Shadow Ranger trophy

drevviill

I'm wondering. In the Regina chapter, can you kill the watchmen that are trying to kill you on the train car and still get the trophy?

I haven't kill anyone/monsters so far yet. So can i kill the watchmen in this Regina chapter?

Please let me know ASAP.

Oh Btw, Can you get the published trophy on Chapter select feature?

Edited by MyLordD

I got the good ending and not shadow ranger 1st playthru but I knew where a stuffed up so I just used my cloud save (ps plus) and overwrite the save and I got shadow ranger at the end, I had to replay 4lvls... just follow the tips so far and back up your save JUST IN CASE and its pretty easy 

MyLordD you can kill aliens as I killed everything in my shadow playthru, for publisher yes chapter select is fine I needed 5 ish when I was done

Edited by Da_Man-023

I'm wondering. In the Regina chapter, can you kill the watchmen that are trying to kill you on the train car and still get the trophy?

I haven't kill anyone/monsters so far yet. So can i kill the watchmen in this Regina chapter?

Please let me know ASAP.

Oh Btw, Can you get the published trophy on Chapter select feature?

The only thing you can kill is whatever ISN'T human. Nothing else, try to not even touch them if possible.

I achieved the shadow ranger on my first attempt.

Like everyone says: do not kill any humans. Animals can be killed as much as you like.

Lensinksy must be knocked out and Pavel must be "forgiven". 

The only time I fired at a human was in the final stage, D6.

I attacked the guy with the flamethrower, no problems there.

However, I knocked almost everyone out that could be knocked out.

Giving me plenty of ammo and weapons to easily kill of all the animals.

Thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate it. 

Now it's time to kick some alien butt. :)

Wish me luck. :)

One more question.  I left out the music instruments in revolution. Is it possible to replay the chapter and continue from there or should i do another play through?  ( Maybe when i'm going for bad ending i should just play them instead)

Edited by MyLordD

Thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate it. 

Now it's time to kick some alien butt. :)

Wish me luck. :)

One more question.  I left out the music instruments in revolution. Is it possible to replay the chapter and continue from there or should i do another play through?  ( Maybe when i'm going for bad ending i should just play them instead)

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to but it may be wise to start over just incase.

• 5 months later...

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to but it may be wise to start over just incase.

no, music instruments have to be played in one playthrough and cannot be done via chapter selection. Journal pages can be found via chapter selection, but the instruments have to be played in a certain order. (I missed the last one but when I selected the chapter it didn't count.)

I'm one of the lucky guys who got Shadow Ranger and Redemption in one and first playthrough.  There's a lot of luck involved with that, yes.

The guys gave some great tips already but:

• The dream sequence at the beginning does not count as human kills (already mentioned above)
  • Killing someone and then restarting at the checkpoint does not undo your killing. (also mentioned already) What I read somewhere though is that if you have a cloud for your ps saves you can load the last safe that got uploaded. not sure about that.
  • stealth as much as possible and play on easy. the NPCs are so dumb they normally don't see you even if you crouch right next to them. Walk as little as you can because they seem to magically hear that instantly. If you're not sure wether you're detected or not, take a look at your watch (blue = they can see you) or listen to the music. Hit square a lot and knock everyone out, it saves you a lot trouble.
  • Getting Redemption combined with Shadow Ranger is very advisable because saving everyone is giving you good moral points, so why not use them. Beware though, that there are scenes where you are not allowed to kill certain mutants for good moral points. Use a guide for this. (unfortunately I can't just post mine bc it was in german. this one looks good too.)
  • In Red Square, hide from the snipers at the back and wait until they're coming down for you. This is the nastiest moment in the whole game. Knock some out and then hide again until the huge gate opens on the other side, run there, knock the two guards down. Don't rush now. There are stairs and the, well, guy who's been screaing at you the whole time will stand and the end of them. shoot him - you need to do that in order to progress in the level. It will not kill him.  This goes on 2 more times until he is lying on the ground - don't shoot him then.

I'm emphasizing this because for some reason I couldn't figure out it was the same guy and bc I was scared of killing someone I didn't dare.

• If you are lost, don't be too proud to use a guide. sometimes you don't have time to take a look at the navigation every two seconds, especially because the game doesn't stop while looking at it.

have fun~!

Edited by Tepp-a

• 1 month later...

So I screwed up and pushed the wrong button on accident 3 or so times however I restared the checkpoint and the stealth trophies like invisible savior etc etc popped after I finished them. Does this mean I'm okay? Note I restarted right as the animation started

Edit : it didint pop I did however get redemption and true spartan

Edited by Kubanga

• 3 months later...

So I screwed up and pushed the wrong button on accident 3 or so times however I restared the checkpoint and the stealth trophies like invisible savior etc etc popped after I finished them. Does this mean I'm okay? Note I restarted right as the animation started

Edit : it didint pop I did however get redemption and true spartan

It doesn't work like that. Restarting at a checkpoint doesn't make it better. You must not KILL any Humans, unless it's unavoidable killing. Like the Dream, D6 and the like.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep trophy is obvious garbage im stuck on a fucking railcar with 4 people shooting at me in the chase and this is not "forced"? Oh my god that is so bad. I also like how the ai can kill eachother and void the trophy for u. What bullshit.

