'The Gem in the Tower' possibly bugged on PS5

Toitoinou51

Just thought I'd share here my experience playing the Isle of Siptah DLC on PS5.

I got all trophies excepting The Gem in the Tower (Explore the Isle of Siptah).

I can guarantee that ALL locations were discovered including:

- the Duskholme location absent from the interactive map in the guide

- the second location hidden below the Towerwatch Keep

- the sometimes forgotten black hand Ashen Core

I re-installed the game but the trophy never popped.

The only solution I found was to start from scratch on my PS4 (yeah, I know).

I did the exact same, discovered every locations over again and guess what... the trophy popped correctly!

Hope this can help anyone in the same situation ?

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Misleading title
  • Like 1

On 2021-11-21 at 8:42 AM, Toitoinou51 said:

Just thought I'd share here my experience playing the Isle of Siptah DLC on PS5.

I did the exact same, discovered every locations over again and guess what... the trophy popped correctly!

Hope this can help anyone in the same situation 1f609.png

Mine is bugged on PS4, I obtained every location including the ones you mentioned above and it still never popped on my PS4. Might try my luck on PS5 instead.

1 hour ago, drwhokid123 said:

I tried this trophy on PS5 at first and now on PS4 and still no trophy so I am a bit worried that this might be a glitched trophy now.

Hopefully someone can figure out a work around or it gets patched soon.

Scratch that, I double checked on PS5 and there was one missing on there and have the trophy now. If anyone has this issue then I guess you should just really check to make sure you have everything.

• Like 1

I was using a full map and thought mine had bugged turns out there's weirdly a couple of areas that showed up on my map I on and name that just was not even listed on any map I saw so I thought I had everything on the map but these extras was like right next to the ones that count so close in fact it looks like I had the right ones but actually had to walk a couple of feet to get the correct ones to show up

This dlc was not well thought up

• Like 1

This trophy is just not unlocking for me. I'm using only a PS4.
First tried using the map provided on this site and being extremely thorough checking / rechecking.
Second I tried using the below guide.
Thirdly I used the same guide, switching to offline just in case it was bugged in some involving that.
I'm confident I've visited every single location and I think this trophy just might be broken for some players after the latest patch (didn't hear of any problems before this).
Ive given up for now, hoping there will be a fix ASAP.

For anyone reading this thread and wondering, no, there's nothing wrong with the trophy. Anyone who thinks it's glitched hasn't fully explored the map and fulfilled the requirements to earn the trophy. I've personally done Gem in the Tower multiple times (including on PS5) and it unlocked when I'd found all the areas.

• Like 4

On 11/21/2021 at 9:42 AM, Toitoinou51 said:

Hope this can help anyone in the same situation 1f609.png

Wish you at least gave a discription of where those 3 areas were. Thanks a lot 

11 hours ago, Helyx said:

For anyone reading this thread and wondering, no, there's nothing wrong with the trophy. Anyone who thinks it's glitched hasn't fully explored the map and fulfilled the requirements to earn the trophy. I've personally done Gem in the Tower multiple times (including on PS5) and it unlocked when I'd found all the areas.

Well seeing as a have all the locations on the interactive map, then that means there's locations not on the map guide I haven't discovered if that is the case.

For those wondering where Duskholme is. Check the admin guide page 3. Someone posted a link showing where it is. Thank God for that gem of a person. 

Edited by Stars_of_Sirius
  • Like 2

On 27/11/2021 at 1:51 AM, Helyx said:

You've done this on multiple occasions? Are you a gluten for punishment lol. I'm wondering if you can tell me which location I'm missing. Here is the map taken from my PS4, still with no trophy appearing. I couldn't fit the bottom two islands into the screenshot, but they're small enough for me to be able to tell I've already fully discovered those.

https://ibb.co/88hRMzt

Edited by whittle181
typo

1 hour ago, whittle181 said:

I'm wondering if you can tell me which location I'm missing.

I just wanted to squash the misinformation in the thread about the trophy being glitched. Once you've met the full requirements, the trophy will unlock. Good luck.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I just wanted to squash the misinformation in the thread about the trophy being glitched. Once you've met the full requirements, the trophy will unlock. Good luck.

