Ultramarathon glitched?

Riv1404

31 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

You won't get it naturally with a 2nd playthrough either, you'll still have to rubberband for 25-30 hours or so on top of whatever you accumulated in your 2 playthrough's. That 2nd playthrough cuts down your rubberbanding time by like 5-10 hours, something like that, but that 2nd playthrough will also take you like 10-15 hours to do minimum so you don't end up really saving any time. No matter how you do it, you're going to have to rubberband for a long time regardless. 

What a stupid trophy, I have no idea what the heck they where thinking.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 8:31 AM, Shorah- said:

Same. It's very inconsistent in my opinion. I thought i would just run around the first city, grinding marathon, to find some survivors and it never happened.

If i play normally in the main city, i feel like i have more encounters.

Also i've done everything in the game in around 50h so i might have to rubberband for a really long time. 

And i'm still missing 2 parkour points and 3 combats. If someone has a good strategy to farm xp, i'm all ears

So I have no idea what they were thinking because it seems that not even two playthroughs is enough to make this trophy pop, makes me wonder if they werent tryin to do a all endings trophy either way the distance is ridiculous and way the gliders dont count ill never understand.

10 hours ago, Anke said:

Finally popped after 54 hours of rubber-banding.

If there is a more stupid trophy than this all year I'll be stunned.

They really should fix the distance required they knew the grind this trophy was gonna be because they touted the whole 200-500 hours to comlete crap, but failed to mention the game currently doesnt even have that much content to make getting this trophy possible without atleast 3 playthroughs and people who dont want to rubber band will either have to do multiple playthroughs or wait until june for 1st story dlc.

Edited by bryanr1213
  • Like 1

What a stupid trophy. Just got it. Took me a combined 150 hours, where around 15 was what I would call deliberate running (avoided using the glider or fast travel toward the end of my playtime, hoping this BS would pop naturally) and then about 15-20 hours rubber-banding. I have no idea what Techland were thinking with this one. Glad it’s over.. 

2 hours ago, JEDLander said:

What a stupid trophy. Just got it. Took me a combined 150 hours, where around 15 was what I would call deliberate running (avoided using the glider or fast travel toward the end of my playtime, hoping this BS would pop naturally) and then about 15-20 hours rubber-banding. I have no idea what Techland were thinking with this one. Glad it’s over.. 

Last time I checked i Was 84 hours in and everything is done, I dont understand why a game that is so dependent on parkour has a trophy that legitimally doesnt count while using parkour, only running around in a circle will pop the trophy, such a stupid design last time a trophy this stupidly designed (watch dogs social lubricant) they fixed it and made it right,

• Like 1

throwing my two cents. I did it in the metro station under fish eye bar, no pauses even with online on, I had 150 hours of playtime and had to rubber-band the control for about another 12 hours to get the trophy to pop and did all my playthrough running, doing parkour challenges, not using fast points, even going from one side to the other of the map doing quests and to rack up the mileage, so be patient, I don't think its bugged just a shitty attempt from the developers to artificially increase the playtime by having your character run like an idiot for several hours.

17 hours ago, bryanr1213 said:

Last time I checked i Was 84 hours in and everything is done, I dont understand why a game that is so dependent on parkour has a trophy that legitimally doesnt count while using parkour, only running around in a circle will pop the trophy, such a stupid design last time a trophy this stupidly designed (watch dogs social lubricant) they fixed it and made it right,

All distance traveled counts except when you fast travel. Using other devices like the paraglider and broom DO count as well as other general forms of parkouring like wall running and climbing ladders, it all does count, it just takes an absurd amount of time if you were to do it naturally which is why some are misinformed in saying some forms of traveling don't count, that is not true. Only fast traveling has been confirmed to not count. All other forms of traveling do however. 

