Far Cry 6 Expansion - Lost Between Worlds (December 6, 2022)

ziggypossum

18 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I don't recall anyone voting Far Cry 6 game of the year...

Appears to be a total self-proclamation. 

Not that it had much competition in 2021 but even still, it wasn't even nominated for GotY in any category so calling it "Game of the Year" is blatantly false advertising. The game didn't win any notable awards as far as I recall nor did it deserve any. 

Edited by mega-tallica
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, mega-tallica said:

Appears to be a total self-proclamation. 

Not that it had much competition in 2021 but even still, it wasn't even nominated for GotY in any category so calling it "Game of the Year" is blatantly false advertising. The game didn't win any notable awards as far as I recall nor did it deserve any. 

Guess it was in their imaginations. xD 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wait I don’t remember the game winning the “Title Game of The Year”. Unless I missed that.

Usually when game’s getting rereleased, they will have “The Complete Edition or The Definitive Edition or something like that” To have all post contents, DLCs and updates all rolled into one version. 

Only GOTY Edition if it actually have won the title in the game’s awards. 

This is so confusing…

Edited by ZEE11W
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2022 at 9:00 AM, DividedByMankind said:

I looked into the package. And this is stupid. I allready own the game and season pass. And now they want me to pay another 60 quidd just for one dlc. If it is trophies im not going to be bothered until a huge sale on it.

plenty of other people are in the same situation as you unfortunately. i bought the ultimate edition and there isn't anyway i'm going to pay 60$ more dollars just to access an expansion, will have to wait for a sale. 

Edited by Lordguwa
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 0:42 AM, ZEE11W said:

Usually when game’s getting rereleased, they will have “The Complete Edition or The Definitive Edition or something like that” To have all post contents, DLCs and updates all rolled into one version. 

Games have been using GOTY edition as a way of saying "game plus DLC" for a very long time. This is hardly the first instance.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

They should just put the game on PS+ and then have a sale on the season pass(sés?).  It's easy money. 

And hey, it was my GOTY. 1f609.png?

I hate it when they do that, not only do I not buy the DLC, but I end up feeling like I got half a game.

On 26/11/2022 at 10:10 AM, Darling Baphomet said:

Games have been using GOTY edition as a way of saying "game plus DLC" for a very long time. This is hardly the first instance.

True but every year there are games that are miles off GoTY but still do this. Calling them complete edition would be less embarrassing for them. I think Hotwheels did it too.

On 15-10-2022 at 6:00 PM, DividedByMankind said:

I looked into the package. And this is stupid. I allready own the game and season pass. And now they want me to pay another 60 quidd just for one dlc. If it is trophies im not going to be bothered until a huge sale on it.

On 26-11-2022 at 10:56 AM, Lordguwa said:

plenty of other people are in the same situation as you unfortunately. i bought the ultimate edition and there isn't anyway i'm going to pay 60$ more dollars just to access an expansion, will have to wait for a sale. 

I assume the DLC will also be available as a separate DLC to buy when it releases just as with the other season pass DLC's.

Considering the season pass is 40 euro and the GOTY upgrade pack is 60 (this DLC, season pass, ultimate pack)... I think it'll be 10-15 euro for this new DLC. 20 if they're being greedy.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Game of the year season pass upgrade is currently on sale by the way 

It’s still $40. And making me repurchase content I already bought. This is bullshit. I would buy a standalone upgrade for this expansion, but I’m not being forced to buy shit twice to get a single piece of paywalled content.

• Like 2

Bloody hell, I waited ages to complete the DLCs simply to avoid constantly reinstalling but this seems to be a trend with Ubisoft now across all their games - release bits and bits of random DLC  then a paid expansion after a long period of silence just when trophy hunters think they're safe lol.

I think it will be a while before I reinstall this, mostly because I can buy about 2 full games on a deep sale for the price this new expansion is selling.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kolm said:

I assume the DLC will also be available as a separate DLC to buy when it releases just as with the other season pass DLC's.

Considering the season pass is 40 euro and the GOTY upgrade pack is 60 (this DLC, season pass, ultimate pack)... I think it'll be 10-15 euro for this new DLC. 20 if they're being greedy.

The DLC will definitely be available as a separate purchase.  It will be going for $19.99.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

The DLC will definitely be available as a separate purchase.  It will be going for $19.99.

A bit greedy it is then... I'll wait on a sale. I was disappointed by the DLC's from the season pass and Blood Dragon made up a bit for that although it also had some technical issues.

On 9/27/2022 at 3:08 PM, MidnightDragon said:

I don't recall anyone voting Far Cry 6 game of the year...

Kotaku already looked into this. It did indeed win one GOTY award. Not exactly a prestigious/relevant/credible one, but it won one none-the-less.

https://kotaku.com/far-cry-6-goty-game-of-the-year-leak-ubisoft-open-world-1849591625

• Like 1