License Challenge?

Megaman80

The only really difficult challenge for me was S-7 with the F1 car. This really tested my patience. Was about to throw the PS5 off the second floor. All the others were not the most difficult challenge for me. Sure it depends on your driving skills and your persistence, but they are all really doable if you try them over and over again.You just keep getting better and faster with each additional try.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CsGetDegree said:

Finally did it lol, the S ones are way worse

well done, as i said earlier i think AI-10 is the second hardest license test so if you make it the rest should be doable. some say S-10 is hardest and som say S-7 is. either way give them a few hours and you will find out that its very doable for most people with some dedication.

7 hours ago, xXDer_KritikerXx said:

The only really difficult challenge for me was S-7 with the F1 car. This really tested my patience. Was about to throw the PS5 off the second floor. All the others were not the most difficult challenge for me. Sure it depends on your driving skills and your persistence, but they are all really doable if you try them over and over again.You just keep getting better and faster with each additional try.

hehe, yes S-7 seemed very difficult at first, not much room for error, and you can only go safe in like 1 turn else your going to be off the gold time. The hardest paart for me was to put it all together, always 1 turn that didnt go as planned.

• Like 1

Just got IA-10 done, that one has so far been by far the hardest gold time for me, took me a good 3 hours of grinding until I finally got it. I tried with different assist settings and what finally worked for me was putting everything on max: ASM on, countersteer assist strong and TCS on 5.

dammit, S-10 really is the endboss.

Only arrived at the finish line once after idk how many tries... and I'm 9 whole seconds behind the target for Gold :/

This is hard. Such a long track and virtually no room for error.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sicho said:

Only arrived at the finish line once after idk how many tries... and I'm 9 whole seconds behind the target for Gold :/

You can do it. My first finish (after countless fails) was 8 seconds to slow for gold eventually a few hours later achieved gold medal. Had this run as reference. 

Good luck. It’s a tough one for sure

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Janire1911 said:

Just got IA-10 done, that one has so far been by far the hardest gold time for me, took me a good 3 hours of grinding until I finally got it. I tried with different assist settings and what finally worked for me was putting everything on max: ASM on, countersteer assist strong and TCS on 5.

Its funny how people are different. Think i Got it first or second try ?

but The S licences scare me a little ?

8 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Its funny how people are different. Think i Got it first or second try 1f62e.png

but The S licences scare me a little 1f605.png

I've got gold up until S-3 and the hardest ones so far have been IA-5, IA-9 and IA-10. I've done all the tests with at least a bronze time and I'm really dreading trying to get gold on S-10, that one took me lots of attempts to even finish. S-7 might also be a b*tch but at least I'm very familiar with the track (Laguna Seca), it's probably my favorite track of all time. Nothing beats the feeling you get when you pull off the corkscrew flawlessly ☺️

• Like 3

18 hours ago, KyleMcLaughlin said:

I’m struggling so hard on IA-8 right now 

on this one i remembered experimenting wih the TCS, i found it going in kindda slow and tried for a fast exiting out of the turn without spinning, i ASM on, assist Weak, and TCS-2 i think i did it on.

The only hard ones i remember was the one with the fast nissan car and the last one for IA. and i seem to struggle like an average person on the tests.

On 27.3.2022 at 6:16 PM, Sicho said:

There are room for errors in S-10. i started at 13 seconds over gold time, and was very worried being just a few seconds over at an hour, and making it roughly in 2 hours or so. I just went with all assists at max.

• Like 2

after having got this gold trophy, the hardest tests for me were A9 and S7. both took me literally ALL DAY to pass

I did every other test with the dual sense controller, default settings AND automatic transmission (hides from @Velvet.) but those 2 I had to lower traction control (A9) and increase controller sensitivity (S7)

IA10 and S10 weren't anywhere near as hard as ppl made it out to be (not trying to sound elitist). or maybe its because I really enjoyed those 2 races so it didn't seem like a chore to me

Edited by MonaSaxPayne
  • Like 2

On 28/03/2022 at 9:11 AM, KyleMcLaughlin said:

I’m struggling so hard on IA-8 right now 

I just managed that one last night. Took me several attempts to get it. On the descent make sure you really hit the outside of the corner when you're braking. Taking the corner very wide and then cutting across the apex was the key for me on that one. It was definitely one of the tougher ones for sure.

