Easy Ethereal Queen Guide (Lymle's EQ in under 10mins Battle Trophy)!

Before you enter the Wandering Dungeon, make sure you have the following:

-20 Resurrection Units (ITEM CREATION - Compounding w/Myuria)

(S. Lv 8, Cook 10, Alch 5, Comp 16, Sense 8

Fresh Sage x2, Ripe Berries x2, Universal Device x1)

-20 Fainting Potions (ITEM CREATION - Compounding w/Myuria or Bought on En II)

(S. Lv 3, Alch 2, Comp 9

Empty Bottle x1, Ginseng x1, Poison Hemlock x1)

-General healing items.

-Arumat's Dragon Roar

-Arumat's BEAT-B maxed at 20

-Skill usage on L1-R1 instead of L2-R2. This is optional, but the PS3 triggers are balls, so I've always mapped them to L1 and R1. Makes spamming much easier and more comfortable.

Your levels don't matter much. I'd say 150+, though it's so incredibly easy to level in end-game that there's really no reason for you not to be 200. (or 255, depending on your BT progress) Having 70,000+ HP with Arumat helps, though this isn't that hard to achieve. I didn't have any special equipment, no synthed crap, nothing. Just powerful weapons with good armor, and everyone was wearing a tri-emblem bought from Santa's secret shop in the Wandering Dungeon (he is generated randomly on a floor starting from 10+) To be on the safe side, I gave everyone a Sacrificial Doll, just in case. (you really don't want 20 floors of progress to shit on you) Put Arumat's BEAT on B. Every character was at level 175-205, with Arumat being 217.

Start the EQ battle, and put all characters on Manual. Now put them all in a separate corner, and tell them to stay put and just look pretty (keep them on manual). Make sure EQ targets someone besides Arumat, and let her go to said target's corner. At this point, when you see her move to her chosen target/corner, switch to that character and attack. When EQ goes into RUSH mode (she'll start glowing and her rush gauge will continuously go up) use a Fainting Potion on said target. This will cause that target to go into some kind of sleep/stun mode, but will be invincible to all attacks for 60 seconds. Time for the cheapies!

EQ fails to notice this, and will just stand in the corner continuously trying to attack the immortal character doing exactly 0 damage. She doesn't change targets, and even if she did you could just rinse and repeat. With Arumat's Beat-B, your Rush gauge should be full in a matter of 2 Dragon Roars. Don't use a Rush Combo, but just engage in Rush mode. With Beat-B at max, this rush mode will now never expire as long as you keep spamming moves.

Every 45-50 seconds or so, I'd re-apply the Fainting potion. You do not want this to expire, because then said target will most likely kick the bucket. Keep the Fainting Potion up, and just spam Dragon Roar over and over and over. Because you're constantly in Rush mode, you will spam it faster, and you won't be knocked back by the AoE's of EQ so your combo remains uninterrupted. My Dragon Roars were nothing special (I had no ultimate equipment or anything), but they did about 20k-25k per hit, accumulating to about 125k per Dragon Roar. You will be able to spam this continuously without interruption, so she'll collapse in a matter of minutes.

The only thing that can kill Arumat is the Super Nova. However, your immortal character won't feel a thing, and because EQ is all the way in a corner trying her best to damage said Highlander, the Super Nova won't be able to reach the other characters in the other corners, rendering you safe from Game Over even if the shit were to hit the fan. Just revive Arumat, unless you managed to cancel her attack. For some reason, in all my fights with her, EQ never changes targets until said target is dead, so she'll just stand there continuously pounding the immortal dummy.

This tactic gives you around 15-18 minutes of immortality, and 15-18 minutes to rag on her. This should be MORE than enough, as I've killed her numerous times now. Almost guaranteed victory.

This is the EASIEST way to get Lymle's BT for killing EQ in under 10 mins! When U think EQ is almost dead switch to Lymle and spam ranged attack combos if possible!

I did this on my Universe play through with EQ being in her 2 wing (easiest) form. It took me 6-7mins the first time. Earth difficulty will be easier! My party was Arumat, Edge, Reimi and Lymle for BT trophy but Sarah is better for the fight!

Edited by Wojo77

This battle trophy was the bane of my existence! Tried this strategy a few times but it never worked for me

The first couple times I messed up too. I kept hitting her with my Dragon Roar BEFORE she went all nuts in Rush mode and she would just go after Arumat until he died. Make sure she is in Rush mode first then u shouldn't have any problems.

The first couple times I messed up too. I kept hitting her with my Dragon Roar BEFORE she went all nuts in Rush mode and she would just go after Arumat until he died. Make sure she is in Rush mode first then u shouldn't have any problems.

I got it a few months ago, when I was trying to use this strategy she wouldnt keep attacking the person with the fainting potion for some reason

It won't be that hard if there was a save point before fighting the Queen  :shakefist:  The most annoying part is getting to the 20th floor after 3-4 hours of grind knowing that you may fail the battle trophy requirements.

Got that right! First 2 times through I got my ass kicked by EQ so that sucked, then, on my 3rd time through I found Santa on floor 17 dammit!!! Bought what I could and left to save! Finally got her on my 4th attempt! This might be the ultimate GRINDING trophy cause it's not accumulative, u fail, u start over from scratch (on the EQ run)!!!