The reason running in circles is what most resort to for this trophy is because it is the fastest and most efficient way to get it as of now and it's AFK so you can just leave the game on and forget it until it eventually pops which you can't do with the broom method, for example, which still requires you to control it and land occasionally because it drains your stamina. I don't believe you move that much faster on the broom anyway compared to running so it's not recommended but it can be done if you so choose which I don't know why anybody would. 30+ hours of mindlessly flying back and forth on the map is no fun at all, at least with the rubberband AFK method, you don't have to actually play the game to accumulate the distance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mega-tallica said:

All distance traveled counts except when you fast travel. Using other devices like the paraglider and broom DO count as well as other general forms of parkouring like wall running and climbing ladders, it all does count, it just takes an absurd amount of time if you were to do it naturally which is why some are misinformed in saying some forms of traveling don't count, that is not true. Only fast traveling has been confirmed to not count. All other forms of traveling do however. 

The reason running in circles is what most resort to for this trophy is because it is the fastest and most efficient way to get it as of now and it's AFK so you can just leave the game on and forget it until it eventually pops which you can't do with the broom method, for example, which still requires you to control it and land occasionally because it drains your stamina. I don't believe you move that much faster on the broom anyway compared to running so it's not recommended but it can be done if you so choose which I don't know why anybody would. 30+ hours of mindlessly flying back and forth on the map is no fun at all, at least with the rubberband AFK method, you don't have to actually play the game to accumulate the distance. 

I just started the rubberband method at around 96 hours in hopefully it doesnt take 20 hours for me

On 3/31/2022 at 11:53 AM, nickr_ said:

So it didn't take you 20 hours after all 

Yeah popped 10 minutes before I woke up, I did alot of running around during the night runner trials and trying to get survivors to spawn so that cut down on my time a little.

Are we sure ultramarathon isnt bugged? How can some people have the platinum in less than 100 hours, some a little over a 100 hours and in worst cases 200+ hours…?

Even if you paraglided, ziplines, fast traveled for lets say 50 hours in a 200 hour playthrough, and another 50 hours were spent on cutscenes, standing still, talking etc youd still have 100 hours to get the trophy. So what gives? It doesnt make any sense.

It's so demotivating i'm currently 40h in rubberbanding and the trophy still has not popped for me.

It makes me think that using the broom doesnt count towards it.

I think this is personally one of the WORST trophy's i've encountered trough the whole platting videogames journey.

• Like 1

Just got the trophy after about 38h of rubberbanding. 

42 minutes ago, Jason-DFG said:

It's so demotivating i'm currently 40h in rubberbanding and the trophy still has not popped for me.

It makes me think that using the broom doesnt count towards it.

I think this is personally one of the WORST trophy's i've encountered trough the whole platting videogames journey.

Totally agree on that, there are alot of tedious trophies i got, but this game in general felt bad trophywise. Missible collectables, ALOT of collectables, bugged sidequests with collectables. Decisions that block collectables, decisions that block trophies. 

And on top of that, afk rubberbanding for 2 days straight. Im glad the journey is over and i think my savefile is barely holding it together with all the bugs in the game. At the end i couldnt even go to bed anymore and the day/night cycle was broken. Tried to fix it but not successfully. 

To come back to the topic, the math suggests that you should have it guaranteed after 44,4h or 44h ~30mins.

and yes, i completed the story, every side quest, got all collectables and every other trophy before rubberbanding and still had to do it for almost 40h.

3 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Are we sure ultramarathon isnt bugged? How can some people have the platinum in less than 100 hours, some a little over a 100 hours and in worst cases 200+ hours…?

Even if you paraglided, ziplines, fast traveled for lets say 50 hours in a 200 hour playthrough, and another 50 hours were spent on cutscenes, standing still, talking etc youd still have 100 hours to get the trophy. So what gives? It doesnt make any sense.

More details would be necessary on how people actually played the game. Just because you've got a save file with 200 hours on it doesn't necessarily mean you were travelling a whole lot during that time. Especially after 100%'ing the game, there's really nothing that warrants travelling much at that point and and unless you're intentionally trying to increase your travel distance, you're really not going to add much distance to your total after completing the game, especially the main story as that's where the majority of your distance accumulates naturally. 200 hours on a game like this probably means you either tried to go for all the collectibles without a guide (like many of the early platinum earners did and they spent 200+ hours just searching for the collectibles) or you spent a significant amount of time messing around that ultimately didn't add much to your distance total.

