Investing in the Future trophy with new upgrade system

DRMOGUERA

On 11/1/2022 at 3:25 AM, soliunasm said:

Go to this exact post.

I just

1. Backed up my save files and then deleted them off my machine.
  2. Started up Charles.
  3. Used ipconfig to find my local IP.
  4. Had my PS4 go through the steps to connect via the proxy and made sure it worked and allowed it through Charles.
    • It asks you if you want to allow it once you try to connect to it the first time. Once you do it'll let your PS4 through after that.
  5. Uninstalled the game.
  6. Stuck the disk in and allowed it to begin downloading the latest patch.
  7. Found the .json because Charles shows current incoming urls in flashing yellow.
  8. Once I found the .json I paused the patch.
  9. Followed the steps to map the remote URL to it.
  10. Deleted the patch off the PS4 and manually "Check for update" on the game.
  11. Saw the patch was 10GB indicating I did it properly.
    • It will still say the patch is 1.57 but it's not, pay attention to the filesize. Charles will also show 1.03 in the URL and it will constantly download it while the 1.57 urls will have giant red Xs on them in Charles.
  12. After 30 minutes the free trial of Charles times out and will error out your PS4 download so I closed Charles, opened it back up, and once it was up resumed downloading.
  13. The second time it timed out it just kept downloading the patch normally instead of erroring out and didn't bump it up to 1.57 so it was all gravy but I restarted Charles and paused the patch anyway just to make sure it kept denying the 1.57.
  14. Once completed I turned off the internet through settings.

After that just do the campaign until you unlock the Hulk. Mash O through every cutscene you can and rush through everything. Hulk will forcibly gain an uncommon fist equip and enough Nanites to upgrade it, it'll force you to upgrade it once, then you just kill stuff and explore for strongboxes or material boxes to break and upgrade it two more times. Took me less than two hours after getting the patch downloaded.

Got trophy few minutes ago.

Thanks mate. This method works like a charm!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2022 at 9:25 PM, soliunasm said:

Go to this exact post.

I just

1. Backed up my save files and then deleted them off my machine.
  2. Started up Charles.
  3. Used ipconfig to find my local IP.
  4. Had my PS4 go through the steps to connect via the proxy and made sure it worked and allowed it through Charles.
    • It asks you if you want to allow it once you try to connect to it the first time. Once you do it'll let your PS4 through after that.
  5. Uninstalled the game.
  6. Stuck the disk in and allowed it to begin downloading the latest patch.
  7. Found the .json because Charles shows current incoming urls in flashing yellow.
  8. Once I found the .json I paused the patch.
  9. Followed the steps to map the remote URL to it.
  10. Deleted the patch off the PS4 and manually "Check for update" on the game.
  11. Saw the patch was 10GB indicating I did it properly.
    • It will still say the patch is 1.57 but it's not, pay attention to the filesize. Charles will also show 1.03 in the URL and it will constantly download it while the 1.57 urls will have giant red Xs on them in Charles.
  12. After 30 minutes the free trial of Charles times out and will error out your PS4 download so I closed Charles, opened it back up, and once it was up resumed downloading.
  13. The second time it timed out it just kept downloading the patch normally instead of erroring out and didn't bump it up to 1.57 so it was all gravy but I restarted Charles and paused the patch anyway just to make sure it kept denying the 1.57.
  14. Once completed I turned off the internet through settings.

After that just do the campaign until you unlock the Hulk. Mash O through every cutscene you can and rush through everything. Hulk will forcibly gain an uncommon fist equip and enough Nanites to upgrade it, it'll force you to upgrade it once, then you just kill stuff and explore for strongboxes or material boxes to break and upgrade it two more times. Took me less than two hours after getting the patch downloaded.

Im trying this now.  Set up ther Charles proxy successfully.  Deleted the game.  However when installing the game, its copying the contents of the disc to the PS5, but it doesnt fine any updates.  I get a an error when I manually try to update.

I tested it when I took off the proxy and it was able to detect the update, but when I put the proxy back on, it failed. 

Any ideas?

On 2/23/2022 at 10:21 AM, rk325 said:

Im trying this now.  Set up ther Charles proxy successfully.  Deleted the game.  However when installing the game, its copying the contents of the disc to the PS5, but it doesnt fine any updates.  I get a an error when I manually try to update.

I tested it when I took off the proxy and it was able to detect the update, but when I put the proxy back on, it failed. 

Any ideas?

I was doing this on a PS4, not the PS4 version on a PS5 so maybe the instructions are different for that. People on page 2 were discussing this very topic so maybe look there?

On 12/23/2021 at 7:30 PM, dakk55 said:

I was able to pop the trophy on a fresh campaign by deleting the updates and forcing the game to download the 1.03 Update instead of the giant 1.56 Update.

I used the method described in this thread on the Mad Max forums  [Fixed in v1.06] [Guide] Getting platinum after the v1.05 fiasco.

I was able to map the update request from the 1.56 to 1.03 version and was able to play the game offline after downloading the 10GB patch.

Also, if you need the update address for the Map To part.

US Region

EU Region

AS Region

JP Region

And yes, the thread also has a link to a Reddit post that uses the same method with a digital version too, but I have not done that method. I only used the Disc version + 1.03 Patch.

I've been trying to follow this guide since yesterday with no luck. I follow all of the steps up through the Map to/from section but Charles (in Windows 10) just has a stop sign symbol next to the patch no matter what I do. At best I can get it to try to execute the code where it should replace the version 1.60 update file with the 1.03 but somehow I just end up with an error on the system when looking for any update file. 

Also I've attempted this on both a PS4 and PS5 with the PS4 disc version and they end with the same result. 

