Lords Of The Fallen [October 13, 2023]

ziggypossum

Lords of the Fallen releases Friday, October 13.

A vast world awaits in all-new, dark fantasy action-RPG, Lords of the Fallen.

As one of the fabled Dark Crusaders, embark on an epic quest to overthrow Adyr, the demon God.

lotf-2023-se.jpg

lotf-2023-de.jpg

lotf-2023-ce.jpg

Edited by ziggypossum
october 13, friday
  • Like 3

Soooo the official title of the sequel...is the exact same as the previous game? Sure...that won't get confusing at all. Naming conventions for games today have gotten so weird. 

However, whoever approved Iron Maiden for the trailer deserves a raise. 

• Like 2

I'm one of the people that platinumed and enjoyed the original LOTF, and this surpsied me on how crazy good it looks, Unreal Engine 5, next gen, offline singleplayer option, badass tone, great character designs, preorder for sure

Edited by THE BLADE IS ME
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

So far it looks like this game is shaping up to be one of the best of this genre on the market. Really impressed with the evolution and how refined this looks compared to the original. The development team behind this have done a great job so far and it’s clear they are very passionate about this project and the world they’ve created.

I do agree with a lot of the YT comments stating that the impact animations and audio effects could use some improvements so weapons feel a bit more weighty. Particularly the big weapons and special attacks and whatnot, because in a game like this you really want to feel how devastating and powerful it is when the enemy eats one of these epic attacks. But it’s still early and what we’re seeing so far looks really fantastic.

• Like 1

@dieselmanchild Well, the game looks great overall, but the only thing that worries me the most is the UE5 engine and optimization.
Anyway, I'm gonna play this game on the release date, already pre-ordered, also Elden Ring DLC won't come out till spring 2024 I suppose, so I don't have a choice :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 10:17 PM, Mellenthin said:

Could anybody confirm if the sequel is actually named The Lord of the Fallen?

If it is, I will regrettably have to pass it up.1f614.png

It was changed again to "Lords of the Fallen" same name as the original, for some reason.

It's looking pretty good but I'm still a bit cautious, the first game felt very clumsy.

They should just call it Lords of the Fallen 2, but that's not a major sticking point for me. It didn't bother me when Doom (2016) was simply Doom.

LotF 2023's two worlds system looks like it'll be put to good use, and give it something unique against other Souls type games. The change from Deck 13 to Hexworks seems like it'll pay off here. At least there's no PS4/Xbox One version to hold it back.

LotF producer Saul Gascon has said the console versions aren't going to be 4K. You'll have either performance mode (1080p/60) or quality (1440p/30). I'll take performance. The Lumen tech of UE5 allows the devs to ditch light maps.

https://wccftech.com/lords-of-the-fallen-runs-at-1440p30fps-or-1080p60fps-on-consoles-dev-says-ue5-is-a-huge-leap-in-tech/

Gascon says that sometimes he'd ask the designers "Hey, can you move this window just a bit to the right so the light focuses on this corner?" then later "Oh, sorry... I meant 3 meters, not 2" to get the light shining on an area as desired. In the above article, he also has some good things to say about UE5's Nanite and Chaos.

13-10 is looking more like a couple lucky numbers to bet on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Someone knows where to Go after the hushed Boss and cleaning the First light beam? I Hope Its Not the Frozen area with the Boss and several Wolf adds + that Stone face? No Chance surviving there 😂

Ok got IT. Idiot walked straight away from the Last Path

Edited by M-3llo-W