License Challenge?

Megaman80

27 minutes ago, Sicho said:

aaaaand I just got gold on IA-10 after 5 tries or so :D

Funny how I had no real problems with one of the challenges most people seem to find quite difficult while I almost pulled out all my hair on a challenge other people didn't seem to have any problems with 1f602.png

These challenges are like Souls bosses - everyone has a different one that they find frustrating :D 

but hey, my confidence is back! Onto License S!

Good going mate!  Only 5 attempts on IA-10 is damn impressive.  You should do fine on S, let us know ?

• Like 2

On 16/03/2022 at 5:28 PM, Megaman80 said:

Finally finished story mode, and going back for the special license. I already did the S-9.

how are the other races compared to S-9? Is it the easiest of the bunch?

i would say as an automatic transmission, tc 3 (default ?)

S-1 Medium (chrono is tight, car is annoying to drive, map is garbage)

S-2 Easy (very easy chrono, boring track, just learn where is your breaking point with this car)

S-3 Easy (short and cool track)

S-4 Hard (very tight chrono in my opinion, but car is easy to drive. Very frustrating that you fail everytime you just kiss a ledge)

S-5 Very Easy (chrono is super easy to achieve. Car handling is okay, especially if you've been farming dirt champions track for money)

S-6 Very Easy (car is hard to drive but the chrono is super large. Play safe that should be enough)

S-7 GOD TIER TEST MATE. Hard

S-8 Very easy (chrono easy, car easy, track is easy, no problem)

S-9 Medium (cool track, cool car, but definitely gold is tough).

S-10 Annoying (play safe)

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Steva24 said:

Finally got gold on IA #10 with a time of 57:883 ! Second time I managed to finish and got gold ! Onto S now ! Amazing feeling to get that one out!!

That is a great milestone. If you look at my post over i rate it as the second hardest test in the game

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Megaman80 said:

That is a great milestone. If you look at my post over i rate it as the second hardest test in the game

Well that gives me even more confidence to go for more tonight. I managed to do s-2/s-3 pretty fast after the IA10 last night and silver on s-9. Hopefully i can get 2-3 golds tonight. 

EDIT : All i have left now is S 1-4-6-7. 

Edited by Steva24
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Steva24 said:

This was my first gold on S licences! Keep at it ! 

I will this weekend.
S-1 took me several tries but I got there eventually. S-2 was relatively easy, I think it took me 3 or 4 tries.

• Like 1

Right now I'm missing S-4/7 and S-10. 

After a good 2,5 hour session ( wife and kids slept really good and server was down for 15-20') , managed to gold S-1( surprisingly easier than it seemed at first )  S-6 ( managed to get almost a second below the gold ) and on S-4 im at 2:00:450. Trial and error as the rest but on this one im trying to push the car and as many in here I guess, i gently kiss the side and get a Disqualification. I have managed to finish two times, first time was 2:01:760, second time was 2:00:450. In between countless tries that helped learn. 

So far for me S-4 is the hardest one. Must be on the trial for a good full hour .Not being able to use outside of the curves on corners and going so tight on the road it can be troublesome. I am pretty confident I'll do it later tonight.

I haven't even tried S-10 and played S-7 last night for few minutes just to get the trophy for driving a formula but this seems like being in a level above everything else. 

For me personally finishing on my own and then having my ghost to beat works much better that running to catch the gold ghost from the start. 

• Like 1

On 19/03/2022 at 6:33 PM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Where as S-10 is not that bad if you lift and coast it here and there.

Did you use traction control for this run? If so what setting?

I felt like I was breezing through the licences, with IA-10 only really giving me a bit of trouble where I hand to spend more than an hour on it. But I'm now like 7 hours deep on S-10 and the best I've managed is a 2:26:500. I can do a pretty perfect lap but it goes to hell nearly every time at Blanchimont. Even if I just roll through it after passing under the advertising board.

I've been playing with TCS set at 2, but feel like I need it on 5 for the last third of the lap. However I feel like it costs me too much time having it on 5 for the first two thirds of the lap and I've lost count of the amount of times I've ruined a lap by trying to change it midway through. ?

1 hour ago, EIdain said:

Did you use traction control for this run? If so what setting?

I felt like I was breezing through the licences, with IA-10 only really giving me a bit of trouble where I hand to spend more than an hour on it. But I'm now like 7 hours deep on S-10 and the best I've managed is a 2:26:500. I can do a pretty perfect lap but it goes to hell nearly every time at Blanchimont. Even if I just roll through it after passing under the advertising board.

I've been playing with TCS set at 2, but feel like I need it on 5 for the last third of the lap. However I feel like it costs me too much time having it on 5 for the first two thirds of the lap and I've lost count of the amount of times I've ruined a lap by trying to change it midway through. 1f61e.png

I had no shame and jacked all aids up to the max for S10 and got a 2:24 easily. It even lets you abuse Eau Rouge curbs and smash full throttle on a controller like an ape. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bkfountain said:

I had no shame and jacked all aids up to the max for S10 and got a 2:24 easily. It even lets you abuse Eau Rouge curbs and smash full throttle on a controller like an ape. 

