How does it run on PS4?

UpTheIrons_87

Hi guys,

How does this run on Standard PS4, not Pro or Slim? The reason I ask is that ever since Cyberpunk basically destroyed the notion "for me" that games meant for PS5 run well on PS4. I am nervous to get this game at the risk it runs terribly on PS4. 

Now I know this game isn't as technically advanced as Cyberpunk, but my worry remains. 

6 hours ago, UpTheIrons_87 said:

Hi guys,

How does this run on Standard PS4, not Pro or Slim? The reason I ask is that ever since Cyberpunk basically destroyed the notion "for me" that games meant for PS5 run well on PS4. I am nervous to get this game at the risk it runs terribly on PS4. 

Now I know this game isn't as technically advanced as Cyberpunk, but my worry remains. 

Thats more of a CDPR problem and not a PS4 problem. The Witcher ran like shit on release as well and the Witcher tales Gwent spin off game used to crash like once per hour on release as well.  

• Like 1

I finished the game. 

It runs good for 90% of the time, but it has some stuttering here and there. Most noticeable will be while exploring Village (especially after delivering some Spirit Mails). It will also get clunky at endgame - some fights have fps drops, and you'll experience it while just running around. It's mostly okay, it isn't bad, bud it's not flat 30fps all the way.

Also has some texture loading issues, but that's mostly on cutscenes and this happens very rarely. 

Edited by MGWhiteboy95

On 9/21/2021 at 5:06 PM, iGGTheEnd said:

Thats more of a CDPR problem and not a PS4 problem. The Witcher ran like shit on release as well and the Witcher tales Gwent spin off game used to crash like once per hour on release as well.  

It's a general devs not caring or being rushed problem. I love Insomniac and they usually put out pretty polished games but they were forced to put out Miles Morales on PS5. They had to abandon the PS4 version to a team that had to down port the rest of the game Insomniac made on PS5 and the PS5 version had to be rushed to meet the PS5 launch. So both version ended up being a mess.

If any game runs bad on the PS4, it wasn't the hardwares fault. Plenty of big AAA games have been downgraded to play (relatively) fine on the Switch.