If you're being as efficient as possible with regards to trophies, you should be able to get the platinum in around 80 hours if you take advantage of all exploits and don't miss anything or run into any bug that requires you to get a collectible in somebody else's game or something. Regardless, you're going to have to spend a good amount of time rubberbanding and the time it takes varies depending on how you played the game. Some people get it in as little as 20 hours, sometimes even less, for others it takes over 40 hours. If you're in that window and still haven't gotten it, keep going, it's going to pop at any moment. It's hard to predict when so you just have to keep doing it until it does. I wouldn't worry unless you're getting around 45 hours into rubberbanding and it still hasn't popped, then something is surely wrong as mathematically that is impossible even if you started with zero distance. 

7 hours ago, xXNanaki24Xx said:

Just got the trophy after about 38h of rubberbanding. 

Totally agree on that, there are alot of tedious trophies i got, but this game in general felt bad trophywise. Missible collectables, ALOT of collectables, bugged sidequests with collectables. Decisions that block collectables, decisions that block trophies. 

And on top of that, afk rubberbanding for 2 days straight. Im glad the journey is over and i think my savefile is barely holding it together with all the bugs in the game. At the end i couldnt even go to bed anymore and the day/night cycle was broken. Tried to fix it but not successfully. 

To come back to the topic, the math suggests that you should have it guaranteed after 44,4h or 44h ~30mins.

and yes, i completed the story, every side quest, got all collectables and every other trophy before rubberbanding and still had to do it for almost 40h.

It's the fact that the company didn't think about adding a ingame tracker for stuff like that is what makes it a bad list. i could be 5 min of the trophy or i could be another 60 hours of that trophy there's no specific time stamp.

And to think i was gonna do the list twice, i ended up dropping the ps4 version about mid way trough because of the amount of bugs i was encountering.

45 minutes ago, Jason-DFG said:

It's the fact that the company didn't think about adding a ingame tracker for stuff like that is what makes it a bad list. i could be 5 min of the trophy or i could be another 60 hours of that trophy there's no specific time stamp.

And to think i was gonna do the list twice, i ended up dropping the ps4 version about mid way trough because of the amount of bugs i was encountering.

Simple answer is they under estimated,  they  didnt expect people to want to rush through and not do multiple playthroughs, problem is once you beat the story there was no reason to go back they should have shipped with a new game +, I knew as soon as they started throwing out the time to complete the game there was going to be super grindy tactics to this game.

Edited by bryanr1213

4 hours ago, bryanr1213 said:

Simple answer is they under estimated,  they  didnt expect people to want to rush through and not do multiple playthroughs, problem is once you beat the story there was no reason to go back they should have shipped with a new game +, I knew as soon as they started throwing out the time to complete the game there was going to be super grindy tactics to this game.

Dead Island, Riptide, and Dying Light 1 all tracked things like this... the devs that made Dying Light 1 had mostly left by the time of DL2 including i guess the person whos idead it was to include the trackers ingame

Anyway i popped my plat just now and i think i maybe had 220 hours in total, 40 of which were rubber banding, I used the paraglider a lot though once it was unlocked and fast travels nearly all the time so playstyle definitely would affect the time it takes, which is why one of my friends that is going for the plat isn't unlocking metro stations so he has to run more places

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 8:31 AM, Shorah- said:

Same. It's very inconsistent in my opinion. I thought i would just run around the first city, grinding marathon, to find some survivors and it never happened.

If i play normally in the main city, i feel like i have more encounters.

Also i've done everything in the game in around 50h so i might have to rubberband for a really long time. 

And i'm still missing 2 parkour points and 3 combats. If someone has a good strategy to farm xp, i'm all ears

You had pretty much the same time I did mine was 96 hours after completing everything, I only had to rubberband for 19 hours, so these people who are having to do over 200 hours either a are experiencing a tracking issue or they fast traveled alot.

Took about 104 hours to get it (80 hours of gameplay and 24 of rubberbanding). 

I only ever fast traveled once to get the trophy. 

I always used the glider whenever I could so it has to count towards the trophy.

If you’re game is pausing and you turned off online to single player, it might be that you have HDMI device link on with your TV so if you turned off your TV then the PS5 will turn off too. Change the system setting under HDMI on the PS5. 

• 2 weeks later...