Far Cry 6 Expansion - Lost Between Worlds (December 6, 2022)

ziggypossum

16 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

Ugh, didn't look at this DLC and thought the Gold Edition included everything... so that's what I bought for 30$. When I could have bought the standard edition + GOTY upgrade for 42$, saving myself 8 bucks... annoying. Guess I'll just wait for this specific DLC to go on sale eventually. ?

Having so many editions to a game is rather stupid.

This is  exactly what I thought it’s the same with Valhalla the new dlc is not even in the seasson pass or gold edition always the same with Ubisoft ?

On 2/27/2023 at 2:00 AM, SaiyanSenshi said:

This is  exactly what I thought it’s the same with Valhalla the new dlc is not even in the seasson pass or gold edition always the same with Ubisoft ?

The Lost Between Worlds dlc is on sale for $9.99. That is the US price. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Damn in Europe it’s still the full price sadly ?

edit: nm it’s a new sale also for Europe!

Edited by SaiyanSenshi
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, UsedDampTowel said:

Happy to see this go on sale! Been waiting to get my 100% back on FC6.

Me too haha I was waiting for a good price to get back my 100%

38 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Thanks for sharing man! that's a fair price!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UsedDampTowel said:

Happy to see this go on sale! Been waiting to get my 100% back on FC6.

1 hour ago, NetoStyle said:

Me too haha I was waiting for a good price to get back my 100%

Thanks for sharing man! that's a fair price!

I am happy also. I have been waiting on a sale for it and now I can get FC6 back to 100% 

You're welcome.

• Like 1

I got it at $10 the other day and still felt scammed, idk how they designed this and charged $20 msrp but Valhalla had the forgotten saga dlc which was infinitely better and was FREE..Ubisoft truly baffling...the game is back to 100% and deleted...please let it be the end...this is why doing dlc's is the worst experience ever lol

7 hours ago, Kal-El457 said:

I got it at $10 the other day and still felt scammed, idk how they designed this and charged $20 msrp but Valhalla had the forgotten saga dlc which was infinitely better and was FREE..Ubisoft truly baffling...the game is back to 100% and deleted...please let it be the end...this is why doing dlc's is the worst experience ever lol

Yes it’s the last dlc. You did get the credits at the end right? I’m my opinion the last dlc Was the best of them all the other 3 were even worse. They were just the same thing over and over again…

I have the disc version of FC6 and purchased the Lost Between Worlds DLC. I downloaded it and pressed "install". It shows installed. Both game and DLC are ps5 versions. It's not working - it says 'coming soon' in the Add Ons menu. Any ideas? I have restarted the system as well.

Edited by Markemmanuel

1 hour ago, Markemmanuel said:

I have the disc version of FC6 and purchased the Lost Between Worlds DLC. I downloaded it and pressed "install". It shows installed. Both game and DLC are ps5 versions. It's not working - it says 'coming soon' in the Add Ons menu. Any ideas? I have restarted the system as well.

Damn idk about that one. Didn’t have the problem myself and never heard about it. The best thing you dan do is redownload everything good luck ?

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 5:30 PM, Viper said:

I enjoyed FC6, but I thought I was done with it. Kind of annoying this AC Valhalla trend of drip feeding DLC is carrying over. 

On 12/1/2022 at 2:41 PM, Elegy said:

I think they have earned themselves a "wait to purchase for 2 years minimum" stipulation at the very least.  This trend of charging for season passes on release and then adding another DLC a year later that is also paid and expensive on top of it to get the complete experience.. no thanks. 

On 12/1/2022 at 7:33 PM, Viper said:

I love Assassin's Creed and Far Cry...but I'm beyond sick of this practice of taking the name "Season" pass so literally. These things are supposed to be a bulk package of ALL your DLC at a slightly discounted price. Now it literally means "Year 1 DLC". I hate that. 

