Veteran mode is fucking rediculous

demonoid321

I remember this, it was a real bitch (took me 2 hours to get to the next checkpoint).

Here are my 4 tips:

1. Stay in cover constantly. Once you clear an area, MOVE UP. Or they will keep spawning.

2. Use the auto-aim feature and shoot even if you can't see the enemy down the hallway. If you see an X keep shooting, if not try again! This can help you kill those who are at the end of that hallway and will help you move up a little quicker.

3. Never throw an uncooked grenade. (or it'll come back at ya) Cooked grenades are an easy way to clear out the spawning points for a few seconds. If done correctly, you'll have a chance to move up to the next cover spot.

4. RUN, RUN, RUN!!! When you move up, Run quickly and know where you're going. Screw Woods and gang, they're no help!

Very good steps, with that you can do it, be patient and STAY FOCUSED, STAY ALIVE! rofl

• 1 month later...

This Game really is tough on veteran I hate the Vorkuta prison where everytime I jump on the truck I keep getting shot by people at the top were I cant shoot and that next level where the spawning just keeps on coming. Ive played Cod Classic and Cod WAW but this really irritates me that I put it off for now let alone that zombie mode

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got the trophies for finishing the game on veteran mode. I think I swore on every level I played on lol.

I got through the hall way of doom and it was mostly plain sailing until I got up to the tank stage on rebirth island - that tested me.

I also had slight problems on the very last mission near the end you have to get to the computer terminal. There was an enemy that was hiding that kept one shotting me, to make matters worse the underwater base would shake every few seconds.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The hardest part of Black Ops 1 was getting down the hill on S.O.G kicking down the barrels.

I'm stuck on that part..

This was one of the easiest COD platinums. Ofcourse you will get stuck at some points, but as long as you keep trying you will reach that next checkpoint. This veteran campaign only has a few stages where you'll need more than 10 tries.

The easier is Advanced Warfare IMO

• 9 months later...

ok so i am on this 1 part iv been trying to get passed for 5 days now its the level were you have to stop the missle before it gose off one i blew it up i went into the building and i keep getting pass the room with the glass walls but when i get to the long halllway near a meating room i keep getting spraed by enimes and have to go back to alllmost the begining of the building can anyone help and give tips on how to complete it would be much apreciated

I was stuck here for a long time as well.  Practically gave up on it.  Came back to it and after a few tries I managed to get past, but it did feel like the game glitched a bit.  Good luck! (and grenades)

I was stuck here for a long time as well.  Practically gave up on it.  Came back to it and after a few tries I managed to get past, but it did feel like the game glitched a bit.  Good luck! (and grenades)

it is difficult if you dont go slowly, its not as bad as the one level where you go down the hill to light barrels with infinite enemy spawn

Edited by TristanTehGamer1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to stop before I break the disc. I'm stuck at SOG because every time i kick the barrel I get shot from behind. After two hours of this? No. Screw that. I'll do a recruit one to get the intel and do the campaign on Hardened when I cool off but not now. 

On 26.01.2017 at 6:21 PM, Terra said:

I have to stop before I break the disc. I'm stuck at SOG because every time i kick the barrel I get shot from behind. After two hours of this? No. Screw that. I'll do a recruit one to get the intel and do the campaign on Hardened when I cool off but not now. 

It's doable. I got a platinum in 6 days I guess without any issues. Take it slow and you will make it.

11 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

It's doable. I got a platinum in 6 days I guess without any issues. Take it slow and you will make it.

I plan on it. My problem is that I get easily frustrated if I keep having to repeat a segment other and other. That's why you won't see Ultra Rare trophies in my cabinet. When I have time again, I'll get back to it. I'm doing the Battlefield 1 campaign on hard and starting Sebastien Loeb Rally when I get the time so those are my main concerns. 

25 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

I would suggest avoiding modern warfare 1 and world at war if you get frustrated easily, black ops 1 is easy mode compared to those 2

I had no trouble completing Modern Warfare 1 on veteran. World At War terrifies me.