Not an easy platinum

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair to the original poster, this game isn't easy at all. However it's the hardest of easy games if that makes sense.

Like you need to be good at twin stick shooters. Certainly my mum couldn't get Platinum on this game but she could get Platinum on Pig D.

The problem though comes from a game players point of view, I died a fair few times on Terminator Salvation, but not to the extent where I be stuck for very long, and the game is very short, and since the game has a ton of checkpoints, it's easy to get the game with perseverance. It all depends on how quick you are to give up, fueled primarily because each time you die and waste 5 minutes of your life trying again, in the back of your mind you're probably thinking "Oh but I could have got a platinum on another game by now". Likely psychological pressure of not progressing flawlessly and making you angry is making the game seem more difficult than it is.

This is the trouble though with having a scale of 1-10. There's just not enough numbers, to the extent that 90% of games need to fall in 2, 3, 4 and 5/10 due to all of, having very game playing skills. Some games are easier for some and not for others.

Still, Terminator Salvation while easy on the whole and it's short too, it does have some dick move gameplay, and since it was made to be an actual game, and not a 5 second platinum popper app. So compared to that, almost anything would seem hard. I am decent at, and familiar with first person shooters, so of course I would find this game easy.

I am pretty sure you can play the whole of Terminator Salvage on split screen coop right? If anyone is struggling on this game, should definitely get a friend over.

• Like 3

On 7/8/2022 at 2:48 PM, DeepEyes7 said:

Good times when this was one of the easiest plats to get along with Hannah Montana... Now you only have to press one button to get a plat in 2 mins...

Because you had to show actual effort and determination to finish these games. 

Nowadays people just sit on their ass looking for upvotes on Instagram and Twitter. 

We just get more and more lazy as time goes on.

• Like 1

The guy is a troll :-D

This is one of the easiest PS3 games of all time. I remember my buddy came to my house with this game and large crate of beer. We got the platinum having great time getting wasted by the en of the day. Very very easy one, especially in the brutal PS3 era. Of cause comparing to today "story mode" games this feels hard. I am not even talking about one click Mayo games, just literally any story mode on any shooter is a joke these days. Things were very different in PS3 era.

Platinum was the big achievement usually requiring people to beat games on very hard plus a lot of bullshit multiplayer like "kill 3 people in ranked matches with one grenade", etc.

Edited by vanslayder
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Just to clarify for anyone reading this before playing - Salvation is neither a Twin Stick Shooter, nor a First Person Shooter…

it’s a 3rd Person cover-shooter…

…and not a very good one.

lol Sorry. I meant to say a first/third person shooter that HAS twin stick movement (first / third person/ cover shooter etc, honestly these games all control the same)

Moving with two sticks, instead of one honestly ups the difficulty if you're not used to it. Like my wife has problems playing Walking simulators because even those games use sticks for movements, instinctively people find tank controls easier for basic movements.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is still super easy. Yeah it has a few annoying sections, especially those on rails take a few tries, but nothing that should cause you mental breakdowns and ragequits. It’s an old, trashy game with a kinda so-bad-it’s-good B-movie charme. Even that part of the beginning of chapter 7 took me only 4-5 tries. Anyone who says this is harder than Uncharted on Crushing or CoD on Veteran needs to see their doctor cause they may have broken thumbs or something like that.

On 7/6/2022 at 5:00 AM, TheSalemCrow said:

Don't listen to what anybody says, this is one of the most frustrating experience I've had with a game in years, all you have to do is beat the game on hard but the hard mode is extremely unfair and no fun at all. The ai doesn't kill anything, the shooting just doesn't work something and enemies take forever to kill while you can die in a few shots and have to repeat massive sections again, I don't recommend it to anyone looking for an easy platinum especially in 2022.

Dude, Terminator: Salvation is a 3/10 AT BEST. It got only some random enemies CPU killing you on some chase levels but THAT'S IT, everything else is straight forward.

There are several cases of games with some "Easy guides" but actually "trap games that are harder than expected" but Terminator Salvation nor Terminator Resistance are any of these games.

Some of these games I'm talking about are as it follows:

Michael Jackson: The Experience HD (PSVITA)
G-Force (PS3)
Young Titans: Legacy (PS3)
History: Great Battles Medieval (PS3 and this is a fuking 8/10 I swear)
Planet 51 (PS3)

There you got some examples.

• 2 months later...