Three Legendary Cars trophy [Ford Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13, and Ferrari 330 P4 '67]

MWYSONG23

I’ll submit 2 cars to consider and look out for in the dealership. 

Toyota GT-1 was supposed to be a sure fire winner but never won. 

Mercedes CLK-GTR was also a shoe-in for the win until they started taking off on the straights. 

both cars have been mainstream in GT’s over the years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rallymen007 said:

If I had to guess, it would be for collecting the Ford Mark IV, Jag XJ13 and Ferrari 330 P4 because it really feels like a reference to the Dream Race trophy from GT5 and how these 3 cars were THE halo cars back then and since like half this entire game is references to older games it makes sense.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/460-gran-turismo-5/48-dream-race

I think you are right. Supposedly there are more than three cars but I do think the three you have listed fall within the trophy's criteria.

As for credits, I bought the Mark IV in the Legends Dealer for 4.6 mill. I'm going to make a prediction that the other two you mention will cost a similar amount. I don't think they will cost 20 mill. The reason? When looking at the car prices from GT Sport while all three of those cars cost 20 mill, we have already seen one in GT7 which is significantly cheaper than what it was in Sport. There's a good chance that applies to the others. I reckon 15 mill would be the required spend needed for the trophy (give or take a couple million).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OverHypedG said:

I have finally found a clip, here you go, full description.

Hate to nitpick but this said "determined to win' not ' destined' Thanks for the info though I think we have to wait on this one. :(

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PETMAN3000 said:

any info when the cars from the "Legend Cars" shop will be changed?

every couple of days or once a week?

I had a Ferrari F50 GT in my shop that has just gone out of stock today and it had been there since release (last Friday) so my guess is they are there for a week.

The Mark IV I believe popped up on Sunday and its showing as 'limited supply now' so I think it will go out of stock on this coming Sunday. 

• Like 2

From my understanding, only cars that actually won should count towards the trophy. At least in regard to the German trophy description.

"Drei legendäre Rennwagen erworben, die einst 24-Stunden-Rennen gewinnen konnten."

The most fitting translation to that is:

"Acquire three legendary race cars that once won 24 hour races."

"gewinnen konnten" in this context means, that the cars did definitely win the races.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PETMAN3000 said:

any info when the cars from the "Legend Cars" shop will be changed?

every couple of days or once a week?

once a day

6 hours ago, doomus said:

Hate to nitpick but this said "determined to win' not ' destined' Thanks for the info though I think we have to wait on this one. :(

yeah my though was the same, but then I asked myself a question - why only one sentece this way? it looks a little bit like it implies this is it...other sentences are more together and connected

7 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Are we going to need 3 X 20 mill cars ?

I hope not :P

10 hours ago, doomus said:

Not only that, the sentence doesn't even talk about the car. Carroll Shelby is the one who're determined to win Le Mans for Ford, not the car. I also think 'destined' is more like a creative translation without much importance. I would say this text is the original description; かつて24時間レースに勝利すべく産声をあげた、伝説のレーシングカー3台を入手 and all other descriptions are merely translations from the original Japanese text, since PD is a Japanese company led by a Japanese director. I also think 'born to win' is more closer to the original text, than the 'destined to win'.

Also, I think Mark IV has significantly more stronger wording in its description, compare to Cobra.

• Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64 The Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe may be the most valuable Shelby Cobra of them all. Determined to win Le Mans for Ford... Carroll Shelby asked friend and employee Pete Brock to design a coupé body for the Cobra. Spec-wise, it was virtually the same as the 289 Cobra, but the coupé body boosted its top speed by over 30 km/h. Taking class victories at Le Mans and Daytona, this Cobra became the champion of the FIA GT Class in 1965. With only six Daytona Coupes in existence including prototypes, they are almost mythical in their rarity.
  • Ford Mark IV Race Car '67 The Ford Mark IV dominated the 1967 Le Mans 24 hour race, and it was a momentous achievement for Ford, which had also won the prior year. The car was powered by the 7L V8 engine that Carroll Shelby had chosen for the Mark II, but its chassis was completely different. The chassis was based on the J-car that was under development to meet new regulations... incorporating cutting edge aerodynamic innovations. As a result, the Mark IV was incredibly quick. So quick in fact, that it finished a full four laps ahead of the second-placed Ferrari 330 P4 at Le Mans in 1967. It's also worth noting that the drivers Dan Gurney and A.J. Foyt were both American, making this the first victory for an all-American team in the history of the 24 hours of Le Mans. And it's because of these facts that the Ford Mark IV has a special place in motorsport history.

