Easy mode incoming

Alley_Cat_8633

8 hours ago, VibbyTheValkyrie said:

Is easy mode pretty easy or?

It's realy easy. Not hard to start stage 5 at age 20 and beat it on 20/21 tbh. At first I thought that it still might have a challange for the age 25 trophy, but afther playing more it got more and more easy. I dont minde getting the plat this way tho, I had a great time playing the game and i'm going to play normal now as wel, but without the "stress" of getting trophies, just for fun and who knows maybe I try master as wel some day.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2022 at 7:14 PM, RoxasOnFire said:

Damn, I'm surprised this thread is still a thing. Here's my take on it since it's become an opinionated outpour:

The game is fun, I enjoy it. It can be difficult at times, but thats what I expected... ☻️ I haven't tried easy mode, but I may try the harder difficulty for my second run.

Try the harder mode man, you'll how different it is. WAY harder, ennemies got somes news patterns, more aggresive, more health and deal you way more damage. Can't pass the fourth boss in this difficulty for now, it's horrible lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Naruto06660 said:

Try the harder mode man, you'll how different it is. WAY harder, ennemies got somes news patterns, more aggresive, more health and deal you way more damage. Can't pass the fourth boss in this difficulty for now, it's horrible lol

Ahhh, good to know, thanks. I expected harder hits, but a pattern swap up sounds nice.

On 5/8/2022 at 7:12 AM, ViKed_ said:

No, all chapters have their progress saved separately. For example, even if you played till 1-3 and you died during that it'll still let you access 4 and 5 through chapter select from your previous run. It'll also update chapters 1-3 if on your new attempt your age was lower than your previous attempt! 

Sifu is on my to do list in the next couple of months. If you don't mind, a question, just so I'm clear.

Does it essentially 'bank' your chapter progress - for example, if I finished Chapters 1 - 3 aged 24, but messed up Chapter 4, I could reload Chapter 4 and 'restart' at my "best age" of 24 instead of starting from scratch again? That was how I interpreted the save system to work from some research.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Sifu is on my to do list in the next couple of months. If you don't mind, a question, just so I'm clear.

Does it essentially 'bank' your chapter progress - for example, if I finished Chapters 1 - 3 aged 24, but messed up Chapter 4, I could reload Chapter 4 and 'restart' at my "best age" of 24 instead of starting from scratch again? That was how I interpreted the save system to work from some research.

Yeah this is exactly how it works

10 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Yes, that's precisely how it works.

The game is built upon improving your ability to clear a level efficiently! 

Furthermore even if you play level 1-3 again and finish at an even higher age, it won't update your save. Level select will always be at the lowest age completed. 

Also, do go for permanent unlocks as selecting and starting levels takes away the skills. 

On 12/05/2022 at 2:58 AM, RoxasOnFire said:

Ahhh, good to know, thanks. I expected harder hits, but a pattern swap up sounds nice.

You're welcome mate ! Just finished it (never saw your answer sorry) ..... In master difficulty. Such an hard task man ... I'll not attempt the trophy where you have to finish the game under 25 years old in this difficulty man, nooooooooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol. Just beating the game in this difficulty is hard enough .... Took me many days, many hours to learn the pattern of the boss and all... 

Remember the fourth boss that I couldn't pass ? Well just after I've finished the game, I made a new run just after in normal : beat the game in less than an hour or two, and I was still pretty young ...... The normal mode is like easy mode, don't even imagine and don't even want to see what the easy mode look like lol. 

The fourth boss got a new finishing attack in his 3 hits combos. Just ONE new move and it can turn the fight into a nightmare man. When will you play the game in master difficulty ? Tell me, I want your feedback too on this. Many are talking about the easy mode but almost no one talks about the hard one lol ... Good luck man, even knowing the boss and ennemies you'll have some troubles to beat the game. That's what I like with this master mode btw, it's not just "harder" (ennemies with more health, dealing more damage etc) no it's different. Not that much but the few news pattern can be a REAL pain in the ass lol. 

Tell me how it goes :) 

On 11/05/2022 at 0:06 PM, Bunkerbudy said:

It's realy easy. Not hard to start stage 5 at age 20 and beat it on 20/21 tbh. At first I thought that it still might have a challange for the age 25 trophy, but afther playing more it got more and more easy. I dont minde getting the plat this way tho, I had a great time playing the game and i'm going to play normal now as wel, but without the "stress" of getting trophies, just for fun and who knows maybe I try master as wel some day.

You should try master, you'll see the difference. More than that : you'll FEEL the difference lol. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 1:20 AM, Ozansal said:

You sound like as if they are all against about the benefits of the easy mode. What makes you think of that? Maybe the people are just basically want to argue over the trophy obtainability after the update?

In my opinion, yes, the game was ridiculously too hard to begin with, and yes, it was an annoying release without some alternative difficulty options. But that’s not the point.

