Hacked Save Files

Jhante_Brown

I have noticed that people these days are excessively making use of the hacked save files now easily available online at the convenience of a google search.

However, is there a way to detect these cheaters? Is PSNProfiles monitoring and banning such accounts from the website at least?

I spend hundreds of hours earning platinum but knowing about these hacked saved files now are making me want to stop hunting trophies altogether.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jhante_Brown said:

I have noticed that people these days are excessively making use of the hacked save files now easily available online at the convenience of a google search.

However, is there a way to detect these cheaters? Is PSNProfiles monitoring and banning such accounts from the website at least?

I spend hundreds of hours earning platinum but knowing about these hacked saved files now are making me want to stop hunting trophies altogether.

you know that you don't have to post the same thing on every sub forum, right?

stop spamming..

• Like 1

The CRT have their methods but they're confidential, because they don't want hackers to use that info to bypass the detection tools. If you have a modded console, the forum software will auto-ban and delete your site profile once it has been detected. Also, it's often blindingly obvious when a save file has been used - which makes it very easy for normal players to detect and report them via the tools the site provides. Once someone has received 3 valid flags for cheating, they are perma-off the leaderboards. You can find all the rules here, for how the CRT handle things: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/5239-flagged-game-disputes/

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jhante_Brown said:

Why did you decide to post this in 5 different forum sections?

Cheaters will always exist. I don't think that there are any detection scripts in play, but there is an entire team to work on removing cheaters (CRT). They act on reports that community members report and solve disputes.

You decide what value to put into trophy hunting. At the end of the day it is a completely arbitrary value defined by what you personally feel is important. There is no point in basing your decisions to engage in the hobby or not because cheaters exist.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Stop spamming dude, this is the 6th or 7th time you've thrown this same message up on the forums. You also have nearly 800 hidden trophies on your profile and are fixated on cheating and hacking approaches by Sony and this site, so, go figure.

He keep spam any topic. you need to clam down and report this kid until moderators arrived don't waste your time on this kid

Edited by GrantVernonHart

To be honest, why you care so much how others earn their trophies or use hacked save file ?

I do hate hacker or cheater, but they won't stop me from doing what I enjoy.

31 minutes ago, Jhante_Brown said:

Stop hunting trophies because of those hacker are too stupid

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jhante_Brown said:

You may got removed for real if you keep spam and bumping any topic mr. @Jhante_Brown

I am only trying to reach out to more people. Apologies.

18 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Stop spamming dude, this is the 6th or 7th time you've thrown this same message up on the forums. You also have nearly 800 hidden trophies on your profile and are fixated on cheating and hacking approaches by Sony and this site, so, go figure.

Moderators, I can unhide all the trophies(Easy Ratalaika trophies that I am now ashamed of) from my account, but can I get some action initiated against this person for falsely accusing me of something baselessly?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jhante_Brown said:

How do you poeple these days are using game saves/hacks maybe they are good at the game or run it on a alt account before doing a quick completion on their main one.

IF your so good at telling who's used hacks/save games then do we really need a system?

go to their profiles, if their timestamps are suspicious theres a way to report it. this site does remove cheaters if its obvious that you have like 50 trophies pop at once or something. theres not much other of a way to tell if someone is downloading a save. if someone gets a trophy that is impossible due to a server offline then you can report that to 

i saw someone get a trophy in uno which needed to be in the top uno leaderboards and he wasnt yet got the trophy and i reported it and they lookd into it and canned him

Edited by melodicmizery

1 minute ago, Jhante_Brown said:

Sorry, I was trying to reach out to more people.

This site is active enough that most posts will be seen and replied to very quickly, there's no need to spam the same thing 8+ times when once is enough. If you're that concerned about save file misuse, just PM one of the CRT and let them handle it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jhante_Brown said:

I am only trying to reach out to more people. Apologies.

Moderators, I can unhide all the trophies(Easy Ratalaika trophies that I am now ashamed of) from my account, but can I get some action initiated against this person for falsely accusing me of something baselessly?

I think you need to stop right now before it's too late I warned you @Jhante_Brown

4 minutes ago, KIutzyFrog said:

How do you poeple these days are using game saves/hacks maybe they are good at the game or run it on a alt account before doing a quick completion on their main one.

IF your so good at telling who's used hacks/save games then do we really need a system?

In that case I can only say that you know very little but you are easy to make tall claims.

I was planning on getting a platinum for Crash Bandicoot 4. Its difficulty is 9/10 and I was going through the trophy guide. The guide owner in the comments mentioned that the rarity of the platinum has falled due to a large number of gamers instantly popping up the platinum using hacked save files. Before this I never knew this was possible on PS4. A simple google search led me to a page where you can download such hacked save files!!!! I find this very unpleasant.

I'm sorry about this. I will avoid reposting.

I came to know about hacked save files just yesterday when I stumbled on the trophy guide for Crash Bandicoot 4. People are instantly unlocking platinums using the hacked saved files. Can such websites be taken down? There are many many save files of other games as well on this particular website. Literally killing me to know that these cheaters are competing with people who spend hundreds of hours on earning platinums!

Just now, Jhante_Brown said:

I came to know about hacked save files just yesterday when I stumbled on the trophy guide for Crash Bandicoot 4. People are instantly unlocking platinums using the hacked saved files. Can such websites be taken down? There are many many save files of other games as well on this particular website. Literally killing me to know that these cheaters are competing with people who spend hundreds of hours on earning platinums!

Take this energy and protest corrupt politicians or climate change or whatever, is this seriously killing you?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

go to their profiles, if their timestamps are suspicious theres a way to report it. this site does remove cheaters if its obvious that you have like 50 trophies pop at once or something. theres not much other of a way to tell if someone is downloading a save. if someone gets a trophy that is impossible due to a server offline then you can report that to 

i saw someone get a trophy in uno which needed to be in the top uno leaderboards and he wasnt yet got the trophy and i reported it and they lookd into it and canned him

Dunno what his problem, the message were clear but he keep spam and bumping any topic. You need to stop mr @Jhante_Brown or you'll be removed from this site or muted from this site mr @DaivRules will explain as soon he arrived

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jhante_Brown said:

Literally killing me to know that these cheaters are competing with people who spend hundreds of hours on earning platinums!

Then take a Xanax and calm down.

Earning trophies and knowing you did it legit is its own reward - caring about some others doing otherwise is a fast road to a dark and frustrating place.

• Like 4