Have you considered the possibility that whilst this trophy was achievable for you it may be glitched for other players? No matter how unlikely you believe that scenario to be, it certainly isn't impossible. Admittedly rare, similar situations have happened in other games. And I'm pretty confident that as the months roll by this topic will be pages full of other players saying they were unable to unlock this trophy...

8 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Have you considered the possibility that whilst this trophy was achievable for you it may be glitched for other players?

I did, but the more likely scenario would be that you haven't considered that you didn't meet the requirements for the trophy. Try again and I'm sure you'll find what you're missing.

On 28/11/2021 at 9:28 PM, Helyx said:

I did, but the more likely scenario would be that you haven't considered that you didn't meet the requirements for the trophy. Try again and I'm sure you'll find what you're missing.

Well... I found out the problem on my map. Turns out the trophy is achievable but is also glitched so I guess we were both right.
Using the admin guide on this site I followed the map to a tee. I made no mistakes in visiting locations and didn't miss any out as stated in the guide. The only problem is is that there's a mistake in the map provided on the guide found here:  https://imgur.com/a/01yXva6
In the middle of the map there is a location with a big red cross in it saying the player does not need to explore this location for it to count. I can confirm that this was the last discoverable location for me and was what got the trophy to pop after hours of running around the map. I do however believe that the location is 'glitched' as there are reports of other players who didn't need to discover it but still attained the trophy. Strange one, but at least it solved the problem for me because I knew I was following the guide correctly.

• Like 4

On 1-12-2021 at 2:57 AM, whittle181 said:

Well... I found out the problem on my map. Turns out the trophy is achievable but is also glitched so I guess we were both right.
Using the admin guide on this site I followed the map to a tee. I made no mistakes in visiting locations and didn't miss any out as stated in the guide. The only problem is is that there's a mistake in the map provided on the guide found here:  https://imgur.com/a/01yXva6
In the middle of the map there is a location with a big red cross in it saying the player does not need to explore this location for it to count. I can confirm that this was the last discoverable location for me and was what got the trophy to pop after hours of running around the map. I do however believe that the location is 'glitched' as there are reports of other players who didn't need to discover it but still attained the trophy. Strange one, but at least it solved the problem for me because I knew I was following the guide correctly.

Maybe there was some update that changed it? Just as the 'Outsiders' trophy can no longer be gotten by just spawning a certain NPC with the admin panel?

For me it's my last trophy but that's for another evening :)

• Like 1

On 1.12.2021 at 2:57 AM, whittle181 said:

https://imgur.com/a/01yXva6
In the middle of the map there is a location with a big red cross in it saying the player does not need to explore this location for it to count. I can confirm that this was the last discoverable location for me and was what got the trophy to pop after hours of running around the map.

Same here, visited everything else and didn't get the trophy. Then I remembered this, teleported to said location, got the "Journey step complete" notification on screen and the trophy shortly afterwards.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1.12.2021 at 2:57 AM, whittle181 said:

I can confirm that this was my last location too, to unlock the trophy.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am honestly believing this is glitched bad.

I’ve done em this twice today. Same result both times.

I followed the map to the T, even found the extra tower and vault.

after getting them all, I get the “journey complete” pop up in game for discovering all areas.

……

but no trophy to follow it.

any ideas?!

On 5.3.2023 at 5:45 AM, II_uAngryBro_II said:

I am honestly believing this is glitched bad.

I’ve done em this twice today. Same result both times.

I followed the map to the T, even found the extra tower and vault.

after getting them all, I get the “journey complete” pop up in game for discovering all areas.

……

but no trophy to follow it.

any ideas?!

I have just started doing the locations, will it reset if I go out of the server/lobby/whatever?

7 hours ago, servus99 said:

I have just started doing the locations, will it reset if I go out of the server/lobby/whatever?

it saves. You’ll be able to continue and pick up where ya left off…

I havnt gotten the strength yet to do this a third time…I’m try playing on my ps4 and hopefully it pops…

21 hours ago, II_uAngryBro_II said:

it saves. You’ll be able to continue and pick up where ya left off…

I havnt gotten the strength yet to do this a third time…I’m try playing on my ps4 and hopefully it pops…

Thanks for responding, I already did it 1 hour after making the post.
Worked on ps5. Check my post here, it will help you! 

Make sure to check the 3 spots I mention in the post.

- above dusky inlet

- X on that one guys map

- Cracked vault