skilled mocking other ppl cus they play garbage games I’m just like “ dude your clicking buttons just like them, your no better.”

Funny enough, I made this mostly negative post and ppl responded, funny how topics like this really bring out the community, lol

I hope I made things clear now.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

You wrote exactly what I wanted to write regarding AJ.  AJ used to be much more reasonable, but as time has gone on he's gotten much more frustrating to deal with and I was appalled at him coming in to argue in a thread you made and then ending it with "don't argue with me again" when he started it.  He needs a break from the forums quite badly or at least something else to focus his time on besides gaming and these forums.  I very much think a break would do him a world of good.

But I'll just sum up in general what my view on many people in this forum is: you guys need to spend more time playing your games and less time judging what/how others play.  Gaming is supposed to be fun and many users here seem to have forgotten that.

What they said.

I'm not quoting all this crap, so thoughts in order from least important to most important:

-AJ/Spaz can be a horse pill to chat with, but I believe he's being honest with his opinions. Could stand to chill more than a little bit.

-I've thought about making a checklist for the hell of it, but now I think I might actually do it.

-My first thought on the 'owl ranking thread' was 'that sounds fun, actually' and I'm glade to see I wasn't alone on that. I look forward to PSNOwls.

Edited by Jelly Soup

I was typing out a big thing and my internet stopped briefly and it deleted my entire rant :( 

So I'll just say a quick thing, and that's that I agree with a few things in the original post.

EZPZ trophy addiction is a real thing and lots of people are addicted. I myself was addicted at first, but then I realized that I didn't want to support companies profiting off addictions, and I managed to stop buying those games. I made a similar post on PST ages ago, and I got a ton of negative flack from it. People don't like being called out, and even more so, don't like to admit they have a problem. 

• Like 4

I think a good number of people getting more frustrated about the quantity over quality and not so much about the EZPZ cause no one knows if this ain't possibly affecting the good developers not getting enough support, for me i have seen less worth releases this whole year along sales too, reason my backlog keeps getting smaller.

• Like 3

On 9/15/2021 at 11:32 PM, Arcesius said:

What the fuck does this have anything to do with any of the points stated in the OP? I chimed in on the Hollow Knight discussion because the dude that wrote the OP was acting like he was speaking for the entire community, and had a very specific definition of what it means to "trophy hunt", and went even as far as saying that I'm not a trophy hunter because I don't do whatever it takes to get all trophies I possibly can.

Stick to the topic. Especially if you don't know what you are talking about. This is the third time you bring up the Hollow Knight thread in a completely unrelated discussion, and it adds nothing but confusion to the topic. 

I'm going to be real with you dude, because I think you are going off the edge and making accusations that are clearly brash, to say the least. This is the only time I'm going to say it.

I don't know this guy, I don't believe I'm friends with him on PSN, the only reason I was aware of this thread is because he happened to tag me in his OP, which is a massive diarrhea fest that I'm not even going to cover because a bunch of it is complete nonsense.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. It pisses me off to an extent that you have to go and say "this is the third you bring up the Hollow Knight thread in a completely unrelated discussion". Who gives a shit? Seriously, who gives a shit how many times I've mentioned it? Does it concern you so much that you actually tracked down exactly how many times I mentioned it before in the past? I've barely mentioned the fucking game at all this year. I utterly fail to see why you had to mention the number of times that I said it before.

Truthfully, I'm not defending this guy. I was hesitant to even respond to this idiotic thread because it was a disaster from the word 'GO!'. Call it flame bait, trolling, whatever. The OP was an attempt to troll this community, which is a practice that should be condoned.

This thread from beginning to end is just a bunch of guys canceling each other out, and for what? Trophies? Self status? There's no goddamn point.

All in all this is just to flex someones arrogance. You just lost a bit of my respect, because this response clearly tells me you reacted to me mentioning a goddamn game that you love where the exploit has been known for years.

