Trackmania coming to consoles & cloud platforms (May 15, 2023)

Suminya

1 hour ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Let me warn you guys: this platinum is definitely WAY harder and more time consuming than Trackmania Turbo did, so I expect a truly spicy Ultra Rare platinum, way rarer than Turbo.

Hard and spicy is how I like it

2 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I’ve already started on PC knowing it will be cross-progression and I hope it will retroactively autopop trophies to my current progression.

If it has cross progression from PC than it will also surely bring all the cheaters with it?

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

If it has cross progression from PC than it will also surely bring all the cheaters with it?

It’s a possibility. And we can’t do anything about this. There are other games that have cross-save and yet we don’t flag them because trophy autopop is a feature?

Edited by MaxieM0us3

35 minutes ago, barra333 said:

I see they have used the tracking feature for counting trophies (yay!), but everything is /100. I wonder if they have gone with % completion or they screwed up the labeling of the list.

It goes as in "100%" progress. Not the first game to do so.

On 28.1.2023 at 2:06 AM, Cruscah said:

Holy shit, that list is great. I'm even more hyped to play the game now

This is going to be the hardest trophy btw

i think 90 author medals on track of the day maps will be harder because many of them are pretty hunted not like the campain maps where you get author medal way easier.

Edited by lemaestre
deleted double content

6 hours ago, lemaestre said:

i think 90 author medals on track of the day maps will be harder because many of them are pretty hunted not like the campain maps where you get author medal way easier.

Both are an issue imo. 

Unless the player is extremely familiar with the Stadium gameplay, it will literally require hundreds of hours to reach that skill ceiling where you can get authors regularly. 

ATs in 2020 are way too optimized, to the point where it's ridiculous. And I'm saying this as having driven 70% of Turbo ATs. 

14 hours ago, PapyChampy said:

Both are an issue imo. 

Unless the player is extremely familiar with the Stadium gameplay, it will literally require hundreds of hours to reach that skill ceiling where you can get authors regularly. 

ATs in 2020 are way too optimized, to the point where it's ridiculous. And I'm saying this as having driven 70% of Turbo ATs. 

From the sounds of it trophy-wise this could become one of the hardest arcade racers to complete or possibly the hardest? 

23 minutes ago, Don_carlito94 said:

From the sounds of it trophy-wise this could become one of the hardest arcade racers to complete or possibly the hardest? 

If you’re totally new to Trackmania, it may be a long learning curve.

3 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

If you’re totally new to Trackmania, it may be a long learning curve.

I have the plat in Turbo, but I'm concerned about all of the wiggles and slides that I keep hearing about that are required to be fast.

15 hours ago, PapyChampy said:

Both are an issue imo. 

I'm looking forward to trying this out. It sounds like this might be longer to finish although I remember you telling me this on discord a few weeks back. I'll have a go, hoping to enjoy it as I do like the stadium environment a lot .

56 minutes ago, Don_carlito94 said:

This is another one I'm going to have to go for haha.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, PapyChampy said:

Both are an issue imo. 

I cant wait to get to the grind xD Campaign should be ok, i played a little bit of the beta and up to the blue tracks author medals were pretty fair. Difficulty started to ramp a little at the red tracks and i did not play every track so i cant tell for the rest. The different blocks make a good challenge especially ice is really hard to get the hang of. Cup of the day is another level, i played an evening with a friend on his pc and we really tried our best but could only get within a second of the author time. Having to place top 200 in the world to get author medal, even better on some tracks, thats a skip I'd say^^ In TM turbo I'm top 100 on most tracks, but the competition in turbo is nothing compared to TM 2020 with all the PC players, where the community has always been. Also the popularity got a real boost in recent years. I'm console gamer for quiet some time now so I'm glad TM 2020 made its way there :-)

• Like 1

Trackmania will be available FOR FREE on consoles and on cloud platforms from May 15th ? 

Experience the thrills of racing and the joy of creation on PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One and Luna ?

Finally!!!!

• Like 3

On 13/05/2023 at 1:23 AM, MaxieM0us3 said:

Get your consoles on rest mode and your app ready, because the game rolls out at 10:00 AM CET!!!

I know we're all going to be able to start at the same time, but 6pm on the 15th feels like I'm getting ripped off ?

2 hours ago, Riiszk said:

I know we're all going to be able to start at the same time, but 6pm on the 15th feels like I'm getting ripped off 1f602.png

I’ll be at job when it rolls out. ? I’ll just do some remote play doing testing about cross-progression from PC to PS5, especially trophies. Of course, I won’t play seriously until home because, well, precise inputs are essential to perform good in the game.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I’ll be at job when it rolls out. 1f605.png I’ll just do some remote play doing testing about cross-progression from PC to PS5, especially trophies. Of course, I won’t play seriously until home because, well, precise inputs are essential to perform good in the game.

Do you know if they said anything about it? I should have a few trophies unlocked in Ubisoft Connect and I don't want to have another Fall Guys situation lol

I don't know of any other ubi game with cross-progression to see how it works, maybe Rainbow Six but I personally don't have it on Connect.

Edited by Jeanoltt

11 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

Do you know if they said anything about it? I should have a few trophies unlocked in Ubisoft Connect and I don't want to have another Fall Guys situation lol

I don't know of any other ubi game with cross-progression to see how it works, maybe Rainbow Six but I personally don't have it on Connect.

They said nothing about achievements unlocking or updating by transferring from a platform to another.

But from my experience, Ubisoft Connext challenges were added to the game a few weeks ago on PC. When logged in, the challenges weren’t automatically updated, but when I did one more to the targeted challenge, it would retroactively update to my current progression, or setting itself as completed. So far, only the medals related challenges were updated. Any other challenges like distance driven, finish lines or checkpoints crossed didn’t so I got to redo them from scratch.

So, as long the medals related trophies pop or update to my current amont of medals, that’s all matters to me.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1