Servers closing August 12th.

breakXedge

Since I have achieved my last Killzone Shadow Fall MP trophy today and I am not really interested in Killzone Mercenary (I do not even own this game), I thought about starting RIGS MCL (Since I got this game at some point in the past and honestly do not know why. Was it free with PS+ at some point?). 

Watched some videos about this game and YouTube and liked what I saw. Also I like games which mechs (enjoyed Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries a lot and I know that RIGS MCL is no Mechwarrior game).

Can somebody tell me if that game is really making fun while playing or should it better be skipped? Can somebody who has started this game fresh right know, tell me what he/she thinks about this game?

Edited by Geridian

8 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Can somebody tell me if that game is really making fun while playing or should it better be skipped? Can somebody who has started this game fresh right know, tell me what he/she thinks about this game?

The game is a lot of fun, I boosted it about a year ago, and you actually 'play' while boosting, just make sure you or your boosting partner wins at the end. The single-player campaign is also good, you have to buy and purchase mechs that you think will help you on your journey while also hiring teammates. They all have different pros and cons, really fun to tinker with them all. I cannot recall the name of the mech I used the most without looking @KyonKuchiki, you must know which one I'm referring to . . . 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

The game is a lot of fun, I boosted it about a year ago, and you actually 'play' while boosting, just make sure you or your boosting partner wins at the end. The single-player campaign is also good, you have to buy and purchase mechs that you think will help you on your journey while also hiring teammates. They all have different pros and cons, really fun to tinker with them all. I cannot recall the name of the mech I used the most without looking @KyonKuchiki, you must know which one I'm referring to . . . 

Agree with Mike and Killswitch is the amazing mech you should prioritize in getting. He’s a god in end zone and good in power slam. A vampire mech is probably best for team death match due to getting full health back per kill

• Like 3

@MikeCheck-- and @KyonKuchiki Thank you both very much for your input. Also hope others find your comments helpful as I do.
Now you both got me interested in this game more as I was before :D.
Will start if after collecting more information regarding the SP.. I really plan to much when I start games.
Also there is a boosting session for this game where I try to take part.

Edited by Geridian
Added link

17 hours ago, Geridian said:

@MikeCheck-- and @KyonKuchiki Thank you both very much for your input. Also hope others find your comments helpful as I do.
Now you both got me interested in this game more as I was before :D.
Will start if after collecting more information regarding the SP.. I really plan to much when I start games.
Also there is a boosting session for this game where I try to take part.

Plus it's also a juicy Ultra Rare 0%'er, if that sort of stuff titillates you ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Plus it's also a juicy Ultra Rare 0%'er, if that sort of stuff titillates you 1f602.png

The SP still is no easy thing.
If you do not go for trials first before doing the SP tournaments, you will get owned fast because you have not enough fans and money for good RIGS and especially: Good teammates.

A bit offtopic:
You can hear the Killzone Shadow Fall menu theme/main theme playing in the background (it is played at reduced loudness, but you can hear it if you listen), while being yourself in the hub for SP and MP stuff.

22 minutes ago, Geridian said:

The SP still is no easy thing.
If you do not go for trials first before doing the SP tournaments, you will get owned fast because you have not enough fans and money for good RIGS and especially: Good teammates.

A bit offtopic:
You can hear the Killzone Shadow Fall menu theme/main theme playing in the background (it is played at reduced loudness, but you can hear it if you listen), while being yourself in the hub for SP and MP stuff.

To be honest, I've found the trials to have been the most annoying thing I've done so far. The races in particular. Suppose the rest is easy enough.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

To be honest, I've found the trials to have been the most annoying thing I've done so far. The races in particular. Suppose the rest is easy enough.

Currently I am doing the trails like this:

1) Do all of the trials in the stadiums and at least score any medal.

Later, when I have got better RIGS I think I will do this:

2) Redo the trials later with better RIGS for a better score, more fans and money. Simply because RIGS you unlocked can ne choosen for the trials IF they are from the right class the trial is tied to.

-->This way I think they are less annoying.

Currently did the first two stadiums and scored mostly gold, some platinum and some silver rankings (Really lucky that there is no trophy for "get all trials to platinum rank.).

So maybe only 2 stadiums left and since Zürich does not count for trophies, it is optional for fame/money.

