PS1/PS2 games heading to PlayStation 4!

merciful84

Even if they did Sony wouldn't get any more money since you'd have to buy all those games used and Sony wouldn't benefit from that. It would, potentially, sell more PS4 systems though which is where they'd make the extra money. 

Parker

That's true, I guess I was thinking more of digital sales for some reason. But yeah, you're right, that would quite possibly entice more people into buying a PS4 and/or Vita since remote play of a PS1 or PS2 game on the PS4 would probably still work, hopefully lol.

Edited by BooneJusticius

Topics merged...

I created a topic about this months ago:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/12505-ps1ps2-games-heading-to-playstation-4/#entry254587

Not if they also offer those same titles for digital distribution

They've already offered a few PS2 games on the PSN for digital distribution but there is no way they'd ever get close to offering the whole PS or PS2 library. 

Parker

Topics merged...

They've already offered a few PS2 games on the PSN for digital distribution but there is no way they'd ever get close to offering the whole PS or PS2 library. 

Parker

Oh yeah, no they wouldn't. I guess it could be done for which ever ones are easiest to get and maintatin the license for.

PLAYSTATION 1 AND 2 GAMES WITH TROPHIES!!!!!!!!!

oRkl5.gif

if in any parallel universe that would exist, i doubt they would have platinum, there would mostly only be 8-12 trophies, some story related, collectibles maybe depending on the game

• 4 weeks later...

I'm starting fresh with the PS4 but it's certainly an awesome feature for everyone who has a need to still play the older titles. I would certainly like the ability to play PS3 titles as i don't own a PS3 and there are several titles that attract my attention.

Malfuras.png

I'm starting fresh with the PS4 but it's certainly an awesome feature for everyone who has a need to still play the older titles. I would certainly like the ability to play PS3 titles as i don't own a PS3 and there are several titles that attract my attention.

Malfuras.png

Get a ps3 then it has a HUGE list of top AAA games! Still worth buying a ps3 for quite a while from now on

PLAYSTATION 1 AND 2 GAMES WITH TROPHIES!!!!!!!!!

oRkl5.gif

I'd die if Legends of Dragoon was added with trophies. I'd buy it day one without no questions. Even if they ruined the gameplay (somehow) i'd STILL buy it. :P

Crash Bandicoot and Spyro would be cool with trophies

Probably forgetting others, could do with just LOD though honestly. (Have always wanted that game to be remade just for trophies and nostalgia)