Collectibles question

the1andonly654

I haven't played any Lego games before so I thought I'll give it a shot. I'm literally sick of collectibles in games though and this is quite collectible heavy. So my question is - are they visible on the map? Or can I at least naturally play through the game, get most of them and easily identify which ones I've missed so I can quickly get them using a guide? Because if I have to play alongside a 2h long collectible video in order to efficiently get them all, I'll just skip the game entirely. 

There's a lot of collectibles in the Lego games but the open world ones are pretty fun. It's having to go back and replay all the missions to get all the minikit collectibles that's kind of annoying. You can't get them all your first time around since you haven't unlocked all the appropriate character powers yet to get them so you essentially have to play through the story twice. Some even have missable ones where you only get one shot at getting it and they're usually during a fast paced section so if you miss it by not jumping high enough at the right time or something, you'll miss it and have to re-do the whole level. At least the newer Lego games have checkpoints, the older ones didn't though and it can be frustrating because the controls and camera are wonky sometimes. The games are like 75% collectibles so if you don't like collectibles yeah, I would skip it. They're all easy platinums though, just very time-consuming. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

There's a lot of collectibles in the Lego games but the open world ones are pretty fun. It's having to go back and replay all the missions to get all the minikit collectibles that's kind of annoying. You can't get them all your first time around since you haven't unlocked all the appropriate character powers yet to get them so you essentially have to play through the story twice. Some even have missable ones where you only get one shot at getting it and they're usually during a fast paced section so if you miss it by not jumping high enough at the right time or something, you'll miss it and have to re-do the whole level. At least the newer Lego games have checkpoints, the older ones didn't though and it can be frustrating because the controls and camera are wonky sometimes. The games are like 75% collectibles so if you don't like collectibles yeah, I would skip it. They're all easy platinums though, just very time-consuming. 

Now I'll just skip the entire series haha. I'll probably try it on an alternate account since it's in plus but yeah, it's definitely not for me. Thanks!

Can anyone actually tell me since the levels are divided into chapters if i can just get everything in free play if i just can get everything in that chapter and then load the next chapter in the level or if i need to redo the whole level for it to count? do i need to get to the end screen for the collectables to count? or can i just quit after i get everything in the level?

16 minutes ago, blazkowicz6 said:

You have to replay all chapters to get collectables. I think you could save and exit when you have them all in a chapter and save some time. 

That's what i wanted to know if i can exit, because i had fun my first time playing the levels, but playing every level again until the end its gonna be a bit boring.

On 2021-12-18 at 6:42 AM, the1andonly654 said:

Now I'll just skip the entire series haha. I'll probably try it on an alternate account since it's in plus but yeah, it's definitely not for me. Thanks!

This is a good idea - try it on an alt account first and get a feel for it, before you decide to write it off forever. ?

While LEGO games are very collectible heavy, they’re usually quite fun. I’ve only played one so far (Ninjago), which was another open world game, and from what I remember I was able to collect like 95% of them on my own without the assistance of a guide so it really wasn’t too bad at all. Just put on some music on Spotify, or a Netflix series I’m the background or some shit, and get collecting!

The reason I would encourage to give it a shot is because I am actually just like you in that I absolutely cannot stand games where you have to be glued to a video guide for like 3 hours. The LEGO games are pretty fun, and if you can find them easily at your own pace and without the assistance of a guide, you might actually enjoy this one, like I did with the LEGO Ninjago game I played (that one was a surprise). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

This is a good idea - try it on an alt account first and get a feel for it, before you decide to write it off forever. 1f642.png

While LEGO games are very collectible heavy, they’re usually quite fun. I’ve only played one so far (Ninjago), which was another open world game, and from what I remember I was able to collect like 95% of them on my own without the assistance of a guide so it really wasn’t too bad at all. Just put on some music on Spotify, or a Netflix series I’m the background or some shit, and get collecting!

The reason I would encourage to give it a shot is because I am actually just like you in that I absolutely cannot stand games where you have to be glued to a video guide for like 3 hours. The LEGO games are pretty fun, and if you can find them easily at your own pace and without the assistance of a guide, you might actually enjoy this one, like I did with the LEGO Ninjago game I played (that one was a surprise). 

That's why I wanted to try the series, it actually looks fun.  Not overly serious, just... Fun. And sure, it might get boring before it's over, but that's fine. Add a billion collectibles to it... Hell no. The trophy collector (I won't say trophy hunter, given the crap I've played haha) in me won't allow it, for some idiotic reason.

I've downloaded it and will try it on an alt tomorrow or the day after. If I'm into it I'll get the season pass since it's dirt cheap now. But most likely I'll just play on an alt until it's get boring and move on. Like people did when there were no trophies ? 

Isn't Ninjago on PS NOW? I vaguely remember some Lego game being on it. Seems like it's a better introduction to the series for the collectible hating crowd than Super Villains, so maybe I should give this one a chance instead. 

On 19/12/2021 at 11:22 PM, the1andonly654 said:

That's why I wanted to try the series, it actually looks fun.  Not overly serious, just... Fun. And sure, it might get boring before it's over, but that's fine. Add a billion collectibles to it... Hell no. The trophy collector (I won't say trophy hunter, given the crap I've played haha) in me won't allow it, for some idiotic reason.

I've downloaded it and will try it on an alt tomorrow or the day after. If I'm into it I'll get the season pass since it's dirt cheap now. But most likely I'll just play on an alt until it's get boring and move on. Like people did when there were no trophies 1f642.png 

Isn't Ninjago on PS NOW? I vaguely remember some Lego game being on it. Seems like it's a better introduction to the series for the collectible hating crowd than Super Villains, so maybe I should give this one a chance instead. 

This game isn’t as big as marvel Lego 2 of undercover city. I think city had 450 gold bricks to collect! Both games took me about 60-80 hours to 100%! This game should be about 40 including the DLC

Can someone explain to me which characters i have to buy to be able to get all collectibles in the missions and open world. I see they all costs a fair bit and i don't want to waste studs on useless characters. My first Lego game so i have no clue about anything. Unfortunately the guide on here kinda expect you to know a little about Lego games.

11 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Can someone explain to me which characters i have to buy to be able to get all collectibles in the missions and open world. I see they all costs a fair bit and i don't want to waste studs on useless characters. My first Lego game so i have no clue about anything. Unfortunately the guide on here kinda expect you to know a little about Lego games.

When you finish the story you'll have everything you need. In other Lego games there are certain characters with abilities required for free play that you must buy but not in this one.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I have yet to play this Lego game, but I have played a few others, and Red Bricks are the name of the game when it comes to getting studs to buy everything.  Get the stud multiplier bricks (they stack, so if you have 2x and 4x, you get an 8x multiplier, if you get all 5, you have a 3840x multiplier!) and you'll be able to buy everything you need just from running around the Hub getting collectibles you missed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Can anyone confirm 100% that you can save & exit after getting all collectibles in a level and reaching the stud requirement?

The exception is some of the DLC levels needed to be completed after fulfilling the requirements, collectibles and studs come to mind. 

Edited by Phrikus
  • Like 1