/edit Hm, maybe I have messed up something, do not know: 
Rio de Janeiro, Macau, Nevada, Dubai and even Zürich completed, each show 10 of 10 .. but no trophy.
.. I hope that I do not need Platinum Rank for all stadiums besides Zürich, because the wording "Exhibitionist - Complete every Trials challenge" imo does not mean "Complete every Trial with highest rank".

@ScintillaWolf @MikeCheck--Can you tell me if it is a requirement to platinum rank ALL challenges? Thank you very much in advance!

/edit2: Cleared itself: Did all trails again to get any score -> No trophy. Then I had to shutdown the console because I had to do something else -> After that I restarted console and the game -> Then the trophy popped at the main menu.
--> Platinum rank for all challenges is definitely not needed :)

Edited by Geridian
Added question about trials

On 22/7/2022 at 4:21 PM, The Moose Knuckler said:

You only need 1 other person to start a match but they have to be on the opposite team. It will fill in the other players as bots.

Does it have to be in different teams? Me and a friend played in the same team agains bots and reached division 7 very easily.

2 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Does it have to be in different teams? Me and a friend played in the same team agains bots and reached division 7 very easily.

I always had to be in separate teams to actually match up but if you and your friend managed to start a match against bots being on the same team that's great!!

• Like 1

I would like to point out that you can do the earlier seasons in idle mode. Maybe a less good thing to say here since this game will be invested with idlers just like eve but ey. Especially with motion sickness coming in to play, this is a real good solution. It works even better if you have a booster on the other team.

As explanation on how the system works.

As stated in the guide:

you get +1 point for completing a match.

You get + 4 points for winning the match.

Every season takes always 10 matches. If you reached the points required. You still need to finish all 10 matches!

Next to that if the lobby isnt full, it will fill up with bots.

The division rankings:

Division 10 takes 

14 points to promote. 

Division 9 Takes

14 for safety, 20 to promote

Division 8 takes

17 for safety, 23 to promote

Division 7 takes

22 for safety, 28 to promote

Division 6 takes

27 for safety, 35 to promote

So why do I say idle?

You and boosting partner on other team are just gonna idle by rubberbanding right stick.

for example. Season 10 takes 14 points to promote. From the 9 games played the bots on your team will only need to win 1 game! It spares an 1-1,5 hours of playing legit. vise versa on the other divisions but you might need to do a legit game in between. Because the higher the divisions the harder it is.

though again as focus point been motion sickness this will dose the amount of games playing legit while still doing the game in a relatively fast manner.

--

Also it would be entirely possible by rubberbanding it all the way through though. again the chances of you succeeding would be lesser for each division. Because promotion of division 6 requires 7 games won in a season. That amount is definently not impossible.  But you might as well help the game a little bit to get it done :P

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 3

Quite a shame, this is a game I'd like to have tried out at some point. It's sitting in my library for somewhere (probably Plus?) and I just never feel in the mood for VR. I don't know how active the online community was before anyway so maybe I'd already missed the boat to experience this fully anyway. Though there's single-player content right? So I guess I could still play it later down the line and just miss out on the multiplayer aspect. Ah well, it is what it is.

On 30/07/2022 at 2:50 AM, JohnCenaSong- said:

Quite a shame, this is a game I'd like to have tried out at some point. It's sitting in my library for somewhere (probably Plus?) and I just never feel in the mood for VR. I don't know how active the online community was before anyway so maybe I'd already missed the boat to experience this fully anyway. Though there's single-player content right? So I guess I could still play it later down the line and just miss out on the multiplayer aspect. Ah well, it is what it is.

The online trophies can be wrapped up in about five hours total. We had a solid group of 6 people on a Saturday and we blasted the lot out in one session. So you still have time.

Edited by ScintillaWolf
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

It's also worth pointing out not to 

The online trophies can be wrapped up in about five hours total. We had a solid group of 6 people on a Saturday and we blasted the lot out in one session. So you still have time.

In my opinion 5 hours would be greatly underestimated. Between long waiting and loading screens, half-times and other game interruptions, completing a single match sometimes seems to take forever. My friend and I put in about 4 hours and we are only about halfway through.

Not to be picky, but your own trophies reveal an 8+ hour gap between your first online match and completing division 6. ?

