Trackmania coming to consoles & cloud platforms (May 15, 2023)

Suminya

This is huge for Nadeo, their playerbase is about to get so much bigger. Imagine playing Kacky on console, I can only hope...

Edit: No Kacky for us, console players won't be able to join user-hosted dedicated servers.

Also, @PapyChampy I'm not sure if you're with Nadeo still, but please don't take it easy on the trophy list :P

Edited by Cruscah
  • Like 1

Awesome. Looking forward to this one landing on PlayStation. Absolutely adored Trackmania Turbo so I am looking to get more of that with this entry.

I am a bit on the fence about the game being FTP and always online, two things that certainly spell doom for me. I mean, it'll depend on how it all plays out. In Turbo, the online was mostly to upload and compare times, but the actual races could be done offline too. Which compared to NFS 2015's always online antics, it feels much better for me given my crappy connection. If this one is always online just to even play the game, then crap. That's no good for me.

Anyways, I'll be downloading and playing this one when it comes out.

• Like 3

On 9/10/2022 at 10:43 PM, Cruscah said:

This is huge for Nadeo, their playerbase is about to get so much bigger. Imagine playing Kacky on console, I can only hope...

Edit: No Kacky for us, console players won't be able to join user-hosted dedicated servers.

Also, @PapyChampy I'm not sure if you're with Nadeo still, but please don't take it easy on the trophy list :P

Hey ! 

Sorry, I didn't see the ping here after the Ubi Forward. 

I've left Nadeo for years now. (In 2017 if I remember correctly)

If I was still working at Nadeo, there is no way I would have let the TM2020 campaigns be the way they shipped. Way too many false flags, blind turns, lack of flow in general. It's been better lately, but still disappointing in general in my opinion. 

About TM2020 trophy list, I'm not even sure the game will have a plat.

As a comparison, Roller Champions or Hyperscape (2 Ubi live service games) didn't have a plat.

My guess for TM 2020 is that they will just add a few trophies every 3 months for the seasonal campaigns, and that's gonna be the end of it. Pretty sure as well it's gonna be wayyyy more accessible than Turbo in terms of trophy difficulty.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2022 at 2:33 PM, MaxieM0us3 said:

@PapyChampy Je préférerais que les trophées soient autant difficiles que Turbo.

I don't think the trophies will be as hard as they were in Turbo, all maps in TM2020 are considerably easier than Turbo Red/Black tracks.

What they could do is require all author times to be beaten on the seasonal maps, but I doubt they will go that far, and it will still be easier because of the simpler map layouts. 

• 3 months later...
On 2022-09-10 at 10:17 PM, Suminya said:

While Trackmania is free-to-play, new players will also have the option to upgrade to one of two premium plans, gaining access to regular events including the Cup of the Day [...]

Not bad for a first try

Complete your first cup of the day

Just sayin'.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cruscah said:

Holy shit, that list is great. I'm even more hyped to play the game now

This is going to be the hardest trophy btw

Hopefully it's sufficiently difficult. Bizarre mentality to go into a game that's all about perfecting racing technique and complain that the platinum is too hard. Plenty of easy racing games out there.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 3:06 AM, Cruscah said:

Holy shit, that list is great. I'm even more hyped to play the game now

This is going to be the hardest trophy btw

I'm putting my money on the 90 Track of the day Author medals, which are usually much harder to beat than regular campaign Author medals. 

The list is overall extremely grindy, and I'm not willing to deal with the Stadium gameplay for 200+ more hours. 

Probably an ultra rare plat, considering the list it's safe to say the game will have a plat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PapyChampy said:

I'm putting my money on the 90 Track of the day Author medals, which are usually much harder to beat than regular campaign Author medals.

I was thinking about that one at first, but there are like 100 tracks with more than 3k AT achievers. Surely that's going to be easier, right? (Clueless) Completely out of topic, but it's pretty cool to see how much the TM community praise you, Spam mentions the good quality of your maps sometimes.

1 hour ago, PapyChampy said:

Probably an ultra rare plat [...]

100%. Especially considering that some trophies are attainable with the F2P version.

Edited by Cruscah
  • Like 1

I loved this game when they released the "battle royale" mode, the servers were always awful? but the concept was excellent.  

Trophies looks like a grind, specially if you aren't so much into the game, so I would recommend to play it on a second account so at least you try it before.

Edited by Jeanoltt

23 hours ago, Cruscah said:

I was thinking about that one at first, but there are like 100 tracks with more than 3k AT achievers. Surely that's going to be easier, right? (Clueless) Completely out of topic, but it's pretty cool to see how much the TM community praise you, Spam mentions the good quality of your maps sometimes.

100%. Especially considering that some trophies are attainable with the F2P version.

Very good point. Most Tracks of the day have very optimized Author Times, driven more often than not by expert players. But it's true you can play the numbers game, out of all of them, to select the easiest ones.

However, the What a week trophy might be an issue as well. Some Tracks have extremely tight Gold medal times, so hopefully it's possible to find a week with all 7 accessible Gold times. 

Getting 200 Author Medals on campaign tracks will definitely be a huge challenge for most people. Stadium being my weakest environment out of all of them, this pretty much locks me out of the plat already, unless I seriously train/learn ice, which I'm not really in a hurry or even willing to do. Quality of campaign maps, for some of them, is also something that can be questionable. 

About the quality of the maps while I was in charge of the campaigns : Thanks, that means a lot. I tried my best to have them enjoyable and "long term proof". I'm still baffled that Spam has beaten the SuperSolo twice.

It really is the best possible reward to see people still hunting Turbo 5+ years later, or being in general happy to drive those maps. 

Maybe I'll get back to building maps for myself one day, but in a way I think I did that enough for a lifetime already. 

Edited by PapyChampy
Typo on italic text
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, PapyChampy said:

Very good point. Most Tracks of the day have very optimized Author Times, driven more often than not by expert players. But it's true you can play the numbers game, out of all of them, to select the easiest ones.

However, the What a week trophy might be an issue as well. Some Tracks have extremely tight Gold medal times, so hopefully it's possible to find a week with all 7 accessible Gold times. 

Getting 200 Author Medals on campaign tracks will definitely be a huge challenge for most people. Stadium being my weakest environment out of all of them, this pretty much locks me out of the plat already, unless I seriously train/learn ice, which I'm not really in a hurry or even willing to do. Quality of campaign maps, for some of them, is also something that can be questionable. 

About the quality of the maps while I was in charge of the campaigns : Thanks, that means a lot. I tried my best to have them enjoyable and "long term proof". I'm still baffled that Spam has beaten the SuperSolo twice.

It really is the best possible reward to see people still hunting Turbo 5+ years later, or being in general happy to drive those maps. 

Maybe I'll get back to building maps for myself one day, but in a way I think I did that enough for a lifetime already. 

also you have to upgrade to premium to even play Cup of the day so that will be a lot of people who try because it's fee but realise they can't finish it without paying money so they leave

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Let me warn you guys: this platinum is definitely WAY harder and more time consuming than Trackmania Turbo did, so I expect a truly spicy Ultra Rare platinum, way rarer than Turbo.

I’ve already started on PC knowing it will be cross-progression and I hope it will retroactively autopop trophies to my current progression. Just yesterday, it took me so many hundreds of times just to get an Author medal on a campaign track. ?

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2