Ubisoft has demonstrated this "games as service" business model is how they intend to operate with their AAA IPs. Ubisoft will publish a title, parcel out chunks of "season pass" content [e.g., year 1 DLC] every 3-4 months over one year period, then release a second paid major expansion at the 13-15 month mark (AKA the start of year 2). Examples include:

• Rainbow Six Siege. Currently on Year 8 Pass.
  • Tom Clancy's The Division 2. Year 2 major expansion: Warlords of New York
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Year 2 major expansion: Ragnarok
  • Far Cry 6. Year 2 major expansion: Lost Between Worlds
  • Riders Republic (At least in this case Ubisoft accurately calls the collected DLC a Year 1 Pass, not a Season Pass). Year 2 major expansion: Welcome Pack Season 5: $24.99 US

If a game is performing below sales expectations, Ubisoft will not invest resources into developing paid year 2 content for it (although they may still introduce free Year 2 DLC). Examples of underselling-and-deprioritized titles include:

• Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (although it could be argued that the Year 2 expansion was the failed attempt to incorporate Ubisoft Quartz in Breakpoint)
  • Watch Dogs Legion - the Bloodline expansion released, then no more DLC
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising
  • Rainbow Six Extraction - the "Season Pass" has no trophy related content and is primarily cosmetic with 10% XP boosters
  • The Crew 2 - I'm not sure about this one, as I do not follow this game

• Upcoming Ubisoft games that will most likely have paid Year 1 + Year 2 DLC include:

Assassin's Creed Mirage

Skull and Crossbones

Any Far Cry

Any Watch Dogs

Any The Division IP

Any Splinter Cell IP

Anything Ghost Recon (or any Tom Clancy title in general)

Like it or not, the business model is here to stay.

Edited by poetic_justice_

10 minutes ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Ubisoft has demonstrated this "games as service" business model is how they intend to operate with their AAA IPs. Ubisoft will publish a title, parcel out chunks of "season pass" content [e.g., year 1 DLC] every 3-4 months over one year period, then release a second paid major expansion at the 13-15 month mark (AKA the start of year 2). Examples include:

• Rainbow Six Siege. Currently on Year 8 Pass.
  • Tom Clancy's The Division 2. Year 2 major expansion: Warlords of New York
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Year 2 major expansion: Ragnarok
  • Far Cry 6. Year 2 major expansion: Lost Between Worlds
  • Riders Republic (At least in this case Ubisoft accurately calls the collected DLC a Year 1 Pass, not a Season Pass). Year 2 major expansion: Welcome Pack Season 5: $24.99 US

If a game is performing below sales expectations, Ubisoft will not invest resources into developing paid year 2 content for it. Examples of underselling-and-deprioritized titles include:

• Upcoming Ubisoft games that will most likely have Year 1 + Year 2 DLC include:

Assassin's Creed Mirage

Skull and Crossbones

Any The Division IP

Any Splinter Cell IP

If that's the case with ALLLL their major IP's then they've done nothing more than make me wait for cheaper versions of complete editions. I already waited for Dawn of Ragnarok to hit 50% off before I purchased it (it had absolutely no business being $40 though, egregiously over priced), and as of a couple days ago, I did the same with Lost Between Worlds. 

It's amazing how far DLC has gone off the rails. I remember in the PS1/PS2 days thinking how awesome it would be if this game I enjoyed got more content. And it was cool when DLC first started...but I'm so beyond sick of DLC. There's people complaining that Hogwarts Legacy has no planned DLC, to me it's such a refreshing feeling knowing I played a complete game, and I can just move on, not have to come back 6+ Months later to a game I have no muscle memory for anymore. I know, I don't HAVE to buy it, but I like seeing everything a game I enjoyed had to offer (and yeah...trophies). 

As for AC Mirage, that would be insane if it gets a second season pass. Mirage was originally the final DLC for Valhalla and made it a stand alone game, Ubi already said it's going to be a lot smaller than what we know and not a typical AC release. For something like that to get 2 years worth of DLC is mind numbing. 

On 3/7/2023 at 5:39 PM, Viper said:

If that's the case with ALLLL their major IP's then they've done nothing more than make me wait for cheaper versions of complete editions.

