Delisted?

snakebit10

In the UK, the game doesn't appear on the website if searching for it, but you can get to it through Google. But, seeing as I own it, I can't see if it throws an error - I imagine it will seeing as you can't find it naturally.

I'll email the person I talk to at HeadUp Games and see what's going on! 

**Fun fact - it appears you CAN find and buy it on the PS4 console, just not the PS5, website or mobile app - it's probably an issue with the listing on PSN**

Edited by turniplord
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, turniplord said:

In the UK, the game doesn't appear on the website if searching for it, but you can get to it through Google. But, seeing as I own it, I can't see if it throws an error - I imagine it will seeing as you can't find it naturally.

Thank you. That may be quicker then the message I left them on Twitter.

Sent the email - I've let them know where it's missing and that you seem to be able to still find and buy it on the PS4. I think it's a backend issue and it's not been intentionally delisted - otherwise the PS4 wouldn't give you the option to buy it still. 

I'll let you know when they reply - will probably be tomorrow as they're German and it's around 4 am over there atm :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Sent the email - I've let them know where it's missing and that you seem to be able to still find and buy it on the PS4. I think it's a backend issue and it's not been intentionally delisted - otherwise the PS4 wouldn't give you the option to buy it still. 

I'll let you know when they reply - will probably be tomorrow as they're German and it's around 4 am over there atm :)

I'll go on my PS4 and see if it is there. I have only tried from my pS5 and the web store.

53 minutes ago, turniplord said:

**Fun fact - it appears you CAN find and buy it on the PS4 console, just not the PS5, website or mobile app - it's probably an issue with the listing on PSN**

I went on my PS4 and sure enough it was in the store. So it must be a backend issue with the online store and PS5 store. Thanks for your help.

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

Same

WHq7gDu.png?1

It can be found through the store on PS4. I went ahead and bought it.

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

I can't even see ps4 from ps5 on the NA store override2.

However, it can be purchased from the ps4 store.

Some ps4 games may be invisible from non ps4.

16 minutes ago, syai0306 said:

I can't even see ps4 from ps5 on the NA store override2.

However, it can be purchased from the ps4 store.

Some ps4 games may be invisible from non ps4.

This is one of the many issues I've been pestering Sony and publishers about - I actively monitor store releases and email around 15-30 publishers a month due to listing errors or missing games which sony doesn't actually tell them about.

For about a 4-week period, a few months back, Sony thought it would be clever to literally stop you from buying any PS4 game if there's a PS5 version on the store (that isn't cross-buy), because stupid people were buying the wrong version and blaming Sony. So, the original Judgment, which has a different art style based on if you get the original or remastered version, was impossible to buy unless you looked online or on a PS4 console. 

After many complaints and pushing a lot of devs to question Sony over this shitty move, the store was reverted and you can now buy both the PS4 and PS5 versions of the same game in about 99% of instances (some still are affected by this backend update).

However, Override 2 falls into another category that has 'almost' been fixed. If a game has a free upgrade to the PS5 version, you can't see the PS4 and PS5 versions on the store - it only shows you the PS5 version. However, when you buy it, you get the ability to download both versions. The majority of these games now have the double "PS4/PS5" logo on them since yesterday's firmware update. However, as usual, some games haven't been given the icon - Override 2 is one of them. 

How do I know this is the case? If you look at Override 2 on the actual PSN website, you'll see this:

frefrfre.jpg

Both the regular version and the heavily discounted Deluxe (with all DLC packs) show both the PS4 and PS5 icon on them, meaning it's a cross-buy title. 

So, the reason you can't see the PS4 version on the PS5 console store is because you get both versions with a single purchase, giving you the option to download both once you buy it. 

What makes this a little more confusing is that there are sometimes games listed as one platform only, like Observer, Hades and Alba. These were all updated post-launch to give you both versions via cross-buy. But, if you bought them when they were single-platform, and you didn't buy the version the publisher edited into cross-buy, then you don't get the other version. Again though, I actively monitor these rare instances and report them to the publisher as soon as I see them.

Hopefully that makes sense :) - there are a number of other issues with the store, including over 100 games you can't buy on the PS5 anymore (which I have an article going live sometime tomorrow detailing what's missing), but I am trying to keep developers and publishers updated on the issues - even though Sony should be doing that. 

• Like 4

Okay, just looked on the PS5 - Override has the same issue Observer had. They've got a PS5 ONLY and a Cross-buy version uploaded. So, it's only showing the PS5 only version for the base game and both versions for the Deluxe editions. The publisher needs to remove the PS5 only Deluxe edition and swap the product page for the base game to the cross-buy version.

I'll drop them an email and see if they'll adjust it. My contact is the same for Rustler (which was also absent for about a week when it launched due to a listing error I advised how to fix). 

If you are looking at buying Override 2 though, grab the discounted deluxe cross-buy edition :)

E-d-T4pb-XMAMgm-RN.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...