I had trouble at first then I downgraded Charles it'll initially give you the option for the newest version but also ask. You would rather use the previous version definitely use thee previous version the new one I think is version 4? You want eversion 3 

I initially had version 4 but t wouldn't work like instructed but version 3 of Charles works exactly as instructed on here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Venomocity8 said:

I've been trying to follow this guide since yesterday with no luck. I follow all of the steps up through the Map to/from section but Charles (in Windows 10) just has a stop sign symbol next to the patch no matter what I do. At best I can get it to try to execute the code where it should replace the version 1.60 update file with the 1.03 but somehow I just end up with an error on the system when looking for any update file. 

Also I've attempted this on both a PS4 and PS5 with the PS4 disc version and they end with the same result. 

As mentioned in @Taliesin_2943's post above, use version 3 of Charles Proxy.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

thanks for your support.

I'm trying to do this procedure but i'm having some problems in finding .JSON on Charles.

I waited for some minutes, downloading the 1.60 version.

Maybe i have to wait longer until i can find this JSON ? After some gbs?

Thanks

54 minutes ago, superpixus said:

Hi everyone,

thanks for your support.

I'm trying to do this procedure but i'm having some problems in finding .JSON on Charles.

I waited for some minutes, downloading the 1.60 version.

Maybe i have to wait longer until i can find this JSON ? After some gbs?

Thanks

Nope, the JSON is download before the patch. It tells PS4 information about the patch itself, how many parts, exact size etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Nope, the JSON is download before the patch. It tells PS4 information about the patch itself, how many parts, exact size etc.

Thanks.

Actually i've physical Ps4 installed, nothing more, still no updates.

So, now that i already started this download... have i to do in this way?

Please, correct me if i'm wrong.

1. Cancel and delete actually started download.

2. Reopen Charles

3. Check for updates for the game so i could see the JSON as one of the firsts requests arriving

Am i right?
Once found the json request, is there a way to set a permanent map on Charles, so it will be already routed for next tries?

Thank you so much for your help

("newbie" text near my name, you could forgive me if i ask simple questions :) )

Edited by superpixus

6 minutes ago, superpixus said:

Once found the json request, is there a way to set a permanent map on Charles, so it will be already routed for next tries?

The steps you listed above look correct to me.

Once you set the mapping, it's active even after you restart Charles. You can manage all your mappings via top bar menu: Tools > Map Remote.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Once you set the mapping, it's active even after you restart Charles. You can manage all your mappings via top bar menu: Tools > Map Remote.

Thank you so much, HusKy.
I'll try as soon as possible!

On 11/3/2022 at 4:58 PM, HusKy said:

UPDATE:

doing in this way, it seems i'm downloading the 10GB update, as someone already said, so it should be the right one.
I'll let know once finished and obtained.

Have a nice weekend to everyone.

UPDATE 2:
it worked correctly. I can now play with 1.03 version.
Unlucky had just a little time to proceed, but i'll go on this evening to easily reach the trophy.
Thanks to everyone.

UPDATE 3 (the last one):
This solution WORKED perfectly. I got the trophy during the mission with Kamala and Hulk, so very early in the game (1 or 2 hours from the beginning, skipping scenes).

Edited by superpixus
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 5:25 AM, superpixus said:

UPDATE 3 (the last one):
This solution WORKED perfectly. I got the trophy during the mission with Kamala and Hulk, so very early in the game (1 or 2 hours from the beginning, skipping scenes).

Did you downgrade to Charles version 3?

When I activate the proxy it always gives an error and I can't connect the PS4 to the internet. Anyone else had this same problem?

How did you manage to solve it?

I tried everything, downgrade Charles, another PC, but nothing worked.

Someone help me please

On 3/25/2022 at 11:41 AM, MarcosDyo said:

When I activate the proxy it always gives an error and I can't connect the PS4 to the internet. Anyone else had this same problem?

How did you manage to solve it?

I tried everything, downgrade Charles, another PC, but nothing worked.

Someone help me please

I had the issue where I couldn't download the update patches, even though it says I was connected to the internet and PSN.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 6:08 PM, Thomas2400 said:

I have another question about this trophy turns out I played a few hours of the PS4 version before the PS5 upgrade was released when it first came out and totally forgot about it and I have this trophy on the PS4 trophy list, I also have both my PS4 and PS5 save data on the same PS5 console 

My question is if I saved my PS5 save data to a memory stick, then deleted it from the console would I be able to load the PS4 save in the PS5 version and auto pop the trophy, then delete my PS4 save and reload my current PS5 save and carry on from where I am 

Edit: just realised to option to save to USB is only available for PS4 games 

Edit 2: I've got the trophy using save migration and kept my PS5 save, was so worried I'd end up saving over it with a PS4 save with barely any progress 

Hi! I have a question for the cross-saving, I’ve already achieved the trophy on PS4 version and I saved it into the PS Plus Cloud, and then I updated the game to enable the save migration, but when I start the game on PS5 I get an error that says this: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CFSdYhz9m553LJum8 

So I don’t know what to do to achieve the trophy on PS5 version, do I need to downgrade also the game version in PS5? Or how could I get this fix? 
thanks! 

Edited by lordjos_

19 hours ago, lordjos_ said:

Hi! I have a question for the cross-saving, I’ve already achieved the trophy on PS4 version and I saved it into the PS Plus Cloud, and then I updated the game to enable the save migration, but when I start the game on PS5 I get an error that says this: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CFSdYhz9m553LJum8 

So I don’t know what to do to achieve the trophy on PS5 version, do I need to downgrade also the game version in PS5? Or how could I get this fix? 
thanks! 

I think I had both versions on the latest version when I uploaded my data and downloaded it 

Try fully updating both and then uploading the PS4 data 

• Like 1