A suggestion about guides.

32 minutes ago, ProLeo0808 said:

It would be really cool if there was a way to add guides to a single trophy instead of a whole game. I really like the system on (URL not allowed) or Trueachievements.com. It would be very useful if a game doesn't have a guide but there is one trophy. Also, it would encourage so many people to write these guides because they are much quicker and easier. On the websites,I mentioned there is a little thing on your profile that says something in the liner of "70 solutions" so people would be writing guides for trophies. I really like this feature and I think they should make this a thing.

As has been suggested the many times people have brought up bringing Trophy Tips back, you can always make a small guide for one trophy and post it as a thread for that game. It'll be much appreciated still and people will have the chance to comment on it. 

Anyway, this is still (to my knowledge) the official stance on trophy tips:

I would have loved to reply to Sly but that thread has been closed. Many, many times I have to look on TrueAchievements or Astats to find help for a certain trophy. The ability to write a guide/tips for a singular trophy is a godsend, I have written quite a few myself on Astats and would love to do so here, but the is no option for it, unless I make and entire game guide. Once again we are at the same place we always are, it's Sly's website, he can do whatever he wants...

• Like 3

This is honestly so true, for multi platform games you can go on TA, find the trophy/achievement see the amount of guides it has, upvotes and all the comments all in a second or 2. Not to mention multiple people can comment or make guides giving plenty of options to see what works for you. It’s great and has helped a lot of times. It’s actually helping me at the moment with serious Sam ?

• Like 4

Yeah. As useful as the guides on this site are, I'm constantly finding myself going to other sites because the method in the guide isn't working or the game has been patched or just because I want to get the perspective of other players. I've found a lot of very good tips from TA and other such sites.

Sure, some are low quality, but they're meant to supplement a full-length guide. I got a lot of random tips on the school bus that were a lot more helpful than the "official" guide in Nintendo Power, and it puts a lot less stress on guide creators to provide every solution and update the guide after every patch.

• Like 2

I rarely ever use the guides feature on this site because I find them to be mostly useless or of poor quality. My go to site for guides is always TT/TA. The written walkthroughs are always of a very high quality, and in the case their isnt one or I only need info on one specific trophy, there are the community written guides for each individual trophy. Its just a miles better guide system then one we have in place here.

• Like 1

I've suggested this myself in the past but since the owner of the site more or less straight up said "no", it feels kind of pointless to push it further. PSNP in general is also more being maintained rather than evolving and adding new features. Weird how the biggest trophy hunting site lets a dedicated Xbox site be the best place to find info about trophies but it is what it is.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, amurnin100 said:

Too low quality in 2015 and the circumstances never change 1f914.png come on, if there is a demand for it , fulfil it, that’s how a business runs and your giving us more options on how a guide / trophy is written….

See the thing is people, myself included, gave the website money already and there is no incentive to add new features. Don't get me wrong, I use the site enough to get my money's worth and I do not regret it, but I doubt Sly has any reason to change or add things if he likes the way the website is right now. I highly doubt it would bring any more money. On the other hand the hands off approach indirectly gave birth to PSNP+ thanks to @HusKy's efforts, which is insanely good and I honestly wouldn't ever go back to using regular PSNP.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

See the thing is people, myself included, gave the website money already and there is no incentive to add new features. Don't get me wrong, I use the site enough to get my money's worth and I do not regret it, but I doubt Sly has any reason to change or add things if he likes the way the website is right now. I highly doubt it would bring any more money. On the other hand the hands off approach indirectly gave birth to PSNP+ thanks to @HusKy's efforts, which is insanely good and I honestly wouldn't ever go back to using regular PSNP.

The money really should be going to

him as he’s upgrading what the site should have 

• 2 weeks later...

Sly Ripper is barely on this website if at all. The last time he did anything substantial was back in 2017 - 2018. Since then he’s mostly popped up here and there, perhaps to do a minor change or two. 

Husky is doing far more work on this website, and I still think he isn’t getting the credit he absolutely deserves.