License Challenge?

Megaman80

S-10 isn't even that bad in my opinion. Stick to the dry line, and baby the throttle through Eau Rouge and you can comfortably come out ahead of the demo car ghost if you get it right. I was consistently doing that with the dualsense.

Once through Eau Rouge I'd turn TCS to 4 (it was off through T1 and Eau Rouge) and providing you aren't going stupidly slow through the rest of the track then gold is attainable, the time is quite generous. I personally found IA-10 much more difficult, the AMG is an absolute handful without any assists. 

18 hours ago, DogFoRaw5 said:

IA-10 and S-10 were the only really difficult ones for me.

Glad to hear that other people struggled with ia-10. i started to worry about everyone saying how easy everything is. Im curious how that formula license will be. Will it be like vettel all over again…

I am not sure it was ever a good idea to let a Bee drive a car ...

It took me just under 2 hours to get the A-10 gold ... 

I am glad that a lot of people are finding these easy for the most part, but I find trying to drive a car with the controller to be difficult.  I can mostly handle the steering, but feathering the throttle with the trigger seems to never go as I expected.  I would probably be better if I had access to a wheel (honestly, pedals would be enough), but I don't as a good one would be far too expensive.  I may be able to get better through practice, but it can be frustrating to fail something you know how to do, just fail to put into practice.

8 hours ago, TheBirches said:

S-10 isn't even that bad in my opinion. Stick to the dry line, and baby the throttle through Eau Rouge and you can comfortably come out ahead of the demo car ghost if you get it right. I was consistently doing that with the dualsense.

Once through Eau Rouge I'd turn TCS to 4 (it was off through T1 and Eau Rouge) and providing you aren't going stupidly slow through the rest of the track then gold is attainable, the time is quite generous. I personally found IA-10 much more difficult, the AMG is an absolute handful without any assists. 

I did IA-10 with all assists on full, time 57.555. It was all about entering the turns perfectly.

1 hour ago, Megaman80 said:

Glad to hear that other people struggled with ia-10. i started to worry about everyone saying how easy everything is. Im curious how that formula license will be. Will it be like vettel all over again…

You can just throw it at the corners it has plenty of grip 

I'm currently stuck (as in: not getting the Gold, not as in: not passing at all) on IB-5.

God dammit the game plays weird on dirt. 

but then, I read this under a YT video:

"IB-5 is currently bugged on patch 1.06. For whatever reason they changed dirt tires to CS ones, and now it's nearly impossible to get gold on this course. The best I can do is silver."

is that real? If so, I'm pissed because I already wasted hours on this ?

Edited by Sicho

13 minutes ago, Sicho said:

I'm currently stuck (as in: not getting the Gold, not as in: not passing at all) on IB-5.

"IB-5 is currently bugged on patch 1.06. For whatever reason they changed dirt tires to CS ones, and now it's nearly impossible to get gold on this course. The best I can do is silver."

is that real? If so, I'm pissed because I already wasted hours on this 1f602.png

It's true. It's the same for the IA-3 challenge, as for S-5. Getting bronze is enough to pass to IA. Just wait till they fix and complete them afterwards.

20 minutes ago, Sicho said:

is that real? If so, I'm pissed because I already wasted hours on this 1f602.png

Yeah just avoid dirt until they patch it lol.

On 8.3.2022 at 7:28 PM, whirring_ said:

i tnink s-7 ends up being a platinum breaker for the more casual folks as it is fucking insane lol. 

thats the one I'm sturggling with atm. best is silver, still couple of seconds off from gold and I do not get used to the handling of that f1 car.

Edited by preciseRNG

I just started the S license, the S-1 is the hardest gold for me at the moment (except the dirt ones that I only had bronze). I'm getting old or something, but with a controller cost me a lot to handle that lambo.

I play on manual, tcs 1, sensivity on 7, but on this challenge I change to 0.

Edited by Steven-Spiegel

On 08/03/2022 at 7:41 PM, Megaman80 said:

Definitly not hard like Vettel was, but still need a few tries, cause you definitly dont drive it like other cars, you are reaaalllly slow at first tries cause you brake way too much considering how fast the formula car can go in turns ^^

Just beat S-10 last night, only S-5 left.  I am rarely play racing games, so I am full casual. So don't give up, with practice, everbody can do this!

For me IA-10 was the watershed, after that I gave a try for the Super License.. and was so much fun! S-7 is super fun, beating this is so satisfying.

Good luck and sorry for my english

• Like 3

On 3/7/2022 at 6:35 AM, Sicho said:

People here saying that the licenses are easy and I'm already struggling with the hairpin A-9 :D (this is my first GT btw)

A9 sucks but I managed to get 16 seconds, much closer to 17. I love the track but it was rough.

58 minutes ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

I just started the S license, the S-1 is the hardest gold for me at the moment (except the dirt ones that I only had bronze). I'm getting old or something, but with a controller cost me a lot to handle that lambo.

I play on manual, tcs 1, sensivity on 7, but on this challenge I change to 0.

S-3 is my favorite out of all of them. I just tried about 15 times to best my record. Finally did it, less that .300 of a second but I'll take it. I think it's 59.2 can't remember the last 2 digits. 

Finally finished story mode, and going back for the special license. I already did the S-9.

how are the other races compared to S-9? Is it the easiest of the bunch?

my god i did S-7, took me good 2-3 hours, that was the hardest challenge so far followed by AI-10, knew that was one of the harder ones, and descided to go for that one early.

Yep S-7 is quite tricky. I was quite shocked on my first successful attempt that I was 4 seconds off the gold time. Kept going at it though, improving bit by bit. That Super Formula car gives you surprisingly much grip, but never quite enough it feels like. That took me about 30 minutes maybe. It was the hardest one for me. I'm pretty good at racing games though (controller player), so keep that in mind. I ended up with a time half a second faster than gold.

Edited by Asimb0mb

32 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

Yep S-7 is quite tricky. I was quite shocked on my first successful attempt that I was 4 seconds off the gold time. Kept going at it though, improving bit by bit. That Super Formula car gives you surprisingly much grip, but never quite enough it feels like. That took me about 30 minutes maybe. It was the hardest one for me. I'm pretty good at racing games though (controller player), so keep that in mind. I ended up with a time half a second faster than gold.

Would you say that S-7 is harder then S-10, and much harder then the rest of the bunch as well?

7 hours ago, Megaman80 said:

Would you say that S-7 is harder then S-10, and much harder then the rest of the bunch as well?

Yes, hardest of all. S-10 is just about keeping it on the dry stuff. The first time I got to the end, I was immediately 2 seconds faster than gold. But yes I did need quite a few tries. Turns out I could have been more careful here and there.