How often do you back up your files?

Wade_VC

• 3 weeks later...

Just to post some info:

Did a Full Backup last night of approximately 98 GB. Took 2 hours and 55 minuets.

Today I'm installing a 500 GB HDD. The restore process started with 5 hours 28 minuets to completion. Now @ 3% it's down to 3 hours 27 minuets. I would imagine it will really only take about 3 hours. But the Backup didn't fluctuate time so much.

Edit: It took 5 and a half hours like it first said...

Other info about my journey:

I ended up using the 500 GB HDD out of my (now dead for a third time) Phat. Witch was updated to current Firmware (4.0). But I had to use a flash drive to download the Firmware again, to re-install to the incoming drive. I've never had to do that before, even on a used/partitioned drive.

And I ended up hitting an error in the beginning of the Backup process. (800283E1) So when you are going to attempt a Full Backup, you must have at least 5 GB of free space on the PS3 HDD. The Backup utility saves in heaps of 4.95 GB to the PS3 HDD, then copy's it to the External drive.

I probably back up my save files onto a usb every 2-3 months, i copy them to multiple accounts whenever i am in the middle of a game just incase it corrupts.

I'm not buying ps plus for cloud storage, it's an unfair monopoly sony is in with the copyrighted save "fails", and i'm boycotting it. Besides, most of my saves can be copied and backed up and the ones that can't i don't really care about.anyway