Big update on Steam

GasOji

Well this must be a nightmare for everyone who did the Plat. 

I honestly would be super pissed about this, if I had spent months on training in this game to achieve the plat. 

But let's see how exactly it works. But it almost sounds like you could quit the game and then backup your save and continue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stealthlevel100 said:

Thanks for sharing the news!

I have the plat and I don't mind or care much about the patch because the date I got the plat is associated with my profile1f602.png

It was a nice 1000-1100 hours experience I will never forget in my life. It taught me dedication and that I am a special person who can do something not many can ever dream of doing. Something too difficult for the average person that the creators had to find a way to make easier because normal people cannot do it and will never be able to it.

The moment I got the plat I spent jumping in my room for 15 mins? it felt more exciting than graduation day when I got my bachelor's of computer science degree at university

I also have a trophy in Watch dogs ps4 called something like "Drinking games"  I got that legit as well before they patched it. Ubisoft patched and nerfed and made it easier because the community complained it was too hard.

The way you think is great. I've been playing NecroDancer since 2 and half months ago and spent over 600h in it. I was so discouraged to see the update that I wanted to quit it but you make me feel like keeping on it. Thank you! No one can take your shiny platinum away.

Edited by GasOji
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

I doubt that this is patched because people complain about the difficulty. Not five years later. 

If the devs would care about such complaints, they would have patched it way earlier. 

You're right. Patches are intentional. The developers want players to have the changes they’re implementing. They’re probably trying to attract new players by making changes to counter the reputation the game has been given. 

It's a shame because it was nice seeing that one platinum that stands out but whatever, I don't regret doing it legit one bit, was mostly an enjoyable experience. I know I would be tempted to abuse the save system if I had a chance so I'm pretty happy it didn't come sooner. 

• Like 3

Quite a shame, I wanted to eventually get the platinum normally, but knowing that it may be exploitable like the Atari Flashback games makes me not really interested in the challenge anymore, it would be just another ultra rare game done. It would be ok if using the quit and save feature locks any trophy on that run, but I really doubt that.

So in case the backup exploit works, the only tough thing to do should be a Coda run since you still need to spend some time practicing (close to mastering I'd say) double tempo on each level and non-story boss anyway.

• Like 1

Can I ask a favor. Please contact to the devs that saving doesn't count the trophies at least Coda and Lowest. I want CotN to stay as the hardest platinum. The more people request the more devs listen to it. They are not a big company so this may be effective. 

If CotN gets easier, what is the next hardest platinum? Badland? SMB?
Crypt of the NecroDancer is at least 5-10 times more difficult than these! I swear trophy hunting becomes somewhat boring after the patch.

• Like 3

People have already asked the devs on discord to look into it and make it so these two trophies in particular won't be cheesable via save scumming and the devs acknowledged it.

Edited by Mori

5 minutes ago, Mori said:

People have already asked the devs on discord to look into it and make it so these two trophies in particular won't be cheesable via save scumming and the devs acknowledged it.

Nice. I am more motivated to tackle these trophies now. I seriously hope they do so...?

A patch or a glitch that makes trophies easier shouldn't devalue the hardwork and dedication people put into getting it legit, like FFIX Rope King and the 10k enemies, most people used a script to get those but I decided to challenge myself and do it legit, well there's no way for me to prove it but I know how hard it was and that's enough for me.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

A patch or a glitch that makes trophies easier shouldn't devalue the hardwork and dedication people put into getting it legit

It shouldn't, but it usually does. 

Because the reputation of honesty with these trophies has been perverted. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

A patch or a glitch that makes trophies easier shouldn't devalue the hardwork and dedication people put into getting it legit, like FFIX Rope King and the 10k enemies, most people used a script to get those but I decided to challenge myself and do it legit, well there's no way for me to prove it but I know how hard it was and that's enough for me.

For the people who get the plat before a change like this is implemented then yes, obviously it goes without saying that their hard work can't be devalued. But it's a little unrealistic to think that people would even tell the truth about their usage of exploits, glitches, or ez patches. That's not a comment on you really, but it's a general thing

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

For the people who get the plat before a change like this is implemented then yes, obviously it goes without saying that their hard work can't be devalued. But it's a little unrealistic to think that people would even tell the truth about their usage of exploits, glitches, or ez patches. That's not a comment on you really, but it's a general thing

I get you and I agree, what I meant is that these accomplishments should be more self rewarding that's all, but we are on a trophy hunting site so my point is kinda mute.

• Like 2