What Guide(s) Are You Currently Writing? V.2

Roronora_Zoro666

Finished my guide for Spidersaurs yesterday and got it published. It was a long road, and it took me a long time to finish it, but I had a lot of fun creating it. Not only that, but it was also my first guide. I will create a guide for another game in 2023, but I'll reveal it once I'll start working on it.

Edited by MrGarland
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sauron-The-Great said:

So I just noticed that the staff will be busy with the election of the 2022 goty. I mean 618 guides 1f605.png. So Im guessing it will take a bit longer than usual... But how long does it normally take?

And Can I make additional improvements while my guide is in the queue for approval?

I know it's supposed to be ready before putting it out for approval, which it is. I just keep finding more stuff out about the game that I want to share in the guide.

We do review the guides when we are free, else there would be no publications all month. The usual rate is about 2 weeks. 

As for editing your guide, you’re more than welcome to do so, but keep in mind that any edits will move your guide’s position to the bottom of the queue. Thus, prolonging your review from happening sooner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

We do review the guides when we are free, else there would be no publications all month. The usual rate is about 2 weeks. 

As for editing your guide, you’re more than welcome to do so, but keep in mind that any edits will move your guide’s position to the bottom of the queue. Thus, prolonging your review from happening sooner.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best of luck with reviewing everything! 

• Like 1

Currently starting my 1st guide for one of my favorite games. Chimparty! I know it's an easy one but it's a way for me to learn how the guide template works. There are a few games that I've played that don't have a guide, such as Tearaway, SMB Banana Splitz, GTA SA Definitive Edition that I might pick up soon as well. Is there any topic where I can post my guide when it's finished so I can receive feedback to improve it? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zemiguelreis said:

Currently starting my 1st guide for one of my favorite games. Chimparty! I know it's an easy one but it's a way for me to learn how the guide template works. There are a few games that I've played that don't have a guide, such as Tearaway, SMB Banana Splitz, GTA SA Definitive Edition that I might pick up soon as well. Is there any topic where I can post my guide when it's finished so I can receive feedback to improve it? 

You can either invite a trusted friend as a co-author to give it the once over or PM a link to it to a member of the Guide Team and ask for their feedback before submitting it formally :). Alternatively, you can join the official discord channel and ask for pointers in the Authors channel: https://discord.gg/gHbKr43wV3

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

i'm probably going to shelve some guides for now and pick them up later.

i'm got Mekorama in the works but probably going to do the original Hiq ace first.

Mekorama:

PS4

currently being written (on hold until i start and finish the HIq ace guide)

accepting help 

not working with anyone yet

HIq Ace:

PS4

About to start writing it 

not accepting help

not working with anyone

Edited by serrated-banner9

1 hour ago, serrated-banner9 said:

i'm probably going to shelve some guides for now and pick them up later.

i'm got Mekorama in the works but probably going to do the original Hiq ace first.

looking at the current guide (https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6879-hiq-ace-trophy-guide) compared to my Hiq ace unlimited one (https://psnprofiles.com/guide/14892-hiq-ace-unlimited-trophy-guide), i think that my unlimited one is better IMO (omitted) so i can probably make one with more details.

Mekorama:

PS4

currently being written (on hold until i start and finish the HIq ace guide)

accepting help 

not working with anyone yet

HIq Ace:

PS4

About to start writing it 

not accepting help

not working with anyone

There's no point in calling out people. You could've just said you're doing a guide and nothing else.

Please refrain from doing that in the future. I humbly ask that you remove the @ for them, too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

There's no point in calling out people. You could've just said you're doing a guide and nothing else.

Please refrain from doing that in the future. I humbly ask that you remove the @ for them, too.

oh sorry about that, won't do that in the future and edited the original post to fix it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going to write a guide for Soccer Pinball.

Soccer Pinball

PS4

Just strating

Accepting help

Not working with everyone

Also @Roronora_Zoro666, i just remembered that Someone dmed me back in September recommending me to do a gameplay guide for that Otterfic arcade card racing game on my profile. just asking if it's ok to do it as i remember the Breakthough gaming pinball was cancelled because there was too little to write about

24 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I'm toying with the idea of doing a Guide for Delta Squad but I don't know if I can add enough detail to make it worthwhile, since the game is mostly self explanatory and relatively easy once you get the controls down.

You can always focus on a gameplay guide or make a forum guide

28 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Going to write a guide for Soccer Pinball.

Soccer Pinball

PS4

Just strating

Accepting help

Not working with everyone

Also @Roronora_Zoro666, i just remembered that Someone dmed me back in September recommending me to do a gameplay guide for that Otterfic arcade card racing game on my profile. just asking if it's ok to do it as i remember the Breakthough gaming pinball was cancelled because there was too little to write about

Gameplay guides should be fine, but I’d dm the GT Lead just in case.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

• 1 month later...