Deus Ex: Foxiest of the Hounds Trophy help.

What exactly do you have to do to get this trophy? I didn't set off any alarms I made sure not to let any enemy set an alarm off. I was not seen by any camera. I did the playthrough without killing anybody and used stealth the whole game. I was seen by one turret for a second tho. I was told that you needed to get the 'smooth operator' bonus for all places that an alarm is present. There is like 20 of them in the game and I know for a fact that I did not get all of them. I think that is why the trophy didn't pop up.Hara_Hatsuharu.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

basically, here is a general rule of thumb: if the alert level goes to "alarmed" (at somes points it doesnt automatically, ignore those), then you done goofed....even if its for a second, if it goes alarmed outside the areas that it does as part of the game? your caught

• 2 months later...

basically, here is a general rule of thumb: if the alert level goes to "alarmed" (at somes points it doesnt automatically, ignore those), then you done goofed....even if its for a second, if it goes alarmed outside the areas that it does as part of the game? your caught

This is not true. Enemies can be marked as alarmed, even hostile, and you can still get the trophy.

The following conditions will cause an alarm to sound:

• Walking through a laser tripwire
  • A camera sees you (and turns hostile) or sees the body of an enemy
  • An enemy uses an alarm panel - it will turn red and you will hear the alarm
  • Running out of time after the trace discovers your point of origin during a hack
  • Destroying a security camera by any means

The following conditions do NOT cause an alarm and will NOT disable the trophy:

• Enemies being "alarmed" to your presence or "hostile" to you (be warned, when hostile they will go for the alarm panels... best to just reload if this occurs)
  • Being seen by an enemy turret or robot and it going to "hostile"
  • Disconnecting from a hack before or during the trace
  • A camera being in "suspicious" mode
  • Key points in the game where alarms sound as part of the storyline.

The "Smooth Operator" bonus is a good way of telling if you got through an area without an alarm, but not every main objective grants this bonus so it can be a bit confusing.

Edited by simula67
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Man, I just finished my second playthrough and got Legend & Pacifist but not this trophy.

I'm sure I got Smooth Operator everywhere so even though I got 20 save files, I don't know where to restart...

Can anyone confirm whether or not setting off mines affects this trophy?

Also, Isaias Sandoval was hostile on me and started shooting. Does this have anything to do with it?

The only other thing I can think of is a guard may have found a body? Will definetely need a new playthrough :S

Enabling turrets or robots to help you kill enemies auto nullifies this while still getting you the smooth operator bonus (as I found out last night in a fit of rage) could this be something you had done? Other than this it could possibly be a found body issue.

Edited by Jamm

Well, I only disabled turrets/robots (was going for Pacifist which I got).

I think they must have found a body somewhere or someone heard a Wall Punch and made an alarm after I already passed through the area (this actually cancelled a Smooth Operator bonus for me in Hengsha docks so I reloaded that part!)

I will try a replay without taking someone out or breaking walls just to be sure...

Well, I only disabled turrets/robots (was going for Pacifist which I got).

I think they must have found a body somewhere or someone heard a Wall Punch and made an alarm after I already passed through the area (this actually cancelled a Smooth Operator bonus for me in Hengsha docks so I reloaded that part!)

I will try a replay without taking someone out or breaking walls just to be sure...

The reload is actually probably the issue. Deus Ex has a weird bug where alarms and mistakes effect the reload immediately after the error. I missed out on this trophy once.. the second time I did everything the same way except I reloaded twice if I made a mistake. Ya know, just to be sure.

Almost want to mention that, though the DLC is pricey, it's 5-6 hours long and pretty damn good if you're looking to extended that playtime as well as that trophy count.

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Ugh this fucking game. Second playthrough finished and no trophy even and didn't even get Doctorate even tho I followed a guide meticulously.

I used the Turret to kill enemies at the part where you wait for the Funicular. Is this what screwed me? I disabled that alarm panel before I called the elevator. I'm thinking it was either that or the reload glitch as I was careful to get every single smooth operator bonus listed in the wiki. I think I set off one mine somewhere as well.

Man what a bad design, that it doesn't tell you if you messed up. Doesn't help that I really don't enjoy this game in the first place.

• 2 months later...

