Should I buy Vita now or later?

pentuwoof

I'm sorry if somebody has asked something like this already...

I've been considering buying PS Vita (WiFi). I don't like playing with my phone nor tablet but I'd probably enjoy playing with PS Vita. As a PS+ member I'd also get some free games to it.

I found a pack including PS Vita (WiFi) + Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time + 4GB memory card which costs 169 EUR (normally 199 EUR). This is probably one of the cheapest Vita prices I am able to find from my country. Should I buy order this asap before the discount is over or should I wait in case the price would drop more sometimes in the future? Or is it even likely to see lower PS Vita prices?

Also, if I'd order that, how fast I should buy a better memory card? I don't think 4GB would be enough.

EDIT: Corrected a little mistike from the title...

Edited by pentuwoof

Well if you are really itching for a handheld system then you should definitely go for the vita now especially since you think this is the cheapest you will find it in your country. The vita is a great system with some good games on it.

As for the memory card you probably should try to find a bigger one asap since you are a ps plus member and will need the room for those free digital games.

I just broke down and bought one @ $189 US that came with 4 games and a 4G memory card. I love it!

I would strongly suggest getting a bigger memory card though. They just came out w/ a 64gb card and as a result the price of the 32gb and 16gb have come down considerably. 16gb is $19.99 and 32gb is now $39.99 :)

Thanks next time ill try to give better advice by not promoting my site :)

Memnoch is very right of course... if you have a PS4 PS Vita is a must... if you dont have one and you buy a Vita, some day in the near future you should have a PS4... or wait for the PS4 Vita bundle... ha im going too far... just buy the Vita and you will never regret it...

Not bad but really they should consider puting larger memory cards... 4 gb wont fit more the 2 big games..........

EDIT: Tearaway is an amazing game... short on time but large in imagination and creativity.

Edited by Ikenda

I'm sorry if somebody has asked something like this already...

I've been considering buying PS Vita (WiFi). I don't like playing with my phone nor tablet but I'd probably enjoy playing with PS Vita. As a PS+ member I'd also get some free games to it.

I found a pack including PS Vita (WiFi) + Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time + 4GB memory card which costs 169 EUR (normally 199 EUR). This is probably one of the cheapest Vita prices I am able to find from my country. Should I buy order this asap before the discount is over or should I wait in case the price would drop more sometimes in the future? Or is it even likely to see lower PS Vita prices?

Also, if I'd order that, how fast I should buy a better memory card? I don't think 4GB would be enough.

EDIT: Corrected a little mistike from the title...

I would suggest getting one now unless your planning on buying a PS4 anytime soon. If that's the case, I'd wait until you have the money for a PS4 + Vita bundle. If not, then NOW is the best time without a doubt. Most companies (large or small) try to get rid of all their inventory before the year's end since most companies financial calendar ends Dec. 31st. Therefore, the best price will be now. 

There is a new vita coming out. It's out in Japan now. That being said, if you're going to stick with this generation of the PS Vita I would totally go for it! I love my vita! I've (somehow) managed to live with the 4G card. I will be upgrading to a 64G or 32G one shortly though because I want to be able to keep all the games I play on my vita. 

I've been thinking this myself lately...And with FFX HD Remastered coming up it looks like I will get it...but yet again, I'm not too much of a fan of handheld consoles, specially when I have both the ps3 and ps4, but it does looks tempting, the thought of laying down on my bed (before going to sleep) and play some games....but only games I'd play would be JRPGs and RPG (graphics doesn't matter, in fact its better if they don't try to be beautiful) can somebody mention some good RPGs for the vita, just so that I have more reason to get it.  :)

Edited by entimecago

Hmmh, I don't have too much money so I don't really know whether I want to wait or not. If the next version would be released in Europe somewhere next year, I would like to buy it - even though I had the current version too. Dunno is it worth upgrading from the current version to the next version.

However, OLED seems to be much better than LCD... Maybe I should just buy the current version asap...

Edited by pentuwoof

I went ahead and bought a Vita last month for the OLED screen and I do not regret it. However, though the new model will have an inferior LCD screen, it will have a longer battery life. The OLED model battery lasts about 5 hours.

Also only invest in a memory card that's 16gb or above. Otherwise you're going to be buying a new card before you know it.

Also, if you have a PS4, consider that it can act as another controller on top of playing some PS4 titles.

Edited by Bucknerd

• 2 weeks later...

hi there, i just recently bought my vita 2000 in taiwan as its out in most asian countries. Although the screen is definitely no way as pretty as the old OLED screen, I'm not too picky and the additional battery life definitely helps. In addition, i rly like the redesigned back touch screen on the 2000 as i have pretty big hands and the old vita just didn't suit my hand size as i wuldve probably ended up touching the back screen more than half the time. Imo, maybe wait for the vita 2000..? if its not available where u r atm.

Any current bundle with game and memory for around €169 is a great deal, theres no point in waiting for a ps4 bundle becouse it isnt cheaper. I would take the oled model instead of the lcd. I have the oled now and when i play i prefer display quality to battery life. I play at home or near a power outlet mostly, and 5 hours is enough for me. Even thinking about buying a second / backup psvita oled model before they run out of stock when the new model comes. They should never have put an lcd screen in it.