Community Puzzle: The Case of the Missing Couple

Ok so I solved the square, had some problems with some words but didn't affect the solution.... lol I also used badasses lol. The trophy letters and the clue I am terribly confused

Spoiler

T,H,E, S,E, T,I,W,S,N   AND THE CLUE SAYS THE GAME HAS BEEN FEATURED IN PSPLUS but then it points out 3 and 7... means two words.

THE WITNESS

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 1

@HusKy Haha, I just replied to the thread you made about that topic. Do you mean the first spoiler tags I posted or the ones from the post I made a few hours ago? Because I can open both of them normally now, and the first one doesn't even contain emojis. Can you open one of them and not the other? Or do both work / not work for you?

2 minutes ago, DonFrancesco said:

@HusKy Haha, I just replied to the thread you made about that topic. Do you mean the first spoiler tags I posted or the ones from the post I made a few hours ago? Because I can open both of them normally now, and the first one doesn't even contain emojis. Can you open one of them and not the other? Or do both work / not work for you?

Don't want to go too much offtopic here but yeah, both spoiler tags do not work for me because both posts contain an emoji somewhere.

Visit first page directly through this URL and try to open those spoilers: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/128112-open-community-puzzle-the-case-of-the-missing-couple/

Do not go 1 page back as that will magically fix them. ?

2 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Don't want to go too much offtopic here but yeah, both spoiler tags do not work for me because both posts contain an emoji somewhere.

Visit first page directly through this URL and try to open those spoilers: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/128112-open-community-puzzle-the-case-of-the-missing-couple/

Do not go 1 page back as that will magically fix them. 1f914.png

But that's the thing - the first post does not contain any emojis. The second does, but the first doesn't. So that can't be all there is to it.

But yeah, you're right, let's not derail this thread too much. Although it would be great to find a solution for this, since spoiler tags will obviously be used regularly here.

Late to the party, but just did the crossword myself. I wound up with:

Spoiler

Letters: E S N I T E H W S T

Unscrambled: The Witness

A very curious password given the detective theme... and checks out with what others have gotten as well

As for clues, I laughed and was disappointed at the same time with the clue for 26 down... 11 across had me thinking it was a specific game for way too long and was very mad at myself when I realized haha. And 22 down, I definitely only saw the incorrect correct-answer. Nice puzzle though!!!

Edited by Im2Fast_4U
bad at remembering numbers
  • Like 1

Well, ended up with the following answear, which seems to be the correct one as the others are getting the same:

Spoiler

The Witness

I also thought immediately on badasses for 22 down actually, but the one that made me think a bit was 32 (which I actually find funny when i got it ahah)

• Like 1

Puzzle 2 of 9

Rubiks-Crash.png

Thanks PSNP, that was a valiant effort! There were some blistering speeds in the solve of that first one.

I have seized Jane's laptop and brought it back to my office. When I entered the password, which was indeed:

Spoiler

The Witness

...the laptop presented another puzzle.

The completed first puzzle looks like this:

Spoiler

Puzzle-1-SOLUTION.png

To give you some context on how important I consider your help, be aware that my leads are fairly elementary at the moment: 

Kevin's bank account hasn’t been used for a month since he withdrew $3,000 from an ATM one block from the apartment. According to my banking inquiries, he has no other accounts except for some cryptocurrency and stock market investments that he buys into quite heavily. Otherwise, he usually withdraws his savings as cash. 

Jane has no other accounts other than the ones connected to the bank cards that were left behind. 

I've seized Jane and Kevin's mobile phones (they were left behind in the apartment) and am attempting to gain access, although I don’t have a code, so it is likely to take a few months while the computers brute force their way in.

Neither Jane nor Kevin have additional phone numbers registered to them. I've got nothing at the moment to suggest that they have additional phones. 

I’ve also spoken with Robert Smith quite a lot. He is actually a Police Sergeant. He doesn’t like Kevin. He hasn’t approved of Jane's relationship since it began. Robert describes Kevin as a “stalker-type" that managed to trick his daughter into loving him. When I asked Robert more about this, he told me that Kevin met Jane at her Starbucks three years ago and had managed to move into Jane's apartment with her within a month of them dating.  