Since posting that last message I've stuck it on 5.

EDIT:

IMG_0821.jpg

TCS 5 was the answer, smashed my previous best by nearly a second & I left plenty of time still out there. I was shocked at how many times it let me get away with clipping a wet curb with that turned all the way up.

This game has had it's fair share of justified criticism, but with how easy Sony first parties are making their trophy lists that was one of the most satisfying trophies I've earned in a good while. Really enjoyed that challenge. Shame there's not more to do in the "career mode" right now. 

Edited by EIdain

9 hours ago, Steva24 said:

Small update : managed to gold s-4 and s-7. S-7 wasn't that bad. I spent 40' on that . S-4 gave me the most trouble so far! Only S-10 left to complete all licences gold :)

Great work! I thought s-10 seemer really bad at first, but it wasnt too bad. you can drive really fast the first half and easily overtake the ghost car. I had to adjust it like a secone in front of me after i knew what i was doing. It was just a matter of learning the track and the wet parts, after this i had like 2.26.095, and then i needed like 40 minutes because i keept pushing it too much. Ended ut with 2.25.2xx i think it was. Went quite safe in the end.

• Like 1

On 23/03/2022 at 7:40 PM, Sicho said:

IA-8 is doing me in, man!

Somehow I was able to get exactly 23.6 at some point, Gold is 23.4. But I'm absolutely unable to shave off those 0.2. In fact, in 29 out of 30 tries I don't even come close to those magical 23.6 I somehow got, most of the time I end up with a time of more than 24 seconds.

What's annoying about all this for me, as I am a noob when it comes to racing games, is that the game calls this a license test, however, there is no teacher around to actually teach you. By that, I mean not explaining what you have to do like they do in the menu of a license challenge, but analyzing how you drove and telling you what you did wrong! That would be so helpful.

In this world full of AIs and machine learning and whatnot, they somehow cannot provide a system that analyzes your run and tells you "in this sector, you put on the brakes too early" or "your angle in this corner was too low" or stuff Iike that. Because of that, I'm mostly guessing what I should do differently and I just end up chasing my own ghost, not really understanding why it was faster than I am now. It's a bit frustrating when you don't understand what you do wrong or how you could improve.

And if I'm struggling now to get gold on IA-8, I'm pretty confident that even trying the S license will be a colossal waste of time :/

Same with me. Seem to have hit a road block, best was 23.470 and no idea how it happened. Blasted through the rest of the licenses but this is setting me back. The first corner is the pinnacle to getting a good time so I'd focus on that, the only other thing to worry about then is not hitting the wall coming out at the end. 

Going to leave it for now mind and come back later, no point in stressing and constantly retrying because you'll lose focus and make more mistakes. 

5 minutes ago, MickeyMixLipa said:

Same with me. Seem to have hit a road block, best was 23.470 and no idea how it happened. Blasted through the rest of the licenses but this is setting me back. The first corner is the pinnacle to getting a good time so I'd focus on that, the only other thing to worry about then is not hitting the wall coming out at the end. 

Going to leave it for now mind and come back later, no point in stressing and constantly retrying because you'll lose focus and make more mistakes. 

adjusting the ghost really helped me in the end.

In the settings, you can offset your ghost by a max. of 2 seconds. So if your ghost is, for example, 0.1 seconds off the gold time, offset him to 0.2 seconds. That way, you are chasing a ghost that is just a little bit faster than the time you actually need to beat. Then all you need to do is chase it and try to stay close to it. That helped me drive riskier at some spots or just accelerating more or brake differently and in the end etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steva24 said:

After almost 100 kmh, didn't even manage to finish a complete lap on S-10! So so so annoying! 

I will give you the best tip:

Turn all the assists on. TCS: 5. asm: on, that last assist: Strong

after this just make sure you learn the first half of the track first, its quite easy once you get familiar with it. the first S-turn you can really gain at the ghost car by cutting the bends.

When you get familiar with the first half the turn you get to at around 1.15-1.17 break a little before you are suggested to, i failed there quite a few times...

the second half is very doable as long as you drive fast enough at the first half. I found it easy if i let go of the gass under the white banner at the final stretches, as the final S turn is pretty much follow the break markers.

• Like 1

S-4 is my new nemesis.

Closest I got was 0.4 off the Gold target. Trying for two evenings now, I think I got one run that was around 0.7 off, but most of them are usually around 1 second off the target... urgh.

Edited by Sicho
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Megaman80 said:

I will give you the best tip:

Turn all the assists on. TCS: 5. asm: on, that last assist: Strong

after this just make sure you learn the first half of the track first, its quite easy once you get familiar with it. the first S-turn you can really gain at the ghost car by cutting the bends.

When you get familiar with the first half the turn you get to at around 1.15-1.17 break a little before you are suggested to, i failed there quite a few times...

the second half is very doable as long as you drive fast enough at the first half. I found it easy if i let go of the gass under the white banner at the final stretches, as the final S turn is pretty much follow the break markers.

Last assist worked perfectly for me. Managed to finish 5-6 times. Started with 2:30 and eventually got it down to 2:24:859. I also remembered to save my run ! Now I can rest ! 

• Like 1