Foxiest of the Hounds popped for me on my only playthrough.  Did a one playthrough platinum and had no real issues.  I even failed 2 or 3 hacks, they were all in hub area's though with no alarm panels present.  Hopefully they fixed these issues people are having in the recently released directors cut.  I'll be starting that one pretty soon so we'll see if my luck carries over.  One thing I made sure to do though was hack every alarm panel I could, especially in area's where I needed to knock out a lot of enemies.

• 1 year later...

I know this might be obvious....but if any of you out there are panicking because of enemies going hostile during one of your side missions, don't be.

trophy description says NOT triggering the alarm system ( I believe there are no alarms available in all of the side missions), therefore you should only worry about not getting caught during your main missions.

just saying that because I did not know it in the first place, hence I reloaded a lot of CPs during the side missions.

• 2 weeks later...

if u are going for foxiest u pretty much have to live in the vents never kill or stun heck never go anywhere near an enemy if u can vent crawl do it if u have the invisability and silents= abilities then and only then run through levels but keep the recharge gel stuff handy basially be more of a ghost than a ghost cause this game likes to mess u up u can be 3 floors and counting away from ur last kill or stun and itll trigger alarms and never tell u if u do decide to kill or stun drag enemies into the vents with u and closethem and then u should be ok

• Like 1

depending on if u have story dlc id say less than 8 hours if i remember i basically just avoided everything and got to the end as fast as i could lo so i think mine was way less than 8 hours but i platinumed the directors cut ages ago so i dont remember but i got regulr edition recently just to re run everything cause its such a freakin awesome game

• 3 months later...

For guys who having troubles with this trophy, in addition to this post I would like to tell my story using my bad english skills :)

I beat game 10 times (PC and Director's cut counts too) and found that if you going for Foxiest trophy you must make situation where alarm is possible , but not started. For example, some solder sees you and grabs his weapons - just take him down before he touched alarm panel. Also, try to run on camera's eye, so it's turned yellow with suspicious status, then hide before it's start real alarm. I got this trophy on my "Slayer" run, where I killed everybody, so do not be scared about enemy sees you in for this trophy and remember, alarm can be started only by humans(alarm panel),cameras and turrets( be careful with this ones).

Good luck, spy-boys.

Edited by PostalDudeRus
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Got both trophies my first playthrough, luckily. Here's my own personal compilation of tips for both trophies:

Foxiest:

• Cloaking will let you slip past everything: Cameras, Turrets, Robots, and even Laser Grids. Use this to run past everything once you unlock it.
  • DON'T get cameras "hostile" or trigger lasers. (cameras can become yellow/alarmed)
    • Destroying cameras sounds an alarm. Disable via security terminals, EMPs, or the stun gun.
    • EMPs alert lasers, so must disable via stun gun/terminals.
  • DON'T get shot by turrets / robots (it alerts enemies), but it's OK to make them briefly hostile.
  • DON'T fail hacks (traced countdown reaching zero). Save before hacking. Triangle to safely quit hack (and try again).
  • DON'T let bodies get found.
    • DON'T hide bodies in vents, as it can reportedly kill them.
    • Don't let them get seen by cameras or other patrolling/suspicious enemies.
  • DON'T get scared by scripted alarms, but DON'T act like you're safe. Act like there's double alarms.
    • Scripted base alarms: Sarif Plant, Tai Yong Medical Penthouse, Singapore. (and a few other similar areas, where enemies are naturally alarmed/hostile).
  • DON'T set machines friendly (to attack enemies).
  • DO check for SO bonus (+250) upon finishing story objectives, especially scripted alarm sequences.
    • Not all objectives reward SM as they don't involve alarms.
  • OK to be seen / shot by hostile enemies. Just subdue before they pull alarm.
    • Tactic: shoot at walls to draw enemies toward them. (when they're not watching you)

Pacifist:

• Confirm unconscious (ZZZ) status after body is subdued/moved.
    • Avoid tranq rifle, as it can glitch kill (shows skull).
  • EXERT CAUTION with unconscious goons.
    • Don't hide bodies in vents or other hazardous areas.
    • Ensure they can't fall to their death, drown, electrocute, etc.
  • Don't punch people through walls.
  • Don't (in)directly kill enemies with turrets; even their death explosions count against you (Good Soul trophy).
  • Observe corpses that are already present in a room; no need to fear you killed someone.
Edited by Thropy_Hore
  • Like 3

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...