As for AC Mirage, that would be insane if it gets a second season pass. Mirage was originally the final DLC for Valhalla and made it a stand alone game, Ubi already said it's going to be a lot smaller than what we know and not a typical AC release. For something like that to get 2 years worth of DLC is mind numbing. 

Sadly, yes, since 2019 it has been better to wait thirteen to eighteen months after the release date of any Ubisoft AAA title to buy the complete edition. It used to be that a Ubisoft Gold Edition was  complete and contained all trophy-related DLC. Now, however, with Year 2 content (both paid and free-to-play) being added to AAA IPs like The Division 2, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Far Cry 6, AC Valhalla, and Rider's Republic, this is no longer the case. While Ubisoft still uses the term "Gold Edition" on new releases (Far Cry 6 and Valhalla), "Gold Edition" now seems to refer to only the base game + Year 1 pass content. Ubisoft's new marketing terms for (base game + Year 1 + Year 2 content) uses the titles "Game of the Year" (Far Cry 6) and "Ultimate Edition" (Breakpoint, Watch Dogs Legion). In the future, be wary of any 2019-present titles with Gold Edition in their title; keep your eyes open for "Game of the Year" and "Ultimate Edition".

Ironically, Ubisoft is also selling "Deluxe Editions" of games like AC Valhalla and Breakpoint. These Deluxe Editions feature additional DLC not included in the "Gold Edition" or "Ultimate Edition". So far this content has been minor items like weapons or crafting materials which do not have a significant impact on gameplay. They are more time-savers for busy gamers than anything. Equivalent weapons and materials can be found in-game provided the player has time to look for them.

I am not making a judgment on whether this approach is good or bad. These are simply examples of Ubisoft's actions since embracing the "games as service" model in 2018. Kotaku explained Ubisoft's philosophy well in the following article. Basically, Ubisoft wants more money for doing less work, and selling digital add-ons to existing games significantly cuts their marketing, publishing, and distribution costs.

https://kotaku.com/why-ubisoft-is-obsessed-with-games-as-a-service-1822938255

Anno 1800 (PC) and Rainbow Six Siege are ideally what Ubisoft wants to happen with all their games-as-service titles. Rainbow Six Siege is currently in Year 8 of its lifecycle, and phenomenal achievement for any game. Ubisoft's Anno 1800 Console Edition is set to release on March 15, 2023. Ubisoft has not revealed which (if any) DLC packs they intend to release for the console edition. However, on Steam, Anno 1800 has four season passes. As long as a game is financially successful, Ubisoft will continue to support it by adding paid DLC. This is how Ubisoft's "games as service" model functions. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/916440/Anno_1800/

While Ubisoft has proven money is their primary motivation, games as service is not all bad. Thousands of people enjoy playing Rainbow Six Siege, and the tournaments have drawn together gamers from around the world. Since its PC release in 2019, Anno 1800 has earned thousands of Very Positive reviews on Steam, meaning people are enjoying the base game and the evolving content. Gamers meeting face-to-face and enjoying new content on established games is a good thing.

Ubisoft has confirmed AC Mirage will be smaller in scale than recent AC releases, but what does "smaller in scale" mean to Ubisoft? Unity was smaller in scale than the four most recent Assassin's Creed games, yet had over 500 collectibles, including the confusing Enigma puzzles. Syndicate was smaller in scale than Origin, Odyssey, and Valhalla, yet was still a 50-hour game with its Jack the Ripper DLC. Does this mean Ubisoft will release Year 2 DLC for Mirage? That probably depends on sales. Breakpoint had Year 2 content in the pipeline, including a second raid. However, when Breakpoint's sales were low, Ubisoft axed it. While the choice was dubbed a "shift in focus", that is most likely Ubisoft-speak for "damage control" and "amputate".

https://www.vg247.com/assassins-creed-mirage-is-smaller-in-scale-because-the-fans-wanted-it

https://www.vg247.com/ghost-recon-breakpoint-immersive-mode-release-date

Another Ubisoft games as service title possibly heading to consoles (which could be good news for musicians): Rocksmith. If the base game's user interface is musician friendly, the games as service model could work well for Rocksmith+.

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 1