4 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

In my opinion 5 hours would be greatly underestimated. Between long waiting and loading screens, half-times and other game interruptions, completing a single match sometimes seems to take forever. My friend and I put in about 4 hours and we are only about halfway through.

Not to be picky, but your own trophies reveal an 8+ hour gap between your first online match and completing division 6. 1f609.png

I finished my last division games with randoms as my group had to go and I was behind everyone else by a few games. So the overall session was five, maybe six hours at a push. Plus with being a full six, we weren't constantly waiting to group up or having to drop out of games, outside of the occasional disconnection.

That being said, eight hours is still by no means a massive barrier to getting this game done for anyone wishing to start now before the closure. So I still stand by the fact people shouldn't be put off by starting it, even if you could only dedicate a few hours a night or so.

Edited by ScintillaWolf

18 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

That being said, eight hours is still by no means a massive barrier to getting this game done for anyone wishing to start now before the closure. So I still stand by the fact people shouldn't be put off by starting it, even if you could only dedicate a few hours a night or so.

That is true. I'm just done boosting this over two afternoons with another player. It's completely doable by August 12th for anyone with minimal dedication. 

On a side note, I strongly advise anyone to take advantage of the online mode while it's still there to grind out the 50 million followers.

Maybe that's just me being bad at the game, but I was still 13 millions short after fully completing the online, the trials and the three leagues + tournaments. Yet I made sure to complete sponsorships as often as possible. You can easily make 3 to 4 times as many followers in online vs offline, so I was able to shave off many hours of horrible grind this way.

3 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

On a side note, I strongly advise anyone to take advantage of the online mode while it's still there to grind out the 50 million followers.

Maybe that's just me being bad at the game, but I was still 13 millions short after fully completing the online, the trials and the three leagues + tournaments. Yet I made sure to complete sponsorships as often as possible. You can easily make 3 to 4 times as many followers in online vs offline, so I was able to shave off many hours of horrible grind this way.

Using online mode is also helpful with Connoisseur trophy way early. I've had it idled out  since about 10 pm last night and now have over 730k credits (which easily covers all the Rigs needed for the trophy). Just get a turbo controller, map it to X, and you'll get it after 8 hours or so. The grind to 50 million fans for Superstar trophy will take longer though.

EDIT: I bought all available Rigs but the trophy didn't pop. It's likely to happen later on in the game as I complete the leagues and more become available.

Edited by POEman553

5 hours ago, POEman553 said:

EDIT: I bought all available Rigs but the trophy didn't pop. It's likely to happen later on in the game as I complete the leagues and more become available.

Are you 100 % sure you didn't forget any ? Some can be easy to bypass if you don't scroll right or left. As far I know there are no extra Rigs unlocking through solo mode. 

4 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Are you 100 % sure you didn't forget any ? Some can be easy to bypass if you don't scroll right or left. As far I know there are no extra Rigs unlocking through solo mode. 

I went all the way to the left and all the way to the right and I wasn't missing non-APX rigs. I did accidentally buy an APX rig and I'm wondering if that caused the problem. I'm also wondering if the game has strict progression that it won't happen until after I complete the leagues 1-3.

5 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I went all the way to the left and all the way to the right and I wasn't missing non-APX rigs. I did accidentally buy an APX rig and I'm wondering if that caused the problem. I'm also wondering if the game has strict progression that it won't happen until after I complete the leagues 1-3.

That's weird, it definitely sounds like the trophy bugged out on you. I find it unlikely it will pop out later. If I were you I would consider restarting on a new save right now but that’s a tough decision.

7 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

That's weird, it definitely sounds like the trophy bugged out on you. I find it unlikely it will pop out later. If I were you I would consider restarting on a new save right now but that’s a tough decision.

I'm likely will. I've been using the online to afk grind out to Rank A and hopefully Superstar trophy will pop. I'll delete my save after I get it, stay offline (since the servers do keep the credits/rank progression) and try again. It sucks, but that's what I'm afraid I'll have to do.

EDIT: Superstar trophy popped but only did so after closed out of the game. Connoisseur trophy didn't pop even after I uploaded the save, redownload it and was offline.

Edited by POEman553

Yeah you definitely don't need to boost divisions. You just have to play the first 3-5 matches in each division normally depending on how many points you get then quit on the rest so like 15-25 full matches in total. About an hour per division 

Edited by olliebear66t