Physical Copy?

rjankowski7031

It’s not looking good for it to have one. Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires, which coincidentally also came out today, used to have a preorder for the PS5 physical then was dropped in favor of a PS4 physical only with PS5 digital upgrade. Sadly, I think this is becoming a trend. Saves them from pressing two versions and a cost cutting method. Would like to be wrong.

• Like 2

My bet is we will see a PS5 Complete edition physical once they are done with DLC, ala Witcher 3. May be a while, but I think CDPR wants it finished completely before they print a new set. Besides, sometimes I get things right ;) 

Edited by Afro_Gear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dannyswfc9 said:

With how much money they lost at launch i will be suprised to see a physical copy. 

Im also suprised that its a free upgrade but thats probs a good will gesture to their fan base which is good to see

Money they lost? The game generated $300 million in profit with over 13 million sales. I'm not trying to be a dick, just curious about what you mean by money they lost? 

‘Cyberpunk 2077’ Broke CDPR’s Profit Record, Triple The Witcher 3’s Launch Year (forbes.com)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Maxemole said:

Money they lost? The game generated $300 million in profit with over 13 million sales. I'm not trying to be a dick, just curious about what you mean by money they lost? 

‘Cyberpunk 2077’ Broke CDPR’s Profit Record, Triple The Witcher 3’s Launch Year (forbes.com)

That is news to me so appologise

I just thought with all refunds and then the game going off psn for a bit and then cyberpunk going in the bargain bin i didnt know this kind of profit was possible.

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

That is news to me so appologise

I just thought with all refunds and then the game going off psn for a bit and then cyberpunk going in the bargain bin i didnt know this kind of profit was possible.

No worries I wouldn't blame you for thinking that lmao. It's honestly unbelievable the game sold as well as it did despite all the issues.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

My bet is we will see a PS5 Complete edition physical once they are done with DLC, ala Witcher 3. May be a while, but I think CDPR wants it finished completely before they print a new set. Besides, sometimes I get things right ;) 

definitely see this being more likely..Tho the image they've used of Vs back for the cover is miles better than those crap front images imo. 

Also in the trailer, did they make fun of themselves subliminally by using the tagline "love it, or burn it" 

Like trust us and love the game with time or just toss it. ?  

• Like 1

The first thing when announcing update 1.5 was for me to look for information about the physical release on PlayStation 5. I searched, asked, unfortunately nothing. However, I believe it will be on a physical medium. As the person above wrote, they should release a physical version containing update 1.5 on the board. We are waiting.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...