I expect that the prime suspect (917K) would also carry similarly strong, or even stronger wordings.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, rallymen007 said:

If I had to guess, it would be for collecting the Ford Mark IV, Jag XJ13 and Ferrari 330 P4 because it really feels like a reference to the Dream Race trophy from GT5 and how these 3 cars were THE halo cars back then and since like half this entire game is references to older games it makes sense.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/460-gran-turismo-5/48-dream-race

I'm 99% sure it's these 3 as well because of the GT5 trophy. There's also a mission challenge that has all 3 of them together but that's probably just coincidental. 

As for when the legendary dealership gets changed, I have a feeling it's when the cars get sold. They're all the same for everyone and there's only so many, so eventually when people are buying them, they get sold out. Then the next day the sold out cars get replaced with different ones. That's what I've noticed at least.

10 hours ago, AxillarySloth53 said:

The Mark IV I believe popped up on Sunday and its showing as 'limited supply now' so I think it will go out of stock on this coming Sunday. 

Out of stock as of this writing. I missed it :( 

if it is one of the cars needed u hope it comes back soon 

33 minutes ago, Im2Fast_4U said:

How are people going about grinding credits for these? Got to 2.1 mil before the Mark IV sold out at 4.6 mil... and the XJ13 is 12 mil right now. Unreal prices

The Dirt Champions race on Fishermans Ranch, gives 65,000 credits or 97,500 for a clean race and takes around 3m15s to run with a slightly tweaked and tuned Focus Gr.B Rally Car.

Have bought both the Mark IV and XJ13 now, fingers crossed that the next doesn't cost a fortune.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mx_bluee said:

I'm 99% sure it's these 3 as well because of the GT5 trophy. There's also a mission challenge that has all 3 of them together but that's probably just coincidental. 

As for when the legendary dealership gets changed, I have a feeling it's when the cars get sold. They're all the same for everyone and there's only so many, so eventually when people are buying them, they get sold out. Then the next day the sold out cars get replaced with different ones. That's what I've noticed at least.

Are you sure you saw all 3 of them? I haven't seen XJ13 '66 in that race. I saw XJR-9 '88 as well as 330 P4 '67 and Mark IV '67, but that's just 3 out of 19 cars. All other cars were either former winner or loser of Le Mans. XJ13 is neither the winner or the loser, since it never went to the race.

I'm currently writing the trophy guide for the site here and I noticed something in the trophy listing. It's purely a hunch and may not pan out, but: two trophies require a specific vehicle to be purchased for scapes photos (Memento from the Nurburgring: BMW Gr.3; Memento from Le Mans: Audi R18 TDI). While the BMW requirement is a bit looser, specifically the BMW M3 GT '11 won 2010 Nurburgring, and has a slight mention of how it was engineered to win and did so, and costs just 600k credits. The Audi R18 TDI, however, costs 3mil... and has a vivid description of how it was engineered to win and did so in 2011. I know these vehicles aren't from the legends dealer, but I wonder if one or both may satisfy the requirements for this?

It's a theory, but their trophy list may have been designed such that, if they both count, you'd need to buy those two and one such destined victor car from the legends dealership (to get Living with a Legend), netting in your three vehicles for Three Legendary Cars. If anyone has any thoughts on it or could test it out(especially those who have the Mark IV), that would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Im2Fast_4U said:

I'm currently writing the trophy guide for the site here and I noticed something in the trophy listing. It's purely a hunch and may not pan out, but: two trophies require a specific vehicle to be purchased for scapes photos (Memento from the Nurburgring: BMW Gr.3; Memento from Le Mans: Audi R18 TDI). While the BMW requirement is a bit looser, specifically the BMW M3 GT '11 won 2010 Nurburgring, and has a slight mention of how it was engineered to win and did so, and costs just 600k credits. The Audi R18 TDI, however, costs 3mil... and has a vivid description of how it was engineered to win and did so in 2011. I know these vehicles aren't from the legends dealer, but I wonder if one or both may satisfy the requirements for this?

It's a theory, but their trophy list may have been designed such that, if they both count, you'd need to buy those two and one such destined victor car from the legends dealership (to get Living with a Legend), netting in your three vehicles for Three Legendary Cars. If anyone has any thoughts on it or could test it out(especially those who have the Mark IV), that would be greatly appreciated!

I tested what you said days ago when I got the Ford, and like I mentioned above, it didn't work. Anyway, I think our thoughts once made sense. It just didn't work out, though, unfortunately.