That release was original despite it’s BS release and the people thought that it’s unfair for trophies when they try harder, learn the patterns of minions or bosses hours and hours, and struggle to beat’em again and again than other people even have tried before the update. The people who got it before the update were not gods and were not better than you anyway. And i personally think, when you get trophies like this, it should make you feel good. And for that, these forums like this are supposed to be a helping hand for maybe sharing some tips to others and encourage them to obtain the trophies or beat the games themselves. Not for the “meh bruh get a job” or “it just a game” or “you all are the reason why i stay away from forums” comments that people throwing away when the trophies can be obtained in easy mode after all that and other people are trying to express themselves on this subject. =)

Don’t get me wrong, i don’t feel mad about this. Because i can say that i didn’t even fully deserve my platinum before the update either. I used the save trick like many others did. And in the end, i finished it and went to other names on the list and naturally won’t play it again. And also, i’m not the type of seeking some philosophy in video games and won’t say how the games or gaming are should be. But i wanted to say, that complaints of yours is so pointless and no one is against to how you wanna play or the accesibility of the game.

For one people in this very thread are literally saying easy mode goes against the original concept of the game. They are complaining about the easy mode without even mentioning trophies. I know there are a ton of replies but give it a read and you'll see what I mean. 

Also if people were equally upset about the platinum being easier, again, who really cares? I'm not concerned with my neighbors platinum collection. I collect for my own satisfaction. I could care less about how easy other gamers platinums are. We have some people who have thousands of platinums on games that take 2 minutes to platinum and have the platinum for the same shit game in 10 different regions. If that's fun for them then so be it. I'm not upset over anyone's ability to collect a platinum, whether it's easy or not. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 7:40 AM, Ozansal said:

People can say anything, you may encounter even the types of “hey bruh git gud or don’t play”, and i actually consider them as exceptions. Because if people have some kind of inferior complexes and can get easily impressed by them, then that’s their problem, imo. (I don’t intend anything personal to you by saying this btw, just talking in general.)

And for the trophies, back in time, you had to do at least some notable effort to obtain them. But like you said, all you have to do now are paying 2-3 $ and spending 1-10 minutes of your time for 1 platinum. And you can stack the hell out of them with different regions is ridiculous. And with the case of this easy mode about trophies, i don’t know about you, but i’m losing the sense of joy about getting platinums.

I'm actually a new platinum collector. Started when I got my PS5 on release day. But I did hunt for achievements back during the 360 days. But I do find joy in getting platinums because for the most part I'm platinuming games I actually want to play. And typically the trophy lists challenges me to play the game in a way I wouldn't have before. So for me I get more out of my experience when platinuming, especially when the developers implement a thoughtful trophy list.

On 5/22/2022 at 7:13 PM, RuggedProGaming said:

This thread is exactly why I tend to stay away from gaming forums. People are arguing and disputing the addition of an easy mode that THEY DONT EVEN HAVE TO USE.  Who cares if your neighbor is playing on easy, if you want a challenge then that's fine. Why does it matter how others choose to enjoy the game. The argument that if people are having too hard of a time with the game as is then they shouldn't play it is ridiculous. Games should be able to be tailored and accessible for EVERYONE. That's the whole point of difficulty settings to begin with. 

This.

I complete all of my games on the hardest difficulty at least once even if no trophy calls for it, and updates like this that make games/trophies easier don't bother me. Seriously, people need to stop worrying about and telling people how to play their games.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2022 at 7:13 PM, RuggedProGaming said:

This thread is exactly why I tend to stay away from gaming forums. People are arguing and disputing the addition of an easy mode that THEY DONT EVEN HAVE TO USE.  Who cares if your neighbor is playing on easy, if you want a challenge then that's fine. Why does it matter how others choose to enjoy the game. The argument that if people are having too hard of a time with the game as is then they shouldn't play it is ridiculous. Games should be able to be tailored and accessible for EVERYONE. That's the whole point of difficulty settings to begin with. 

Join the club. I don't even know why I still bother with the forums here at this point. Too many judgmental, obsessive elitists here coming up with the most absurd things to complain about all the time. 

I could only ignore so much of it before I have to call somebody out for this rampant toxic behavior. 

• Like 1

I think the point here that other people are making is to not change the game to the point where it starts to become trivial. 

The whole entire Mein Leben controversy a few years back in Wolfenstein II was started by people who wanted to drastically alter and/or remove the trophy outright because they felt it was too difficult. 

I’ve done my share of ranting on harder trophies. But if you guys find something too difficult or too hectic, then just accept your losses and move on. 

Accessibility is perfectly fine with people that have disabilities. But when it gets to where said trophy is just too hard and it needs to be baby easy, I have an issue. 

We’ve seen this with the Infallible trophy in Fall Guys. The glitch in Hollow Knight that makes that one trophy significantly easier. 

Not everyone has the skill to beat hard games like Wolfenstein II, and that’s perfectly fine. Trophies shouldn’t always be participation awards designed to hand out everything on a platter. 

Just play the game, and accept that you may or may not earn all the achievements.