Lords Of The Fallen [October 13, 2023]

ziggypossum

https://www.lordsofthefallen.com

The Lords of the Fallen takes place more than a thousand years after the events of the first game

Embark on an all-new adventure in a vast, interconnected world, more than five times larger than the original game.

The Lords of the Fallen is filled with NPC quests, compelling characters, and rich narrative where players will need to create their own hero before tackling the single player campaign.

They will also have the option to invite a second player to join their adventure in uninterrupted online co-op.

The Lords of the Fallen introduces an all-new, epic RPG adventure in a vast, interconnected world more than five times larger than the original game.

After an age of the cruellest tyranny, the demon God, Adyr, was finally defeated. But Gods… do not fall forever. Now, aeons later, Adyr’s resurrection draws nigh. As one of the fabled Dark Crusaders, journey through both the realms of the living and the dead in this expansive RPG experience, featuring colossal boss battles, fast challenging combat, thrilling character encounters, and deep, immersive storytelling. Will your legend be one of light… or one of darkness?

Dare to Hope.

Key Features

• Explore Vast, Interconnected Worlds – Journey across two expansive, parallel worlds in your epic quest to overthrow Adyr. While the living realm presents its own brutal challenges, untold terrors lurk in the nightmarish realm of the dead.
  • Define Your Own Legend – Fully customize your character’s appearance from a wide array of visual options, before selecting one of nine character classes. Whichever starting path you take, develop your character to your own playstyle by upgrading stats, weapons, armour and spells.
  • Master Fast, Challenging Fluid Tactical Combat – Only those that master the deep, tactical combat can hope to survive. Choose from 100s of uniquely brutal weapons, or forgo metal for magic with devastating attacks of the arcane.
  • Unite or Fight in Online Multiplayer  Experience the expansive, single player campaign alone, or invite a second player to join your adventure in uninterrupted, online co-op. But be warned – Heroes from other realms can, and will invade.
  • Wield a Device of Ungodly Power – Your lantern possesses the ungodly power to cross between worlds. Use this dark art to reach forgotten places, unearth fabled treasures, and even manipulate the very soul of your foe.
  • Rise from Death – Fall in the world of the living, and rise again… in the world of the dead. You now have one final chance to return to your living state, as all manner of hellish creature descends upon you.

Key Features

• Embark upon two vast, parallel world—that of the living… and the dead.
  • Master a fast, fluid and challenging combat system.
  • Wield devastating magic attacks and character buffs.
  • Invite a second player to join your campaign in uninterrupted, online multiplayer.
  • Encounter a wide array of characters, eager to offer a dubious hand…
  • Fully customize your own unique character.
  • Choose from nine starting character classes, including Knight, Rogue, and Fire Apprentice.
  •  

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/the-lords-of-the-fallen-gameplay-teaser-trailer

Edited by ziggypossum
13/10/2023
  • Like 4

Just now, AJ_-_808 said:

The Fall of the Lords of the Fallen

That might be less a sequel title, and more a general mood at the developer…!

…I think this could be good… but imagine what it must feel like working on a souls-like right now, in the wake of Elden Ring… ?

For me, the sluggish original was about as enjoyable as a dentist's appointment, but hopefully they've learned a lot since then, through development of the actually good The Surge series. Wouldn't mind seeing some gameplay; I really dislike CGI trailers.

Dumb title aside… I think this game actually has the potential to be pretty great and to redeem the LOTF brand. For now at least, I am choosing to remain cautiously optimistic. ? 

I cleared Lords of the Fallen from my backlog not too long ago and was actually pleasantly surprised with the game. I had heard so many awful things about it for so long that my expectations were very low, but despite it’s many flaws it ended up being a hell of a lot better than I had been led to believe. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.

This project reportedly had a really rough ride throughout its development and has been stuck in limbo and changed hands numerous times, but the latest studio HexWorks has been working on it for a couple years now and seem to be very confident that this game has the potential to be CI’s next big franchise. CI has said it is their biggest project to date and will address most of the issues that people had with the first game, and they’ve already confirmed the game will have a fully revised combat system, a huge world, and will offer a greater challenge this time around. They seem pretty excited about it which is usually a good sign.

• Like 1

This is certainly a surprise. Looking forward to it. As others have said, the developers have certainly earned some trust with the Surge games. Not that I think the 1st game was as bad as some make it out to have been, but it was certainly the weakest out of the games mentioned. Setting it 1000 years in the future and using a created character is a smart move for those who didn't like the main character of the 1st one (watch him be the final boss).

All I am currently waiting from modern games, are not the same redesigned locations all over again with slightly altered props and enemies across them. 10x times bigger really didn't worked for me, prefer loading screens, instead of long pointless travels, especially on horse. Please:).

I agree that Deck 13 have improved a lot with each game, but this one is actually made by a completely different studio. Speaking of, Deck 13's new game, Atlas Fallen, also had a trailer drop today. Anyway as far as Lords of the Fallen 2 goes I'm looking forward to it, soulslikes are my jam, even the worst ones I get a decent amount of enjoyment from.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vorfied said:

I agree that Deck 13 have improved a lot with each game, but this one is actually made by a completely different studio. Speaking of, Deck 13's new game, Atlas Fallen, also had a trailer drop today.

Really? Well, that throws everything into question. ?  I'll have to check out this Atlas Fallen.

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Just wait for the thrilling conclusion to the trilogy:

The The Lords of The Fallen

The Lords, fallen is the title of the third game.

Trust me, I have a mate who knows someone whose hairdresser met someone who knows someone who works for the developer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I’m interested.

The first one was a bit of a let down… but they’ve made both The Surge games inbetween, both of which were very good, so I’d imagine there’s every chance for this one to clean up all the issues with the first game.

oh wow I had no idea they also made the surge games. Shows how little I know. Maybe I should actually go play Lords and the surge finally...

• 3 months later...

Here's a new The LOTF trailer, straight from PlayStation. Deck 13's LOTF 1 is not too bad, but I think Hexworks has something even better on the way. Changing the developer seems like it will pay off in the end. I'll admit LOTF 1's combat feels a bit clunky. CI Games promises faster and more fluid combat. The atmosphere is definitely darker, and it may rival Elden Ring's.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Here's a new The LOTF trailer, straight from PlayStation. Deck 13's LOTF 1 is not too bad, but I think Hexworks has something even better on the way. Changing the developer seems like it will pay off in the end. I'll admit LOTF 1's combat feels a bit clunky. CI Games promises faster and more fluid combat. The atmosphere is definitely darker, and it may rival Elden Ring's.

looks pretty good, hopefully turns out more fluid. LotF 1 was one of my first ps4 games (I think) and it wasn't anything special but it had the potential to be. Hopefully this one gets more eyes on it.

2 player co-op is confirmed as well

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 3