Hacked Save Files

Jhante_Brown

3 minutes ago, GrantVernonHart said:

Dunno what his problem, the message were clear but he keep spam and bumping any topic. You need to stop mr @Jhante_Brown or you'll be removed from this site or muted from this site mr @DaivRules will explain as soon he arrived

I already stopped a while back but you are still repeating this. I apologized and stopped a while back but I am still getting these reminders/warnings/threats from you.

8 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Then take a Xanax and calm down.

Earning trophies and knowing you did it legit is its own reward - caring about some others doing otherwise is a fast road to a dark and frustrating place.

I understand, but its really annoying, when we are trying to compete in the leaderboards and climb ranks.

28 minutes ago, J4MES_T1GER said:

To be honest, why you care so much how others earn their trophies or use hacked save file ?

I do hate hacker or cheater, but they won't stop me from doing what I enjoy.

Stop hunting trophies because of those hacker are too stupid

Because I want to compete in the leaderboards and climb ranks...

7 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

If you suspect an account is cheating on PSNProfiles, report them. The Cheater Removers will look into it.

I will do so, thanks. However, just want to share that something should be done about these hacked saved files and the websites that are openly sharing them.

3 minutes ago, Jhante_Brown said:

Because I want to compete in the leaderboards and climb ranks...

If you want to climb ranks just play ratailaka and his friends no need to bother other site or people your action is harmful and you need to stop just play the game that's all.

Edited by GrantVernonHart
  • Like 2

Hacked save files and downloading save files off the internet aren't allowed in the leaderboards. If you find someone you have evidence of using them you can report to the Cheater Removal Team. As for those sites distributing said save files that isn't the responsibility of this site, it's Sony's issue and they're the ones that could do anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jhante_Brown said:

No need to be rude.

I only tried to bring attention to the fact that websites are openly sharing such hacked files which make platinums instantly pop up.

The mods are aware of them, those sites have been around for at least 10 years now. They can monitor those sites when people use their PSN ids as the forum name on there. 

Posting the same message nine times is a sure fire way to get people's backs up my friend. Having said that, I agree with you. Cheaters are bastards and it must be dispiriting to see trophies cheated when you've worked hard to earn them legitimately. The site does have a report function and a dedicated cheater removal team so I would simply encourage you to report any trophies that look suspicious so that we can get cheaters removed from the leaderboards. I'd recommend you to play Crash Bandicoot if you're worried about cheaters since you can only report cheated games that you, yourself have also played. If you play Crash, you'll then be able to report others who have cheated it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jhante_Brown said:

I spend hundreds of hours earning platinum but knowing about these hacked saved files now are making me want to stop hunting trophies altogether.

If the actions of others are enough to make you stop hunting trophies then you probably didn't have enough interest in it to begin with.  You can't control what others do and cheaters will exist on any leaderboard.  All you can control is how you play.  Might also do you some good to try to focus less on your ranking or the rankings of others and just focus on goals to improve your own profile besides competing for a rank against people who have been playing longer than you.  Most people on here who have tried chasing a certain rank on the leaderboards ended up burning themselves out and forgetting what gaming is truly about: having fun.

Seriously, go play your games and try to have some fun.  That's far more important than anything else.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jhante_Brown said:

Sorry, I was trying to reach out to more people.

It's okay, we hear you loud and clear now. :D Hackers and cheaters will always exist but trophy hunting should be something you do for yourself, if you enjoy it then this shouldn't be a reason to quit, right? You're just proving that you earn them with hard work and they're being pussies.

It's more difficult to catch a cheater when they actually put thought into unlock order. We run into this all the time in Steam achievement hunting. But no matter how good, every cheater slips up eventually and gets caught.

I know how you feel, and it does suck.  But this is life.  Some people work their asses off to accomplish their goal, while others lie, cheat, and steal their way to success.  If you notice anything fishy on someone's profile, I guess you can report them, but do you want to spend your time looking over profiles for irregularities on the off chance they cheated? 

I guess it falls on Sony and/or the publisher of the game to do something about the save files online, but that will take time, lawyers, and money that they're not going to spend just to maintain integrity in the plat %'s with no profit in return for their trouble.

19 hours ago, Jhante_Brown said:

No need to be rude.

I only tried to bring attention to the fact that websites are openly sharing such hacked files which make platinums instantly pop up.

When did you start gaming? Hacked saves have been around since the beginning. The PS3 and 360 era was rich with bullshit achievements. 

20 hours ago, SnowbellKitty said:

Who seriously cares about other people's trophies, or even about the boards? Would Sony give you a truffled cookie if you ever were to rank in first place? Grow up!

I know right imagine caring about trophies on a website about trophies.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

I know right imagine caring about trophies on a website about trophies.

This guy i.e. @SnowbellKitty posted in another thread that he has been gaming since the pong machine, that means he is easily at least 50 to 55 years old. Yesterday when I read his comment, I was surprised at first about the weird things that he was blurting out but then I thought to myself, internet is full of such dumb, toxic people.

I won't say how much growing he needs to do (as I never judge people without knowing), I have to add that his comment is the only idiotic and nonsensical one that has been posted on this thread.

Don't pay attention. Such people don't deserve it, regardless of their age.