I did a third run for this and got it. It was H.E.L.L. 

I actually did it in one sit.

The Chase is a cluster*&%# chapter but it is doable just heal like crazy when you are in the railcar and in the second part speedrun through the enemies to trigger the cutscene.

There is one chapter that you have to be VERY careful as it can spoil your whole playthrough, and that is CONTAGION, because the enemies will jump into the fire if you raise the alarm. 

You gotta be sure you go through the WHOLE chapter undetected and you should be good to go.

You may have some trouble in Red Square but all you gotta do is survive until the gate is open, then you'll get a nice checkpoint.

And finally D6, do NOT kill anyone, the only thing you can do is blow up the tank and kill the Flamethrower guy in the end.

You should get the trophy pop during the final cutscene (if it doesn't freeze). To me it froze and I heard the BING in the background, restarted and there it was.

Hope it helps!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In the Pavel chapter, Pavel killed a guard with a throwing knife. Does this void the chance of me getting the trophy at the end of the game?

EDIT: I just finished the game and got the trophy! So it doesn't matter if Pavel kills a guard or not.

Edited by TekkenKing10

• 2 weeks later...

In the Pavel chapter, Pavel killed a guard with a throwing knife. Does this void the chance of me getting the trophy at the end of the game?

EDIT: I just finished the game and got the trophy! So it doesn't matter if Pavel kills a guard or not.

lol thats funny

• 1 month later...

Just got this trophy a few minutes ago on my first (Redemption) playthrough.  A couple tips:

**WARNING - POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

* Stealth every human level you can and try not to knock anyone out

* Stealth Contagion without knocking anyone out, this way they won't die in the fire (just turn off lights as you go and use the upper platforms and wait for enemies to pass)

* Bandits - stealth up to the area with lots of fires, shoot out the lights from a distance with a silenced weapon, then run up on the 2 guards and knock them out quickly

* The Chase - crouch in the car, pop up for a split second when you're passing big fuses boxes to reduce the fire you take (popping up and down seems to throw off the NPCs aim), you'll use 3-4 medkits before getting on the train - once on the train shoot out the lights in the first section and knock out each guard, then just charge and knock out the guards in the second section (you can usually find a medkit or two as you go, and will probably need 1 per train section) --- **This section is easy on easy difficulty, but if you play on hardcore, you may need to greatly adjust this strategy**

* Depot - utilize all the underground tunnels, there's tons of them, and using them you can completely avoid most enemies

* Red Square - when you meet Pavel and the snipers run to the back corner and hide behind the wooden barrier, eventually a couple waves of snipers will jump off the roof and come for you, knock each one out until the big gates open, knock out the 2 guys there and then put a couple rounds in pavel at each staircase until you reach him and the cutscene

* D6 - hide behind cover and then hide some more, when the tank comes go around the concrete barrier behind you for cover and use the sniper rifle to shoot its wheels until they fall off, then shoot the blueish-white light and it will explode ** IMPORTANT - only shoot the tank when it rolls to the right side of the track, shooting it on the left can accidentally kill random reds!  When the flamer comes, shoot him in the tank/head until he blows up (you wanna aim for the tank, otherwise you'll empty your sniper clip over and over and not make much progress).

Take things slow, never fire your gun near humans, and you should get it just fine. Good luck!

• 2 months later...

I have a problem with my shadow ranger run... i was playing the mission after the "bridge" at some point i got killed and now everytime i restart Artion is without mask and i can't control him so he dies shortly after... my question is, can i use chapter select to restart that mission and continue from there, or do i have to start a new game?

• 1 month later...

I have found a workaround for this trophy, if you didnt unlock​ it on your first playthrough and want to make your second playthrough alot easier.

you must be a PS+ member and maybe you need two ps3

1. complete game

2. on second ps3 connect a new user to your psn account. DONT SYNC TROPHIES!

3. Transfer your save file ( This can only be done after 24 hours )

4. Install game ( REMEMBER YOU MUST NOT SYNC TROPHIES. it must be 0%)

Your stats should now have been reset. including any humans you have killed.

If you enter the pause menu and look under Diary, you can see that all the notes you have found are gone

5. Complete Last mission D6, and kill only the flamethrower guy.

6. The Shadow Ranger Trophy should unlock during the end credits. ( It did for me )

If you dont have a second ps3, then you can try to delete the user on the one you have and then connecting it to your PSN account again. but i dont know if this works.

Also if Shadow Ranger is the last trophy you need, you probably shoudnt try this method, as i dont know how it affects the platinum.

I just saw today that my collectibles didnt come back after i synched the trophies, so maybe your stats doesnt come back either.

Its all about deleting the user and then connecting a new user to your psn account & the trophy data being re-installed, when you install the game again.

they have the same workaround on Xbox 360 when they delete their player preferences.

on ps3, player preferences & game progress is the same savefile, so thats not possible.

Anyway its a nice workaround if the trophy is pissing you off.

the same method works if trophies glitch on you.