''Scroll down to load another 100 games''

In my opinion the site should just do away with this feature altogether. Other sites are able to load entire trophy lists without causing problems.

It's no issue for the site, people generally don't want to load 800 images when visiting one page.

What Chrome version doesn't it work on for you?

Could we maybe make it an option? One thing I dont like is that I have 300+ games and I can't use a search function without scrolling to the bottom to load more so I might as well just look through anyways.

I'd definitely be okay with a search function for people with huge game lists.

For me, just like casa, find it to be a pain when I try to ctrl+F a game in my list (or someone else's)... it doesn't seem like something one would use often but its very useful if I'm trying to see if someone I know has played a game I'm interested in. Or to perhaps see if they completed a game faster than myself.

• Like 3

I never thought of that, probably because I always use Ctrl + F to search for a game, lol

I use that, but when the list isnt loaded fully because you have more than 100 games, you have to scroll down to load the rest to use the search on your browser, that was my point

it was so lazy all I saw was spinning loading signs for 30 seconds - and I'm still not sure why you'd want to load stuff without the pictures, but that's just a matter of opinion - also scrolling 100 takes some time as it is, so the time it takes to load the next bit is negligable in my opinion, I'm sure others won't agree

Either way, not sure if the OP actually got an answer ?

I use chrome on my phone and firefox on my PC, neither have had this scroll issue so far - does this always happen ?

it was so lazy all I saw was spinning loading signs for 30 seconds

You have javascript turned off for some obscure reason and that example doesn't have fallback for such case (but it's easy to implement it). If you disable javascript here, you simply won't be able to load more than 100 games.

and I'm still not sure why you'd want to load stuff without the pictures

Okay, I'll repeat it again, specially for you:

It's no issue for the site, people generally don't want to load 800 images when visiting one page.

also scrolling 100 takes some time as it is, so the time it takes to load the next bit is negligable in my opinion, I'm sure others won't agree

Because there's such thing as Ctrl+F. And this thing is better than any "search" since it's fast. Edited by vivan

It's nice to see a thread about this because I too recently noticed that this stopped happening and it's a pain in the bum.

If it won't auto load, at least have a button to manually click that says "load the next 100 games" or something. I hate when I organize someone's list alphabetically and can't see any of their games past G or H.

• Like 2

and I'm still not sure why you'd want to load stuff without the pictures

It's a bandwidth issue. Text requires hardly any bandwidth so you could load like 20 pages of text and it's the same size as one thumbnail (not really I just made those stats up but you get the idea). Some people have bandwidth caps, I use to have a provider where I was only allowed 30 GB per month and massive fees incurred once you started going over.

Most people these days don't have caps and they have high speeds as well so loading everything isn't really an issue, but for those who do have caps it's definitely a consideration.

• Like 1

Could we maybe make it an option? One thing I dont like is that I have 300+ games and I can't use a search function without scrolling to the bottom to load more so I might as well just look through anyways.

What this guy said. I just hit 360 games played. Itd be nice to get a search shortcut if possible.

• Like 1

It's a bandwidth issue. Text requires hardly any bandwidth so you could load like 20 pages of text and it's the same size as one thumbnail (not really I just made those stats up but you get the idea). Some people have bandwidth caps, I use to have a provider where I was only allowed 30 GB per month and massive fees incurred once you started going over.

Most people these days don't have caps and they have high speeds as well so loading everything isn't really an issue, but for those who do have caps it's definitely a consideration.

Honestly didn't think of the whole datacaps stuff and all - makes much more sense in that respect.

Edited by Memnoch