How grindy is it?

Maahniac

43 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

At first, I was relieved to see no online trophies this time around, but... MyRise and MyFaction specifically look like very grindy modes. How bad are they? Are we looking at 100+ hours for this Platinum, or is it not so bad?

Completing all the lifetime challenge in MyFaction is where most of the time will be spent with the longest one being win 500 matches, depending how quickly you can finish those matches I guess. Say average 10 minutes per match depending on match type * 500 is 83 hours, so it's probably not far off 100 hours if not more depending on how quick you are to complete those matches.

Hard to say, Online is so damn finnicky right now, I can't even get on MyFaction long enough to even start it. I'm still at naming my stable, it kicks me out before I can. 

Although I am going to say that MyFaction might be a little harder than the rest of the game (depending on how you play), as the options menu specifically states that none of your options or sliders affect MyFaction. I prefer to be more in control of my matches, so I turn DOWN the sliders for AI (not all the way, but enough that they don't reverse so much). So you'll be stuck with complete default settings in MyFaction, so if you're like me and you prefer something more relaxing than the mode is likely going to be a bit of a headache.

MyRise is just Career Mode, so it really depends on how long it is overall. But going for trophies you do have to do both the Male and Female path. I haven't started it yet, I'm working on Showcase first. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

MyFaction is going to drive everyone nuts with the multi-person matches.  The 4-on-4 Faction Wars matches are just insane.  Every single pin attempt will be broken up without your teammates doing much of anything to help.  You have to knock out all four of the other team to get a chance for a pin.  You better hope the pipsqueak you are pinning doesn't have his foot under the rope or some ridiculous kickout, which they'll do far more often than is reasonable.  I pray for 1-on-1 matches in MyFaction.  Winning 100 4-on-4 matches may kill my soul.

• Like 2

Wow the a.u

6 hours ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

MyFaction is going to drive everyone nuts with the multi-person matches.  The 4-on-4 Faction Wars matches are just insane.  Every single pin attempt will be broken up without your teammates doing much of anything to help.  You have to knock out all four of the other team to get a chance for a pin.  You better hope the pipsqueak you are pinning doesn't have his foot under the rope or some ridiculous kickout, which they'll do far more often than is reasonable.  I pray for 1-on-1 matches in MyFaction.  Winning 100 4-on-4 matches may kill my soul.

Exactly. Its ridiculous how fast they go in ring even tough they supposed to be stunned. 

On 11/03/2022 at 10:55 AM, shlomaniac said:

Wow the a.u

Exactly. Its ridiculous how fast they go in ring even tough they supposed to be stunned. 

I have found that Its best to go for submissions in your team's corner, if you have a powerhouse , the bear hug works great as the CPU often misses their hits the first few times, giving you the extra time to get the sub.

Tag team matches really should have been overhauled if they were going to rely on them so heavily this year... i cant stand tag team matches, this is not a plat im going to be pushing for, im just going to take my time with it, no point killing yourself grinding out tag team matches.

I HOPE THE SUBMISSION TIP HELPS ! :)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SeriouslyBDCoan said:

I have found that Its best to go for submissions in your team's corner, if you have a powerhouse , the bear hug works great as the CPU often misses their hits the first few times, giving you the extra time to get the sub.

Tag team matches really should have been overhauled if they were going to rely on them so heavily this year... i cant stand tag team matches, this is not a plat im going to be pushing for, im just going to take my time with it, no point killing yourself grinding out tag team matches.

I HOPE THE SUBMISSION TIP HELPS ! :)

That's the thing, they DID overhaul these matches. There's 2 major things that don't happen anymore, that were bigger helps than we realized, but were attributed to poor AI.

1. In the previous games whenever you hit a Sig or Finisher your teammates ran in DURING the animation, now they don't and wait for you go for a pin or submission. Having them come in during the animation and knock guys off the apron or stand in the ring waiting for a run in gave you the advantage of them already be there to help. Now, the AI for both sides enters the ring at the same time, and your opponents tend to get to you first to break things up. 

2. In previous games, the opposing AI kind of stopped caring to run in after awhile. They wouldn't break up pins anymore. This was seen as a glitch, but in reality it helped a ton because they do nothing but run in now. Priority 1 is breaking up your pin/submission attempt...and now we see how annoying it is. 

Winning 6 and 8 Man Tag Matches is becoming more luck based than previous years, and it's become a chore. I still haven't touched Faction Wars yet because I just dread the thought of doing 100 8 Man Tag Matches. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

WWE 2k16 was an insane grind too, i gave up because you'd have to play forever without buying the points i think it was, that's very rare platinum too.

True. I'm enduring that grind right now for the Untouchable Trophy, it's a 70 hours grind for a lone bronze Trophy

By the way, I have always hated multi men tag team matches, do we really have to win 100 8 Tag Matches? God please, no.

15 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

True. I'm enduring that grind right now for the Untouchable Trophy, it's a 70 hours grind for a lone bronze Trophy

By the way, I have always hated multi men tag team matches, do we really have to win 100 8 Tag Matches? God please, no.

I don't remember much of the game so no idea sorry.

Also why are you doing it? You haven't got the online trophies and servers are gone, you shouldn't bother.

Edited by saiyanbloodstyle

1 hour ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

WWE 2k16 was an insane grind too, i gave up because you'd have to play forever without buying the points i think it was, that's very rare platinum too.

Yeah my second rarest Plat is 2K16. I went right into 2K17 soon after that. I spent 100 hours in Career Mode before realizing I still have 100 hours worth of the online to do that I hadn't even started yet...I gave up at that point, didn't Plat another WWE game until 2K20, and that was only because no one was playing it, so it was easy to connect with a boosting partner online. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

How hard is it to win these 4vs4 matches legitimately? Do the three non legal opponents always interrupt pinfall attempts?

Yes, which can get really annoying. However, the 4v4 Faction War matches can easily be cheesed by making the legal opponent submit. I repeatedly Hold R2 and press O after the submission gets broken up to go right back into it. It keeps everyone scrambling around and you can have another chance to mash the buttons to make them tap. Sometimes, the other opponents could get thrown out of the ring by your teammates, buying you more time in the submission. By using back to back submissions, I already got 5 wins.

• Like 1