Easy mode incoming

Alley_Cat_8633

Been reading this topic some time now. All I wonder is why people automaticly think that easy mode means you are going to one shot everything. I could be that the game is just slightly easier still making you die in the progress but in a way you stil kinda feel like you can do it if you keep going. God mode in Hades for example, that also makes the game more easy but for a lot of people it's still challenging... It could also be that the game just works differently for example like God Mode in Hades. Every attempt you die you somehow get some sort of permanent upgrade. This way you still start out like intended, but are able to beat it eventualy if you keep going. This could also be something that resets every chapter, so every chapter starts fresh. But no easy mode wil be one punch man mode if you read this topic xD

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 3:53 PM, tommeyliang said:

Does anyone know when will the easier/harder difficulty levels be added? Will they be added for the physical release edition come May?

Yes it seems like this update will coincide with the physical release in May.

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, Smash41 said:

Looking forward to hearing if this makes the Platinum easier. Might give the game a go if so.

I know a lot of people will be disappointed by this, but I am also looking into buying the game.  The real question is if they will add trophies on any of the upcoming content.  They are releasing a new game mode and a couple other game modifiers that could possibly have trophies attached.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

It doesn't appear the update has changed any of the requirements for the trophies. So platinum should become significantly easier. Hopefully confirm it once I've (or anyone else playing today) has ran through it on easy.

Did you expect it? Like why would it... Only thing I might have tought they would do was adding new as DLC for beating the even harder mode.

1 hour ago, XXIIlII said:

Someone on Reddit unlocked some trophies playing easy mode

Good to hear, but as expected tbh.

9 hours ago, Bunkerbudy said:

Did you expect it? Like why would it... Only thing I might have tought they would do was adding new as DLC for beating the even harder mode.

Well I meant it in the sense that the two age trophies for example, may have only unlocked with the original difficulty, so with the introduction of the difficulty tiers, it may have been the case that the easier mode negated the trophies.

Edited by ScintillaWolf

8 minutes ago, Smash41 said:

So how many hours do you think the plat would now take using the Easy difficulty.

PowerPyx guide has it at 50 hours which I assume is reduced drastically now?

Honestly, idk how hard it was originally, but I died 7 times in the first level so I'm thinking easy mode isn't exactly "easy"

3 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Honestly, idk how hard it was originally, but I died 7 times in the first level so I'm thinking easy mode isn't exactly "easy"

Thats what I have been saying in the past, 'easy' might still by challeging, just less punishing.

3 hours ago, Smash41 said:

So how many hours do you think the plat would now take using the Easy difficulty.

Depend how fast you will understand the gameplay and learning boss pattern.

If you look vids to know how to defeat all boss, I will say 10-25 hours. Maybe less.

There is one trophy, I think can't be unlock in easy : Kung-Fu Tussle.

Don't forget to use the training mode. Help alot to improve your play

Edited by Bobylapointee

7 hours ago, Smash41 said:

Yeah, I found the game to mostly be a breeze under the easy mode. I historically suck with combo games (outside of Arkham, weirdly ?) and I was able to get through virtually all of the story with basic attacks and if I am honest, button mashing. Only the 3rd and 4th bosses with their ranged attacks gave me significant trouble, but as a previous poster mentioned, you can reduce your age by 5 years at the shrines, so you can afford to die a few times at the bosses and move on.

I can't imagine the platinum should take any more than 20 hours now.

Edited by ScintillaWolf
  • Like 3

On 5/4/2022 at 0:41 PM, Smash41 said:

I had made it all the way up to level 4 on the normal difficulty. after changing it i was able to finish. the game up and get plat that same day. took me like another 7 hours. the challenge is still their so it’s still somewhat skill dependent. id say this plat should take thought around 20 hours. maybe even less

20 hours ago, brikwall2002 said:

I had made it all the way up to level 4 on the normal difficulty. after changing it i was able to finish. the game up and get plat that same day. took me like another 7 hours. the challenge is still their so it’s still somewhat skill dependent. id say this plat should take thought around 20 hours. maybe even less

I started the ps4 version and this time I played on the student difficulty. Took me just 4 hours ?. It is laughably easy now If you've spent some time in Disciple difficulty plus it costs you just 1000xp to de-age by 5 years. 

• Like 1