License Challenge?

Megaman80

4 minutes ago, svache said:

Got around to S10 for the first time today... massive respect to those who did it in gold with a controller! I'll give it another go, but I seriously doubt I'll be able to do that lol

Its definitely doable and easier than it seems at first. I am not fan of the track and needed some time to learn the car, but turning countersteering assistance on made a huge difference for me on the handling of the car.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I keep reading about the infamous S10 and I'm already dreading it.

Can anyone compare it to the Venom Hot Lap 2 in Driveclub? Is it much worse?

S10 is not bad at all you don't need to push that hard to beat the time just lift and coast where needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, svache said:

Got around to S10 for the first time today... massive respect to those who did it in gold with a controller! I'll give it another go, but I seriously doubt I'll be able to do that lol

I just finished all licenses now, and jesus, some of the S tests are gonna be a pain to gold :D haha

Way worse than i expected :o but probably doable, even for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

I just finished all licenses now, and jesus, some of the S tests are gonna be a pain to gold :D haha

Way worse than i expected :o but probably doable, even for me.

You can do them, I've got S1 - S7 done and so far none of them have been nearly as hard for me as IA-10 was. My strategy has been to do several attempts and if I haven't gotten gold yet I'll watch the demonstration video for tips on how to save time and then go back to grinding until I get gold. Also I always race against my own ghost so I can immediately see where I lose or gain time. Also finding the right assist settings and controller sensitivity is important.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Janire1911 said:

You can do them, I've got S1 - S7 done and so far none of them have been nearly as hard for me as IA-10 was. My strategy has been to do several attempts and if I haven't gotten gold yet I'll watch the demonstration video for tips on how to save time and then go back to grinding until I get gold. Also I always race against my own ghost so I can immediately see where I lose or gain time. Also finding the right assist settings and controller sensitivity is important.

I'll certainly give them a go on gold too :) 

My first goal was to just complete all licenses. Now i'll do any other trophies and return to gold licenses as my last trophy :D 

2 hours ago, Janire1911 said:

The biggest hurdle at the start for the super licenses is to learn the track and get confident at finishing it consistently. Then once you've learnt the track focus on each single corner and working on getting faster and more consistent. At least that's what I've been doing. 

The other thing aswell is to relax and don't get to frustrated, frustration causes mistakes which leads to more trouble. 

• Like 2

On 4/2/2022 at 2:11 PM, stevenanthony88 said:

- Countersteering assistance - strong(I spun almost every corner without)

how? If I turn that on I can barely make any corner because the car just doesn't take them tightly enough.

I'm still 1.5 seconds off the Gold target :/ I don't think I can make this.

Edited by Sicho

For those who need any sort of help, this guy has an entire playlist on YT with tutorials on how to earn gold on all licenses of all classes. (also missions for those who want gold on the missions too)

I personally got gold on all licenses a while ago, but when I needed a bit of help, these videos were the most helpful!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Sicho said:

how? If I turn that on I can barely make any corner because the car just doesn't take them tightly enough.

Keeps the car much better in the first corners especially giving me confidence on the rest of the track  Without it, car was spinning and i was losing so much time trying to keep it steady! Maybe change controller sensitivity or abs / traction control / asm ? I had 7 / 1 / 5  / mild or no. I can upload the video of my run if you want. I did 2:24:xxx and I'm pretty sure i had so many mistakes in this run i could have gone even better. After i got counter on, i managed to finish 5-6 times within 30' and every time my time was going better and better

2 hours ago, Sicho said:

It helped me to go into the corners with more confidently, and I braked earlier so I turned faster in the corners and could have a fast exit.

For me that in combination with the controller sterring sensitivity made the car feel way more stable.

Key was being slower on the throttle, and made some great time in the long straight before the final chicane by not breaking and just letting go of the throttle and let it roll

Hope you get it :)

13 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I've only got golds up to S3 but I'm already amazed with the percentage of people on PSN (not only here on the site) that already got the all golds trophy, considering how challenging some of these tests are for an average gamer like me.

I guess it goes to show that sims/simcades really are kind of a niche and a good chunk of people playing this on release are talented veterans of the genre.

i thought the gold trophy would be more scarce as well. but, there may be a lot of players using a wheel. im sure that would make the achievement more compromisable

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gemini-JohnnyT said:

there may be a lot of players using a wheel. im sure that would make the achievement more compromisable

People always talk as if using a wheel is some kind of automatic and immediate advantage, but in fact it's a completely different skiĺl that requires a fair bit of practice and that's harder to master than a controller. Namely, it requires more complex imputs from the player.

Not everyone is gonna up their game just by switching to a racing wheel.

The relatively low rarity of the trophy probably has more to do with the existing community. Dedicated and skilled drivers that are used to games harder than this.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

People always talk as if using a wheel is some kind of automatic and immediate advantage, but in fact it's a completely different skiĺl that requires a fair bit of practice and that's harder to master than a controller. Namely, it requires more complex imputs from the player.

The relatively low rarity of the trophy probably has more to do with the existing community. Dedicated and skilled drivers that are used to games harder than this.

Alone the fact that you have to get used to pedals, in stead of the triggers. I know as an adult, pedals are a usual thing, but we play 99% of our games on a controller, so switching to a wheel and pedals, is (like you say), not going to just be easy :) 

• Like 2

Don't know if it's just me, but I'm finding the DualSense analog controls (both the thumbsticks and the triggers) a bit more precise than the DualShock 4, which helps a lot with precision driving.

I'm throttling and handling long curves a lot more smoothly than I did on PS4 racers. Wonder if it really is the hardware or just the game's programming.

I got to try GT7 with wheel and pedals and it was a complete mess ?. I'm sure I'd get used to them and after a while I'd probably be able to get faster laps but like it was said, just using a wheel and pedals isn't automatically going to make it easier. In fact, I think the Dualsense is a fantastic controller for GT7, the haptic feedback really helps you get a sense of how the car is behaving.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gemini-JohnnyT said:

i thought the gold trophy would be more scarce as well. but, there may be a lot of players using a wheel. im sure that would make the achievement more compromisable

Think it's less to do with input device and more the fact a lot of us play games like GT and other racers regularly enough to have the muscle memory. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

The relatively low rarity of the trophy probably has more to do with the existing community. Dedicated and skilled drivers that are 

Edited by Gemini-JohnnyT
i said nothing about, nor did i make an insinuation or inference about wheels being more difficult or easier to utilize. i said nothing about the complexity to use or even master using the wheel. i offered conjecture of them leading to better lap times

On 3.4.2022 at 9:53 AM, svache said:

To be honest, the S-10 is far for the most difficult license test. S-7, IA-10 and S-3?(the Toyota one) is harder. Yea for the first hour or so it might seem quite hard but as soon as you know the track its quite doable. If i remember correctly GTS had a semi-difficult curcuit lap on that track with a porche or something.

I did all the gran turismo games with the dualshock except GT6 which i didnt play for an unknown reason. I might go for it if those DLC races are doable, but all of my DS3's are quite worn out :)

• Like 2