• Like 1

Took an extended break because I couldn't do A-9, done it but now I can't pass A-10 

I know the microtransactions are a source of controversy in the community but I can't lie if Sony wants to put out a booster pack of some sort to make these easier I would be very tempted  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thomas2400 said:

Took an extended break because I couldn't do A-9, done it but now I can't pass A-10 

I know the microtransactions are a source of controversy in the community but I can't lie if Sony wants to put out a booster pack of some sort to make these easier I would be very tempted  

I'm stuck on this one as well at the moment. Dreading the S licence a little to be honest. Looks like each one for S is a full lap of the track. They have been relatively easy up to this point as you only needed to perfect short 20-30ish seconds of track at a time. I'm pretty bad at racing games to be honest so will be impressed if I can manage to pull this off.

21 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I'm stuck on this one as well at the moment. Dreading the S licence a little to be honest. Looks like each one for S is a full lap of the track. They have been relatively easy up to this point as you only needed to perfect short 20-30ish seconds of track at a time. I'm pretty bad at racing games to be honest so will be impressed if I can manage to pull this off.

My approach is to do them all, gold or not. Just get through them. (i get gold on some of them). Then ill go through the menus (im almost done), and ill go back to licenses. Plan is to do little sprints of 30min max, and take breaks. Just hang in there, it's definitely possible, or else people wouldn't have done it :) You can do it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomataEighty9 said:

My approach is to do them all, gold or not. Just get through them. (i get gold on some of them). Then ill go through the menus (im almost done), and ill go back to licenses. Plan is to do little sprints of 30min max, and take breaks. Just hang in there, it's definitely possible, or else people wouldn't have done it :) You can do it!

Thanks! I'm sure I'll get there eventually ? I'm taking breaks when I do it. I'll do a couple licences and then switch to menus for a bit and then maybe some sport or circuits. Would do my head in being stuck on the same one for too long and not mixing it up a little. I've managed to get gold on each one so far before progressing though which I've been pretty happy with.

• Like 1

A bit closer to the trophy again, did S-4 and S-5 today. S-4 was pretty easy, it's an easy track and an easy to drive car so that didn't pose any significant problems. I was worried about S-5 since it's a dirt track but in the end it wasn't as bad as I feared, after finding the right assist settings (ASM off and countersteer assistance strong) I managed to beat the gold time with 0.7 seconds to spare.  Also you should absolutely turn steering sensitivity down to -2, that makes the car MUCH easier to handle. The hardest part of S-5 is the jump at the end of the track, that ruined many attempts for me as the car would go wildly out of control when landing. 

On 30.3.2022 at 8:40 PM, Thomas2400 said:

What usually happens if you try challenges in a game and fail and it seem impossible your brain will prosess it as you sleep etc. and next time you dedicate time at it it might become much easier.

As an example i needed 400 laps in wipeout HD for the "Beat zico" trophy.  

I am still leaning towards bribing someone to do these for me. I tried to do some again, got my hopes up on some of these, fell on the loop of try trying again with pain levels rising fast. Goddamnit I cant even drive manual. I remember doing these gold on gt4. That was looong time ago.

Not given up yet though. Maybe this weekend with friend coming over, he can pull some of these off. Then again I doubt it, I remember he "helping" me with Turismo 5. Just checked my trophies for it. I have not done licenses almost at all. Beer and gt7..that goes together well.

For some miraculous reason I managed to pass the final license test(s10) with a 2.25.3 with a dual-sense controller.

If any help I wanted to share the settings that I used. Hope it helps any getting this test

- Countersteering assistance - strong(I spun almost every corner without)

- ASM on

- Traction control: 4

Controller settings:

- Controller steering sensitivity: 0 (car was way more stable for me)

All in all tip that helped me: Slow in, fast out and be slow and gentle on the throttle.

Some great insights in this video. Tweaked some stuff for my driving style Got 2.25.294 with the following settings - Countersteering assistance - strong(I spun almost every corner without) - ASM on - Traction control: 4 Controller settings: - Controller steering sensitivity: 0 (car was way more stable for me) All in all tip that helped me: Slow in, fast out. Hope it helps.

• Like 2

And S-7 is done! That was far easier than I thought, got it done in under 30 minutes with a time of 1:07.392, a whopping 0.008 seconds under the gold time. I'm sure what helped me was that I'm extremely familiar with the track and I love it, it's my favorite track and I must've done 1000+ laps of it in Forza Motorsport 2 so I didn't have to spend any time getting to know the layout of it. The settings I used were ASM and countersteer assistance off, TCS 1 and controller sensitivity 7.

• Like 1

I've only got golds up to S3 but I'm already amazed with the percentage of people on PSN (not only here on the site) that already got the all golds trophy, considering how challenging some of these tests are for an average gamer like me.

I guess it goes to show that sims/simcades really are kind of a niche and a good chunk of people playing this on release are talented veterans of the genre.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior