10 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

At least Aabs Animals had only 5 trophies, no platinum, and had you look at cute kittens for 5 mins 1f43e.png1f431.png1f408.png 

Now look at the state of trophy lists...what have we become ? 

I have more Platinums than you, haha.

35 minutes ago, ConAir said:

I wonder if this is really rewarding (considering the cheap price of the games and the fact this company has to pay a fee to place the product in the PlayStation Store and for the ESRB/PEGI ratings). On the other hand, that hasn't stopped them from releasing new stuff. Maybe they finance the stuff through crowdfunding or public funds. 

Oh it's very rewarding, this developer pushes out at least 4 titles every Sunday, sometimes more. Over a year alone, this is 52x 4 x 0.5 dollars = 104 dollars.

They are cheap but like micro transactions on mobile, at first, it's a just half a dollar. But buying a few gets you invested in the economy, and then you buy more, cos otherwise your rivals overtake you.

That is where the profit is. So think about it, if you buy a year's worth of them, that's 104 dollars, a full price deluxe collectors edition of an actual game worth of value, that the dev gets and from a single.

If they weren't turning a profit, there wouldn't be all these other series, from other devs springing up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Oh it's very rewarding, this developer pushes out at least 4 titles every Sunday, sometimes more. Over a year alone, this is 52x 4 x 0.5 dollars = 104 dollars.

They are cheap but like micro transactions on mobile, at first, it's a just half a dollar. But buying a few gets you invested in the economy, and then you buy more, cos otherwise your rivals overtake you.

That is where the profit is. So think about it, if you buy a year's worth of them, that's 104 dollars, a full price deluxe collectors edition of an actual game worth of value, that the dev gets and from a single.

If they weren't turning a profit, there wouldn't be all these other series, from other devs springing up.

Certainly - when your “dev costs” are essentially just the store-listing fees, it won’t take too many sales to start turning a profit 

59 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

At least Aabs Animals had only 5 trophies, no platinum, and had you look at cute kittens for 5 mins 1f43e.png1f431.png1f408.png 

Now look at the state of trophy lists...what have we become ? 

Only real legends looked at the cute kitties for longer than 5 minutes

I am so glad I stopped caring about trophies in this kind of obsessive manner. I may regret the past, but the way it's gone now is just too far. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

But at what cost ? :(

I partially agree with you, trophyhunting feels a bit pointless to me right now when all you have to do is buy the trophies. I don't know what my future will look like in this regard.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Letenko22 said:

This, this right here is just brilliant. Now all we need is somebody to write a script so that anyone who has this on their profile will have their profile picture changed to a clown emoji. 

In all seriousness, we hit the bottom when we got 10 minute platinums, now somebody handed us a shovel and the community being  just eager to get to the true bottom got to digging down and down and down and down. Here you can't even clasify this as a game... Pig D made by my fellow Slovaks has more "gameplay" than this and that is saying a lot. Can't wait for people to just outright buy trophies right form the playstastion store in a few months and then we can have some great back and forth about that... slippery slope? Maybe, but at this point I don't think it's too far fetched.

I miss when the biggest "shame" was having Terminator Salvation, Linger in Shadows or Hannah Montana: The Game on your profile. I'll hold out hope that most people will stay away from this.

I have Linger in Shadows : (

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I thought Linger is Shadows was kinda cool :dunno:

Yeah Linger in the Shadows was great, an interesting kind of tech demo and actually pretty tricky without a guide. The other game that was usually sold alongside it, I forget its name. Where you had a dancing elephant running around some chairs and had to listen to an mp3 of your own, I also bought that, that "game" was trash.

• Like 2

Just now, enaysoft said:

Yeah Linger in the Shadows was great, an interesting kind of tech demo and actually pretty tricky without a guide. The other game that was usually sold alongside it, I forget its name. Where you had a dancing elephant running around some chairs and had to listen to an mp3 of your own, I also bought that, that "game" was trash.

haha - I don’t remember that one - sounds like a Fantasia-induced LSD trip! ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

.Detuned I think that one was called.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

haha - I don’t remember that one - sounds like a Fantasia-induced LSD trip! ?

I had a look at my list, and the game was "detuned". Linger in Shaows was a great 3D tech demo, something out of the PC/Amiga demoscene and at the time was a very unique game/idea. Certainly nothing like that on the PS3 up till that point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I had a look at my list, and the game was "detuned". Linger in Shaows was a great 3D tech demo, something out of the PC/Amiga demoscene and at the time was a very unique game/idea. Certainly nothing like that on the PS3 up till that point.

I played .detuned!

I don’t remember the elephants though - just the dude in the chair ?

Was supposed to be a test for something bigger, but I don’t think it ever went anywhere ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I played .detuned!

I don’t remember the elephants though - just the dude in the chair 1f602.png

Was supposed to be a test for something bigger, but I don’t think it ever went anywhere 1f914.png

I'm pretty sure you spin the analogue sticks around and the guy's head turned into an elephant and he got up and did a circular dance around the chair.

I could have been very drunk at the time though as I only played it once lol

I mean, on some technical level it's better to waste 5 seconds and $0.50 on this than to waste 5+(?) hours and $20(?) on Hannah Montana when the goal of playing through both games are the same: the plat. Jane gives you a plat and multiple hours left over for better games while Hannah wastes half a day of your time leaving you less room for better games. 

i.e. Jane = best girl

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, enaysoft said:

It's less than that. Sony takes 30% of every sale, unless there's a threshold before they take a cut, which could be why the "games" are sold for so little.

I would love to see the financials for this developer.