Standalone version out now

30 minutes ago, Vivis_apprentice said:

It says in the store free to those who own AC Valhalla 

Dutch store is perhaps more specific, which states Discovery Tour is already included in Valhalla with a free update.

I own Valhalla, this standalone version is not free.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got around to playing this since it was on sale.

It took me 2 hours and 45 minutes on the PS5 version doing it as fast as possible skipping text, etc.

It's also crossbuy so I loaded up the PS4 version and my save transferred. Nothing autopopped but it's very easy to get the 100% again. You just need to replay the Seaworthy quest to completion, take a photo mode picture, replay the Where Fates Align quest to the point where you pet a cat, and then re-collect one of each type of learning that didn't unlock doing those two quests. It takes maybe 20 minutes.

Also, to answer my previous question, this version does not unlock any rewards for AC Valhalla. and the saves don't transfer from Valhalla Tour to standalone tour.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 1:00 PM, snakebit10 said:

How would this be for someone who hasn't played Valhalla?

Hard to say tbh, have you played any of the other Discovery Tours in Origins or Odyssey? It's like those but with a short narrative for once that's kinda neat. It does kinda spoil certain late-game areas though if you care about that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pokedude97 said:

Hard to say tbh, have you played any of the other Discovery Tours in Origins or Odyssey? It's like those but with a short narrative for once that's kinda neat. It does kinda spoil certain late-game areas though if you care about that.

Thanks. I have done origins discovery tour and loved it. If it has spoilers I'll wait until I play through Valhalla.

59 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Thanks. I have done origins discovery tour and loved it. If it has spoilers I'll wait until I play through Valhalla.

Cool sounds good. Incase you didn't know, Valhalla also comes with it for free and has ingame rewards (I think you get a skin and some weapons for beating it) but no trophies. This version is just standalone and has trophies but no ingame rewards for Valhalla. (Weird)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2022 at 10:00 PM, Pokedude97 said:

Finally got around to playing this since it was on sale.

It took me 2 hours and 45 minutes on the PS5 version doing it as fast as possible skipping text, etc.

It's also crossbuy so I loaded up the PS4 version and my save transferred. Nothing autopopped but it's very easy to get the 100% again. You just need to replay the Seaworthy quest to completion, take a photo mode picture, replay the Where Fates Align quest to the point where you pet a cat, and then re-collect one of each type of learning that didn't unlock doing those two quests. It takes maybe 20 minutes.

Also, to answer my previous question, this version does not unlock any rewards for AC Valhalla. and the saves don't transfer from Valhalla Tour to standalone tour.

The cross-save is automatic? There’s no way to opt out of it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 26-11-2022 at 11:19 AM, madbuk said:

The cross-save is automatic? There’s no way to opt out of it?

My situation: PS4 and PS5 version installed on the same PS5.

Completed the PS5 version to 100% first while connected online.

When I started the PS4 version while connected online I had the option to 'Continue' and that seemed to load my latest PS5 save because when I did a manual save on the PS4 version it showed none while I made one with the PS5 version. Although it might as well have loaded something from online/Ubisoft servers. This gave me the same situation as Pokedude had: Trigger everything once to get each trophy.

I never uploaded a save in the PS5 version or imported a specific save in the PS4 version so that all happened automatically.

But to answer your question: I think you an opt out of it by selecting 'New game' instead of 'Continue' when you boot the PS4 version (or PS5 version if you started with the PS4 version)

It might also be possible to opt out of it by playing each version on a different console or by deleting the saves of the first version you played before you start the second version. But that would assume the 'Continue' option loads the local save and not something from online/Ubisoft servers and I don't know for sure what was loaded at that point.

If you actually read and watch everything it's about 5 to 6 hours to 100% from scratch.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1