Robert does not have any other evidence of Kevin “stalking” Jane, but his gut feeling about Kevin has always been off. Robert has not approved of any of Jane’s boyfriends. 

Jane’s mother passed away from an autoimmune disease while Jane was four. 

Kevin’s parents died in a car crash five years ago.  

Neither Jane or Kevin have siblings or other close family. 

Neighbours describe Jane and Kevin as a quiet and sweet couple who make no noise, always smile when they pass in the hallways and elevators, and, once, Kevin came over to one neighbouring apartment to remove a mouse that had been terrorising the elderly owner. 

Some of my most immediate inquiries will include speaking with Jane’s employer and collecting CCTV from the aforementioned ATM and the area surrounding Jane and Kevin's apartment block. 

Good luck with the second puzzle. It looks like a Sudoku, which I hear are fairly simple for puzzle-lovers.

Again, I’ve transcribed it to a website for those who can’t print it off, although it might just be easier for you to copy it down onto a piece of paper for yourself so that you’ll know where those little green question marks are.

https://sudokuexchange.com/play/?s=030007008000691000072000500794000200000079010005080000000052300100700000060008070

Good luck!

- Vice 

Sudoku 

Welcome to the vault, Batman. A class of schoolchildren are locked inside and you only have 30 minutes to get them out. 

Figure out the numbers of my four Riddler Trophies and then arrange them in ascending order to unlock the vault: _ _ _ _ 

Puzzle-2.png

@DrBloodmoney

@MAUSZX

@DonFrancesco

@Im2Fast_4U

@DoctorDrPepper

@YaManSmevz

@rjkclarke

@MattbluePT

@HusKy

@GuitaristZag

Edited by Platinum_Vice
  • Like 4

I only do this on my phone so I ain't got no spoiler thing to use. Don't wanna answer the first cuz I saw what it was? I'll message you my solution.

Also, the fact that the sudoku site has a timer? RUDE!! My dumb ass felt mad judged???

Anyway in case I haven't already, I wanted to give props for your creativity man, this is such a dope challenge??

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

I only do this on my phone so I ain't got no spoiler thing to use. Don't wanna answer the first cuz I saw what it was1f623.png I'll message you my solution.

Also, the fact that the sudoku site has a timer? RUDE!! My dumb ass felt mad judged1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

Anyway in case I haven't already, I wanted to give props for your creativity man, this is such a dope challenge1f60e.png1f44a.png

Use [ spoiler ] message here [ /spoiler ] without spaces on mobile to spoiler tag

• Like 2

What I have so far, will try to come up with full answer:

Spoiler

ROcket League

MAss Effect

Ni no Kuni

The Last of Us

ICo

edit. Can't figure out 2 and 5. I give up.

edit2. OK, now only number 2 is left.

edit3. Done. xD

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, HusKy said:

What I have so far, will try to come up with full answer:

Hide contents

ROcket League

-- ?

Ni no Kuni

The Last of Us

-- ?

I like what you have so far. Maybe someone can give you a hint for #2 and #5?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

A couple of clues for those two (assuming I'm right, of course - but I think I am!)

Clue for 2:

Spoiler

Weight without gravity would also have consequence.

Clue for 5:

Spoiler

Great game, and a game changer, but tends to live in the shadow of a colossally good sequel

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

Alright, I got it done. And I know some of you may call this cheating but just hear me out...

Spoiler

I couldn't figure #2 out, even from the additional clue. I have never played the game before and had no idea about its lore, story and characters. I knew the answer was "ROMANTIC" at this point from the other 4 answers.

However I figured DrBloodmoney surely must have played it.

So I went to his profiles, loaded all 713 games and then ran this little one liner in the developer console looking for all games starting with "Ma":

jm3fXvm.png

... Mass Effect ... ? Yeah that sounds about right.

Little bit of Google-fu looking for "mass effect michael jackson" and bingo!

iYdCBRr.png

If this isn't detective work then I don't know what is! B)

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 4