[PATCHED] You still can play on the old launcher.

TheRealHardyBoy1

Update from June 21, 2022. With the release of the new Season today, it is not possible to play on the old launcher anymore. You can still log in, but trophies won't pop on the old version anymore.

I was just browsing through the forum and saw this post:

and I wondered if it's still the case. I just tried it and I confirm that you still can play on the old launcher. All you have to do is this:

1. When starting the game, press X multiple times until you are in the main menu.
  2. the Error Message will still pop up but you'll notice that you are searching for a game.
  3. now that you are in the game, the error message will still be there, but you can play the game. win or lose it, it doesn't matter
  4. when the game selects the new round, just press O and quit the game
  5. now you are in the main menu and the error message is disappeared. you can play / change shows as usual

You can earn trophies and even party with people who only use the new launcher. But they do have to accept the invite from the in-game friend's menu and not via the PlayStation invite. All stats are also transferred instantly between new/old launcher. So you don't need to worry about playing on the old launcher.

Here's a quick video I made:

Use it while it works. I assume on June 21, when the game goes free to play, it might not work anymore.

Edited by TheRealHardyBoy1
  • Like 1

On 8-6-2022 at 2:02 PM, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

I was just browsing through the forum and saw this post:

and I wondered if it's still the case. I just tried it and I confirm that you still can play on the old launcher. All you have to do is this:

1. When starting the game, press X multiple times until you are in the main menu.
  2. the Error Message will still pop up but you'll notice that you are searching for a game.
  3. now that you are in the game, the error message will still be there, but you can play the game. win or lose it, it doesn't matter
  4. when the game selects the new round, just press O and quit the game
  5. now you are in the main menu and the error message is disappeared. you can play / change shows as usual

You can earn trophies and even party with people who only use the new launcher. But they do have to accept the invite from the in-game friend's menu and not via the PlayStation invite. All stats are also transferred instantly between new/old launcher. So you don't need to worry about playing on the old launcher.

Here's a quick video I made:

Use it while it works. I assume on June 21, when the game goes free to play, it might not work anymore.

Can someone confirm this still works?

1 hour ago, Colin said:

Can someone confirm this still works?

I just did with the video didn't I? :D

41 minutes ago, darkjjda said:

i once did the glitch but after the first match the screen reapered

You have to quit between the rounds, not before that. and not when a new round startet.

7 hours ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

I just did with the video didn't I? :D

You have to quit between the rounds, not before that. and not when a new round startet.

Yea but the post is two days old thats why i'm asking, epic games loves to screw good things over, and i'm at work now so i can't do it for another 5 hours.

Edit: got it to work, now to unlock the two teophies that didn't autopop 

Edited by Colin

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Update from June 21, 2022. With the release of the new Season today, it is not possible to play on the old launcher anymore. But you can still log in, so trophies SHOULD still pop on the old version.

Can confirm that they do NOT autopop on the old PS4 launcher.

Another unobtainable platinum sadly.

EDIT: Just got two trophies on the new PS4 launcher then booted up the old and no luck

Edited by RDT1
clarification
  • Like 1

Can also confirm backwards autopop no longer works. Got "Quite Dashing" and "Big Tease" today and they aren't popping up on the old client when launched any more, however, I am not sure if customer support will unlock them for you if messaged, I haven't tried that yet

On 21/06/2022 at 6:54 PM, Ragneryn said:

Can also confirm backwards autopop no longer works. Got "Quite Dashing" and "Big Tease" today and they aren't popping up on the old client when launched any more, however, I am not sure if customer support will unlock them for you if messaged, I haven't tried that yet

This is well worth a shout, as the support team have generally been pretty decent at popping trophies when glitched in the past

That said, if they can no longer actually do it we are stuck :)

there's actually a small chance that it will be fixed. because even if you do trophies on ps5, they won't unlock on the new ps4 launcher and vice versa. so there's an issue somewhere which they will fix. and maybe, when they fix this, it will hopefully be fixed for the old launcher as well.

• Like 1

On 24/06/2022 at 2:18 AM, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

there's actually a small chance that it will be fixed. because even if you do trophies on ps5, they won't unlock on the new ps4 launcher and vice versa. so there's an issue somewhere which they will fix. and maybe, when they fix this, it will hopefully be fixed for the old launcher as well.

This could be true. I complete one trophy on NA version but it wont auto pop on EU. It popped on Xbox fine on start up. Then i went earned 2 achievements on Xbox. Tired to auto pop it on both PS4 version but it didn't. Did get race win on PS4 and still didn't unlock. It auto pop on Steam fine so there is some trophy issue on all PlayStation version. Maybe once it sorted OR version could start working.

On 6/26/2022 at 1:59 AM, BlueyZeal said:

This could be true. I complete one trophy on NA version but it wont auto pop on EU. It popped on Xbox fine on start up. Then i went earned 2 achievements on Xbox. Tired to auto pop it on both PS4 version but it didn't. Did get race win on PS4 and still didn't unlock. It auto pop on Steam fine so there is some trophy issue on all PlayStation version. Maybe once it sorted OR version could start working.

I auto popped trophies for Eu version on the 26th of June and now I platted the NA version but EU won’t auto pop my last 2 trophies /:

8 minutes ago, DiabloFlashS said:

Hey um any confermation that you can go back and pop on the old lancher Im seeing a lot of mixed messages

You can't go back to the old launcher and pop trophies since the game went free for all on June 21st. Maybe and this is a huge MAYBE when they fix the trophies on the new PS4 launcher / PS5 (They don't pop on the other version if you complete them on one version) then it will be hopefully fixed on the old launcher as well.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

You can't go back to the old launcher and pop trophies since the game went free for all on June 21st. Maybe and this is a huge MAYBE when they fix the trophies on the new PS4 launcher / PS5 (They don't pop on the other version if you complete them on one version) then it will be hopefully fixed on the old launcher as well.

I see...I did notice a message on the QNA for fall guys official from 18 days ago it seemed to be implying trying to get the trophys to pop again on the OR list but for now all we can do is wait and see.

Hey Guys, I’ve got the Platinum since 2 days now on the EU version. Unfortunately I didn’t pop-up on the OR version. I really hope that there bring a Update, that it could be possible to get the trophy on the OR Version. 

Edited by Zgamix_

Also now got my platinum and would like to renew ps plus just to autopop the original trophy list, but I guess we're not getting that option. I heard the ps5 trophy list is starting to get fixed, too. If they don't connect the old launcher again by the time they've sorted the ps5 list then it's pretty much 0 chance of ever working again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...