This goes with what others have before. Even if you have the best argument and put your points across, even if there's no denying which side is correct, if you're not talking on the same level, people have their predetermined mindset that you aren't going to change. I've gotten this on pretty much ever forum website I've ever been to. I'm trying real hard to understand where you're coming from, but all I see for now is you basically ignoring most of that response and taking a snippet of that response regarding what I said on Hollow Knight.

For a long time I've tried to make a point that these EZ games are ruining the leaderboards and therefore have instilled trophy addiction in people, instead of playing games for fun and enjoying them for what they are. The standards have changed, and so has this trophy hunting community.

But I'm done trying to make a point. I'm not going to put an effort to present my side on why I think these EZ games are bad if people are just going to put their damn foot down and insult me. People are too self centered and arrogant to look at the other side. They can call me arrogant all they want, I guess that's what I get for being real and honest.

I've been in this trophy hunting community for several years at this point, and to see us fighting like this is completely unacceptable. If this guy made you angry, the best that you can do is ignore him. No use trying to argue.

9 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I'm going to be real with you dude, because I think you are going off the edge and making accusations that are clearly brash, to say the least. This is the only time I'm going to say it.

I don't know this guy, I don't believe I'm friends with him on PSN, the only reason I was aware of this thread is because he happened to tag me in his OP, which is a massive diarrhea fest that I'm not even going to cover because a bunch of it is complete nonsense.

I don't know him either. But if you read my response carefully, you will notice that I referred to the OP of the Hollow Knight topic, not this one. 

I know exactly what I'm talking about. It pisses me off to an extent that you have to go and say "this is the third you bring up the Hollow Knight thread in a completely unrelated discussion". Who gives a shit? Seriously, who gives a shit how many times I've mentioned it? Does it concern you so much that you actually tracked down exactly how many times I mentioned it before in the past? I've barely mentioned the fucking game at all this year. I utterly fail to see why you had to mention the number of times that I said it before.

I don't give a shit about how many times you talk about Hollow Knight. But, why do you feel the need to write this: 

"Both sides are guilty. Arcesius for a while was making a concern regarding the invincibility glitch in Hollow Knight, which made a certain trophy significantly easier. Many people took use of that glitch, but he kept debating about it, saying it was unfair to the people who did it legit. So, what was the point really? People will always take the easy way out, because that is the way of the world, especially today."

Why do you need to mention me? And more specifically, why do you need to mention what I wrote in a completely unrelated topic, about a completely unrelated game? Not only that, but you took my intentions out of context. 

That is what I took issue with. You can talk and ramble about anything you want all day long. But if you mention me and put words in my mouth, I'm gonna call you out for it. This is the third time you did this, and there is no reason for it. You clearly didn't understand what was going on in the Hollow Knight thread but keep spreading nonsense. 

All in all this is just to flex someones arrogance. You just lost a bit of my respect, because this response clearly tells me you reacted to me mentioning a goddamn game that you love where the exploit has been known for years.

This goes with what others have before. Even if you have the best argument and put your points across, even if there's no denying which side is correct, if you're not talking on the same level, people have their predetermined mindset that you aren't going to change. I've gotten this on pretty much ever forum website I've ever been to. I'm trying real hard to understand where you're coming from, but all I see for now is you basically ignoring most of that response and taking a snippet of that response regarding what I said on Hollow Knight.

No, you got it wrong. See my argument above. Talk about Hollow Knight all you want, talk about the exploit all you want. But don't take my comments out of context.

I ignored the rest of your post because you were arguing with the other guy about stuff I don't care about. It's a response I have seen you type many many times before. I didn't engage in the discussion about EZPZ games in the first place. I responded to the OP because of his insults towards users maintaining checklists. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I don't know him either. But if you read my response carefully, you will notice that I referred to the OP of the Hollow Knight topic, not this one.

You already mentioned me before I even started posting on this thread so I finally decided to chime in. This entire thread is utter stupidity, both the OP and just about everybody who commented on it. Arguing without having a real point.

6 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I don't give a shit about how many times you talk about Hollow Knight. But, why do you feel the need to write this: 

"Both sides are guilty. Arcesius for a while was making a concern regarding the invincibility glitch in Hollow Knight, which made a certain trophy significantly easier. Many people took use of that glitch, but he kept debating about it, saying it was unfair to the people who did it legit. So, what was the point really? People will always take the easy way out, because that is the way of the world, especially today."

