Gaming for the Animals [EVENT HAS CONCLUDED]

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

Hey, I am glad it didn't need 100% or I would have never platinumed it because (bleep) the skateboarding challenges. X(

That's a good point, I plan to go back and 100% it at some point but right now I'm sick of Spyro.

Also for @MissShake a question.

I just now 100% completed Crash Bandicoot, I only needed the gold relic trophy for Stormy Ascent, because I already had the platinum before the event even started I can not include this in the event right?

If I can then I'll use it for a Capybaras vote. If not then forget this vote.

(I changed my vote because @breakingthegreen posted a cute capybaras gif, plus they are cute)

Also holy crap maybe I should take a break from Animal games, already completed 5/6 of them xD

Edited by Sylvanticore
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sylvanticore said:

That's a good point, I plan to go back and 100% it at some point but right now I'm sick of Spyro.

Also for @MissShake a question.

I just now 100% completed Crash Bandicoot, I only needed the gold relic trophy for Stormy Ascent, because I already had the platinum before the event even started I can not include this in the event right?

If I can then I'll use it for a Capybaras vote. If not then forget this vote.

(I changed my vote because @breakingthegreen posted a cute capybaras gif, plus they are cute)

Also holy crap maybe I should take a break from Animal games, already completed 5/6 of them xD

If the game has a plat, then the plat is what we need. So in this case that won't count, I'm sorry!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

As a note, I started playing TALOS PRINCIPLE, because it was on my backlog and it has a cat in the cover art... guess what? no animals in the entire game, so just if you are thinking on going for that game, it does not feature an animal.

Spoiler

There is a cat in the game. It shows off as an easter egg and is even in the ending if you get that easter egg before you finish the game.

22 hours ago, MissShake said:

Important update, please read!

Hey guys, I have a couple of things I need to mention here!

We are close to the release date of Stray, and I know a LOT of people in here are planning to play this game for this event! But I would like to gently let everyone know that I would like you to wait at least a week AFTER release date to claim it for this event! That way we have time to get an idea of where it falls as far as the time for completion goes.

Second, I will be going to Comic Con for the weekend. This means that I will be pretty much gone from Wednesday to Sunday! I'll do what I can to update here whenever possible, but I know for a fact that I'm going to be very tired after every day of walking around. Please be patient with me during this time.

I hope you have a great time! stay safe and wear a mask if you can!

As for the timing of completion for Stray, I am also currently playing through this for the event, might do it twice if no auto pop but no idea if that is allowed anyway, looking at the trophies for this game, if anyone has somehow got the platinum in under 2 hours I'm calling shenanigans considering you have 2 trophies that are time related, 1 for speedrunning the game in under 2 hours and another for having your cat sleep for an hour of realtime and you get the very first trophy of the game within 5-10 minutes of playing and can't sleep ingame till chapter 4.

Will of course wait a week before declaring it for the event though :)

Edited by Sylvanticore
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, reaperveteran86 said:
  Hide contents

There is a cat in the game. It shows off as an easter egg and is even in the ending if you get that easter egg before you finish the game.

Wow cool, the dlc mentions some cats I thought it was just like a meme, but it seems there can be actual cats when you wake up. Lol

Cool, still I don't think it counts for this event, but hey, thanks for giving me that info.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sylvanticore said:

I hope you have a great time! stay safe and wear a mask if you can!

As for the timing of completion for Stray, I am also currently playing through this for the event, might do it twice if no auto pop but no idea if that is allowed anyway, looking at the trophies for this game, if anyone has somehow got the platinum in under 2 hours I'm calling shenanigans considering you have 2 trophies that are time related, 1 for speedrunning the game in under 2 hours and another for having your cat sleep for an hour of realtime and you get the very first trophy of the game within 5-10 minutes of playing and can't sleep ingame till chapter 4.

Will of course wait a week before declaring it for the event though :)

Masks are luckily required at all times during the event, so I will definitely be following that rule! :D

You are allowed to stack games as long as you don't autopop it yourself, so that should be okay! Yeah I already told someone else to wait a week on a new release so it's only fair that we wait on Stray as well :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissShake said:

Masks are luckily required at all times during the event, so I will definitely be following that rule! :D

You are allowed to stack games as long as you don't autopop it yourself, so that should be okay! Yeah I already told someone else to wait a week on a new release so it's only fair that we wait on Stray as well :)

Fair enough! Be safe and have fun out there!

Yesterday I immediately started and platted Stray so of course I have to use it for this event too.

This time around I'll be a bit more basic (even though it didn't have any votes until now ?) and choose to vote for the orca, as they were one of my favourite animals as a kid :)

Edit: I only just saw the update about waiting a week to submit this game, but can't delete my post, so I guess you can ignore this for now ? (even though this game definitely can't be platted in under 2 hours lol)

Edited by Dzware
  • Like 1

New question. I've been playing Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl for this event. Unbeknownst to me there's a way to autopop the plat but I have been just been playing it normally. How does that work with the rule about the times since you can pop it in a second but i'm actually playing the game legit?

3 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

New question. I've been playing Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl for this event. Unbeknownst to me there's a way to autopop the plat but I have been just been playing it normally. How does that work with the rule about the times since you can pop it in a second but i'm actually playing the game legit?

Other people have used Nick All-Stars before, it's fine!

• Like 2

Platinumed Bugsnax, surprisingly fun game.

I vote for Monarch Butterfly. I try my best to help them since they breed here during the summer months, but last year almost all my adult milkweed was lost to a bacteria, and the ones that weren't had all the Monarch caterpillars eaten by hornets. I still managed to help out 3 caterpillars grow into butterflies since I could shield some younger milkweed. This year though... nothing at all. I think they could use all the protection they could get.

6 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

Platinumed Bugsnax, surprisingly fun game.

I vote for Monarch Butterfly. I try my best to help them since they breed here during the summer months, but last year almost all my adult milkweed was lost to a bacteria, and the ones that weren't had all the Monarch caterpillars eaten by hornets. I still managed to help out 3 caterpillars grow into butterflies since I could shield some younger milkweed. This year though... nothing at all. I think they could use all the protection they could get.

We actually decided that Bugsnax will not be available for this event, sorry about that!