Best spirit ashes for mage

Suporex

I am using +5 wolves but getting to the point I should probably update. What summon ashes you have best time with? and please no mimic or any end game ones.

I have that headless chick and was thinking about her but people say she doesn't hold aggro because of her teleporting... So what are your thoughts?

3 hours ago, Misshandlad said:

Oleg or whatever his name is should be accessible pretty early if you have the patience with one of those chariot tombs. He wrecks face until you can get mimic

Yeah Oleg would definitely be the choice for early/mid game. Very tanky and holds aggro better than Lhutel. But both should be subbed out for Mimic & Tiche when closer to end game. 

• Like 1

Banished Knight Oleg: 100 FP (>= 20 Mind), can tank Bosses for you, is gotten from Imp Statue Fogwall in literally the first dungeon. I used Oleg for my entire first New Game with my Miracles playthrough, started using Mimic after Final Boss. 

Oleg is great for getting long cast time spells off during specific windows on Bosses. 

You can get Mimic relatively early in the game if you’re competent at fighting Starscourge Radahn.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 0:59 AM, Suporex said:

OK, I have tried Banished Knight Oleg and Lhutel and I have better experience with Oleg. Seems he keeps agro better and staggers as well. he is +5 now and so far got with me to end of every battle.

Position yourself with Oleg between you and the Boss, especially high aggro Bosses for him to get aggro as quick as possible. 

Oleg was absolutely critical for me to get full Dragonsbreaths off on Bosses, so don’t be afraid of long cast time spells on Bosses aside

from the Red Wolf of Radagon. 

before you get mimic tear, use the skeletal warriors or whatever their name was, the one you get from the tibia mariner. They have the same thing that normal skeleton enemies have which is if they die they will revive if not hit  when on the ground. Most early bosses wont know how to kill them. Not great dmg but a nice way to draw aggro.

Outside of mimic, the only other two i used were the two insect/cockroach looking things with loads of arms that fired arrows, and the black knife niche. Can’t remember where that was from now, maybe from one of the jails.

if you looking for damage output black knife niche, I found at least, was way ahead of everything else. But mimic was bread and butter. Didn’t really do that much damage, but always held boss attention long enough to defeat them. Wouldn’t have been able to beat Malenia without the mimic I don’t think. They have patched it now, but I think as long as you use it for baiting rather than damage, it will maybe be just as effective at that as it was before patch.

• Like 1