Why do you need to mention me? And more specifically, why do you need to mention what I wrote in a completely unrelated topic, about a completely unrelated game? Not only that, but you took my intentions out of context. 

That is what I took issue with. You can talk and ramble about anything you want all day long. But if you mention me and put words in my mouth, I'm gonna call you out for it.

I made that because you were reacting to the guy who you felt was insulting this entire community. Which is he to an extent. I wasn't really aware he had a trophy checklists thread until I read the OP.

I don't speak for him, I won't defend him and I felt this thread was a deliberate attempt to mock everyone. I can definitely see the bit you said regarding "except AJ" referring to me of course, I took an issue with that just like the two other guys who mentioned me and called me arrogant.

All this to say, I think we're taking trophies too seriously here.

16 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

No, you got it wrong. See my argument above. Talk about Hollow Knight all you want, talk about the exploit all you want. But don't take my comments out of context.

I ignored the rest of your post because you were arguing with the other guy about stuff I don't care about. It's a response I have seen you type many many times before. I didn't engage in the discussion about EZPZ games in the first place. I responded to the OP because of his insults towards users maintaining checklists. 

It's a trolling thread. You generally don't talk much outside of your own trophy checklists thread and others, so I was a bit surprised to see that you responded.

6 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I don't speak for him, I won't defend him and I felt this thread was a deliberate attempt to mock everyone. I can definitely see the bit you said regarding "except AJ" referring to me of course, I took an issue with that just like the two other guys who mentioned me and called me arrogant.

Dude, I wasn't one of the people to call you arrogant or anything. The OP wrote this: 

"

Not all users are like that, just talking about the ones who pride them selves(lol) on playing hard video games like it means something.

Ppl like @AJ_Radio I have a lot of respect for cus he’s very humble(expect for super meat boy, lol jk)

seems very passionate and wise.

He speaks from a grounded perspective and really gives the real answers.

Dosnt just hide away saying “Lol look at my trophy list bruh I’m better then you”

Sadly not many ppl like him around.

"

That's where my "except AJ" came from. The guy insulted the entire community, and specifically excluded you from the group of people he was offending. There is still no need to put words in my mouth. 

9 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

It's a trolling thread. You generally don't talk much outside of your own trophy checklists thread and others, so I was a bit surprised to see that you responded.

I think you know why. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Dude, I wasn't one of the people to call you arrogant or anything. The OP wrote this: 

"

Not all users are like that, just talking about the ones who pride them selves(lol) on playing hard video games like it means something.

Ppl like @AJ_Radio I have a lot of respect for cus he’s very humble(expect for super meat boy, lol jk)

seems very passionate and wise.

He speaks from a grounded perspective and really gives the real answers.

Dosnt just hide away saying “Lol look at my trophy list bruh I’m better then you”

Sadly not many ppl like him around.

"

That's where my "except AJ" came from. The guy insulted the entire community, and specifically excluded you from the group of people he was offending. There is still no need to put words in my mouth.

I never said you did, but because he tagged me in his OP just for the hell of it a few people saw to it to mention me. And just to let you know, I didn't put words into you.

@Wild-Arms-R

If you are really doing a mia culpa as you indicated in your apology thread, and want this one to be left to crumble into historical dust, I suggest you lock it and let it die on the vine.

No good is likely to come from it at this point, and it's only going to keep drawing new people in to see the OP, which you've indicated isn't something you want.

Just a suggestion.:dunno:

• Like 3

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

@Wild-Arms-R

If you are really doing a mia culpa as you indicated in your apology thread, and want this one to be left to crumble into historical dust, I suggest you lock it and let it die on the vine.

No good is likely to come from it at this point, and it's only going to keep drawing new people in to see the OP, which you've indicated isn't something you want.

Just a suggestion.:dunno:

Only if you do the owl topic.

But no worries already on it.

• Like 2