This is the EASIEST way to get Lymle's BT for killing EQ in under 10 mins! When U think EQ is almost dead switch to Lymle and spam ranged attack combos if possible!

It is good indeed but I never could really use those Potion tactics. Still cool from you to write it down.

This is from me and even easier. You don't even need Arumat and it was for Earth:

Hopefully the below mentioned information will help some:

Use Otherwordly Cuisines for Sarah and Lym and start the battle. After about  2 minutes with "Switch + Skill for all (Serah has none so she ignores this) in seconds" she will be almost defeated with 2 wings. I could not believe it. I could not even use Lym and against 4 wings Reimi did the finishing blow because I forgot to put her on Manual again. I did it right after the third time faced her again with 2 wings.

Step 1: Go into a corner with Sarah

Step 2: Use the above mentioned technique about 1:50 minutes

Step 3: Put the attackers on Manual and use Lymle

Equipment could be better but is almost perfect anyway, except not using Absolute Protectors, Trident Harpoon and such. I got them afterwards but they are not even necessary for her.

Edgie

Attack: Raging Strike

LV: 255

HP: ~97000

Weapon: Imperial Sword, Crit Up, Crit Up, Stat Up, Stat Up

Armor: God of Hellfire, HP Up, Def Up, Stat Up, Nullfy HP damage

Neck: Green Talisman, Anti Stun, Anti Void, Fury Survival, Def Up

Wrist: Super Tri-Emblum, Hit Up, Anti Paralysis, Fury Plus, MP Cost Minus

Rei Rei

Attack: Savage Sparrows

HP: ~90000

Weapon: Mediumistic Bow, Crit Up, Crit Up, Stat Up, Stat Up

Armor: Laser Suit, HP Up, Def Up, Def Up, Nullfy HP damage

Merry

Attack: X-Claw

HP: ~ 94000

Weapon: Laser Weapon, Crit Up, Stat Up, Stat Up, Stat Up

Sarry

HP: ~88000

Weapon: Laser Weapon, Stat Up, Stat Up, Stat Up, Stat Up

Neck: Green Talisman, Anti Void, Anti Silence, Fury Survival, Def Up

Lym

Attack: Tornado & Hound Grenade

HP: ~67000

Weapon: Laser Weapon, Stat Up, Stat Up, Stat Up, Stat Up

Neck: Green Talisman, Anti Void, Anti Silence, Fury Survivial, Def Up

Edited by Cetra29

• 3 months later...

It won't be that hard if there was a save point before fighting the Queen  :shakefist:  The most annoying part is getting to the 20th floor after 3-4 hours of grind knowing that you may fail the battle trophy requirements.

You are right, a save point before the queen would helped a lot.........

• 2 months later...

I mainly used Edge to do the damage when fighting her on Earth difficulty. It was easier for me to roughly keep tabs with the 99,999 hp dmg jump move before I switched to Lymle than any other tactic I tried previously when fighting this bitch.

• 10 months later...

Holy Crap Wojo77 How did you platinum Star Ocean in 2 weeks and 6 days, that's incredibly fast.

Planning must have been flawless because getting SO4 platinum in 20 days you need at least 17 hours per day to get all the battle trophies done.

Planning must have been flawless because getting SO4 platinum in 20 days you need at least 17 hours per day to get all the battle trophies done.

He go the worlds biggest welch fan before killing EQ :huh: , don't you need here feathers for the last few items - Ancient Sage's Wand and the Rumble Claws plus you get the Recipe called the Valkyrie Garb from her too.

He go the worlds biggest welch fan before killing EQ :huh: , don't you need here feathers for the last few items - Ancient Sage's Wand and the Rumble Claws plus you get the Recipe called the Valkyrie Garb from her too.

Yeah you are right about the dates. Just cheked his trophies and he got the Welch fan before killing the Queen. But why would he start a thread like this if he hacked the platinum?  :unsure:

You need 5 feathers from each of the Ethereal Queen and Gabriel Celeste to finish up all of Welch's crafting in one cycle.  And that means you have to beat each of them five times because you can't duplicate them by other methods.

Yeah you are right about the dates. Just cheked his trophies and he got the Welch fan before killing the Queen. But why would he start a thread like this if he hacked the platinum?  :unsure:

You'd be surprised just how many people have done this sort of thing.  Or complained that they're being reported as cheaters and hackers for one particular title, leading others to comb through their trophy results and finding other obviously hacked titles.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, as an FYI, his method for EQ isn't quite right. EQ won't beat on a single character unless she's in rush mode. This is useful at the end of the battle when her rush mode is permanent. But in the middle of the battle (when she is most dangerous), she'll still happily use Supernova, rather than beating on a single chatacter.

According to this https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/12328-have-u-ever-experienced-good-glitches/, the out of order trophies is due to a glitch?

Maybe. awfully convenient. There's no reason your save files would be changed by a freeze at the end of battle (which, for you guys playing, is very common in the Wandering Dungeon).

It's the only time I've ever heard of this glitch. It was reported by the same guy who managed to beat the game in 20 days (and note - even if thus glitch occurred, it would cut playtime by, at most, 10 hours or so). Just sayin'...

Edited by starcrunch061

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...