Wondering if I should buy a Vita...

Scorpiio93

I will have the money to do so after Christmas/before New Year

I had a PSP a few years ago, but sold it last year and I now miss having a handheld. Especially when on car journeys, away from my PS3

Thing is, I'd have to buy pretty much every game, because this account is a Sub, made when I was 16 (Unfortunately -.- ) And I know you can only have 1 account on the Vita. I have PS+ on the master that I have full access to, which runs out in March. I'm not sure if I should create a second account for the Vita so I can have PS+ or not, as I'd like all trophies to be on this one. (There's no way I'm creating another to gain all current PS3 trophies on again), and I really don't want to lose PS+ games I have already downloaded or spend £80 a year on PS+ for 2 accounts

I've seen some games that I'm interested in. I'm just not sure what to do. /: Is it worth using this account and buying every game?

Currently interested in this bundle http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-vita-wifi-only-with-tearaway-littlebigplanet-vita-and-16gb-memory-card-242978?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=151637

Thought I'd ask before I buy :)

omg, does any of that make sense? haha

Edited by Scorpiio93

You might as well use whichever account your trophy hunting on or use predominately. If you use your sub account more than your master account and like to hunt trophies, then, use your sub account. If your not interested in trophy hunting, then use your master account; it'll save you money if that's the case. Hopes this helps!

I don't exactly understand the situation you are in with accounts, but if you're asking about the system in gereral, it's an absolute yes from me. And the bundle looks like a good deal too. I don't know about Tearaway yet but I am getting it for Christmas and I heard it was good.

The Vita is hands down my single best Playstation purchase this year. Out of the 25 different games I played this year, 16 of them where on my Vita. So if you're asking if it's worth it, in my opinion it is. It's only just now getting some good exclusives, but it also does share a bunch of good games with the PS3 (so you can go portable), it can download and play certain PSP and PSOne games, it can remote play certain PS4 games, so it's got a lot going for it. It just don't know why it's not as popular as it is.

As for your account situation, I don't have an answer for that.

First question: Yes, you should absolutely get a Vita. I have a PS3 and a 3DS as well, and somehow the Vita gets the most attention from me ever since I got P4G. A worthwhile investment indeed.

Second question: Don't worry about your PS+. There are very few good games on PS+ for Vita, bar Gravity Rush and the Oddworld one afaik. You can get Gravity Rush wherever, in all likelihood, for cheapish like I did.

I've played a couple of games on it so far and I'll mention a few of the best:

MGS HD Collection

Persona 4 Golden

(Yes, these are ports, but they're brilliant ports.)

Soul Sacrifice

Gravity Rush

AC3 Liberation

(Looking past some of the issues therein, it's a solid effort and a worthy handheld iteration from a brand new studio.)

And DON'T get:

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

(This might be somewhat enjoyable if you're not going for the platinum. Otherwise, you're in for about 20 hours of the same story missions, and then a hike through dead multiplayer for some ridiculously luck-based trophies, although it is theoretically possible to boost in some places.)

flOw

(Again, the whole 100% thing. Cannibalism is even worse than it was on PS3, and the glitch install doesn't work.)

The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

(TORTURE.)

None of you have a PSP? At the time I purchased one in February 2012, I forgot about the Vita's existence. So a year later, I started to hear more about the Vita and looked up some easy trophies which convinced me to buy a White Vita from Play N Trade. Be sure that the digital games you want to play on Vita are downloaded from the same account that will play them. I've only played 2 physical Vita games.

I have to agree with the majority in that the Vita is awesome. I have one as well, and have a decent number of games for it. It is kind of unfortunate you are locked into one account activation for your purchases, so definitely do it on your primary account.

With it being so integrated into the PS4 (finally), it will be getting all kinds of love now, too. The Tearaway bundle is a really good deal. That game is netting excellent reviews.

Reading back on my post hours later, I have confused myself. Sorry if I confused anyone else! It sounded a lot better in my head... 

I'll just stick with this account then and forget PS+. You've all convinced me even more to buy one now :D

Thanks Glaiveworm for the game suggestions! I'll make sure to check them out. I'm browsing the PSN store right now, and have found some 'adorable' games that I know I'll love!

YAY, MORE TROPHIES! :D

• Like 1

I'm also getting a PS Vita once I save enough money, and I seriously can't wait! I have some games from PS+, and if I get the pack which includes 10 more games I'm gonna have quite a backlog right off the bat lol

Also having my eyes on Tearaway, everyone is loving it.

So, stop thinking and get a PS Vita NOW ^^

I bought my Vita 1 month ago and I really love it (Even though I haven't that much games for it yet, except some are being sent atm).  :|

As a anime watcher, I was wondering myself about the quality the Vita had (I knew it was 576p, but as a 720p/1080i/1080p player/watcher/encoder, I really asked myself that)

But holy... the quality is damn nice!  :blink:

Love that your PS+ works on the Vita too, now I just need some more games  :lol:

Edited by SleepSub

http://direct.asda.com/PlayStation-Vita---Sports-Racing-Mega-Pack/003726780,default,pd.html

£175 on asdas website, 3G & WiFi console, 16gb Memory Card and a voucher for 8 games off the ps store

1) Gran Turismo

2) Wipeout Pulse

3) Modnation Racers

4) Everybody's Golf

5) Motorstorm RC

6) Top Darts

7) Tabletop Tanks

8) Table Golf

im quite tempted myself for that price but can get my head around if i will be playing it as often, and considering i want the ps4 i may just leave it and get the ps4 lol

http://direct.asda.com/PlayStation-Vita---Sports-Racing-Mega-Pack/003726780,default,pd.html

£175 on asdas website, 3G & WiFi console, 16gb Memory Card and a voucher for 8 games off the ps store

1) Gran Turismo

2) Wipeout Pulse

3) Modnation Racers

4) Everybody's Golf

5) Motorstorm RC

6) Top Darts

7) Tabletop Tanks

8) Table Golf

im quite tempted myself for that price but can get my head around if i will be playing it as often, and considering i want the ps4 i may just leave it and get the ps4 lol

Now THAT is a good bundle for the price! I forgot to check Asda. Not sure if I'd play all of those games though /:

I suppose even if you don't play all them games at least there will be something if you did fancy playing something, not sure if the games have any trophies, but for the price you cant really complain even if you decided to sell on the voucher or pass it on to some one else in the family

I got that Sports & Racing Mega Pack as well.... Bought in on GameStop in Germany for a very cheap prize as it was 169.99€ :) That would be around 142 Pounds Sterling.

I can say, Gran Turismo and WipEout Pulse are Psp Ports and those doesn't have Trophies. ModNation, Golf and Motorstorm are full games coming with platinum and the last three are minigames with Trophy Support

Edited by Fumaku