Far Cry 6 Expansion - Lost Between Worlds (December 6, 2022)

ziggypossum

3 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i generally try to wait for sales also instead of buying new. the downside is you also get dead servers, shut down servers, and sometimes bugs are fixed that arent to your advantage. like the newest battlefield i platinumed that after a bunch of patches, if i would of had it day 1 that game would of been so much easier.

I had a discussion about this recently and our thoughts were that if it takes a multiplayer coming towards the end of its life cycle for it to be in an acceptable state then I never needed to play it. As I've gotten older my tolerance for broken releases has lowered and I've found that in most cases there is no benefit to buying games day 1 if you're constantly taken out by bugs and poor performance.

Very rarely are patches bad in my experience (unless it's by Hangar 13). Most patches fix major bugs or stability issues. If you mean patching out exploits then usually I don't care if it's a game I like as getting a trophy legit gives me an excuse to spend more time in the game.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I had a discussion about this recently and our thoughts were that if it takes a multiplayer coming towards the end of its life cycle for it to be in an acceptable state then I never needed to play it. As I've gotten older my tolerance for broken releases has lowered and I've found that in most cases there is no benefit to buying games day 1 if you're constantly taken out by bugs and poor performance.

Very rarely are patches bad in my experience (unless it's by Hangar 13). Most patches fix major bugs or stability issues. If you mean patching out exploits then usually I don't care if it's a game I like as getting a trophy legit gives me an excuse to spend more time in the game.

thats a valid point

• Like 2

very disappointing! I paid $70 for the "gold edition" however haven't started it yet and now thinking of skipping all together, I can afford buying more DLC but its besides the point and so shady from Ubisoft. I was looking forward to playing the game too as I do enjoy the FC series and they are just mind numbing fun....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, aimeraya said:

is this dlc sold seperately or only included in GOTY edition? I can't find it in any region.

New stuff comes out at 4pm on Tuesday, so try again later. I'm also waiting for something to release today and have to wait until 4pm as it's not out yet, but due today. 

The last Ubisoft game I paid full price for was Assassin’s Creed Syndicate in late 2015. Not just the regular game mind you, but the Gold Edition that I had to pay $20 - 30 more because of the season pass. 

This was 2015. Since then Ubisoft decided multiple season passes is a good thing. 

It’s why I’m mostly sticking to older games and indie games. At 34 I prepaid a bunch of big titles in my college years, but I’ve reached the point where unfinished games is just unacceptable. I’m just done with that. 

I completed the DLC last night and it is basically 2 or 3 hours worth of content.  There is no progression system at all, no reason to explore and the red/blue mechanic is so half baked and pointless. The story is pretty stupid and out of place on top of the fact that I find Fai's voice acting extremely irritating to listen to.  There are some interesting scenarios and level design to go through, but I think 20 dollars for this is ridiculous.  This should have been in the season pass or much cheaper.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 2:41 PM, Elegy said:

I think they have earned themselves a "wait to purchase for 2 years minimum" stipulation at the very least.  This trend of charging for season passes on release and then adding another DLC a year later that is also paid and expensive on top of it to get the complete experience.. no thanks.  I am not going to start paying 130+ for all their games.  Makes more sense to just wait for their "Truly Complete Complete edition" for the same price or less than what day one buyers paid with no DLC included.

Their game design, writing and everything else keeps getting more bland and uninspired though as well.  Almost all their game systems feel half-assed and under developed to me.  Like they have game design by committee where every employee submits their ideas for the game into a hat and they just put literally every idea into the game.  Then they don't flesh out or expand on anything.  The gameplay loop is always just "heres some meaningless junk to do to put you into a coma after a long day of work".  The gear system in Far Cry 6 is a complete disaster.. and its not all that dissimilar from AC Valhalla's gear system which is also a complete disaster.  It just feels like shameless padding.  Why anyone would enjoy trying to acquire gear that does not affect the game at all is beyond me.  Anyone who has played Diablo 2 or the Nioh series knows what I am talking about.  The gear in those games actually affects your gameplay experience.  Ubisoft needs to drop their gear systems and RPG mechanics if they can't at least flesh them out and provide some engaging design.

Comparing Diablo II to Ubisoft is like comparing a world class cuisine to some stale McDonalds food that sat out for a little too long. 

Ubisoft is the “fast food” of gaming. I used to think they went downhill starting with Assassin’s Creed Revelations, but after I recently learned of one of the key members of the franchise getting let go, the series has gone downhill for over a decade. 

I can’t even be content with Assassin’s Creed Mirage or that Codename Red project that takes place in Japan. Ghost of Tsushima already has that itch filled, and I’m simply not interested in an Assassin’s Creed taking place in Japan. 

I dropped Far Cry. Too much of the same. The Far Cry 6 story is comprised of a bunch of whiny, edgy Zoomer teenagers trying to say they’re better than anything that came before them. 

For a long time I felt open world was getting stale. Both the Yakuza games and Elden Ring proved open world can still be exciting, especially when you take more care into the quality of the products.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished it in under 4 hours as well.

Beware if you also care about completing Ubisoft Challenges - a number of them are bugged and won't progress. Known issue but still persists as of today.

You can find posts about it on Ubisoft threads.

I'll be going back to complete the rest once I see people posting they're fixed.

Got it for the current sale price. Another sci fi dlc, which was fun at least. I had no hard time with it like the Zombie one from FC5, but it's just another Ubisoft dlc. 5 more hour's of content, with run's you might do once or twice across all five paths. Recommend for hardcore fans, or those who just wish to fill a afternoon. But get it when it's on sale. The full price (20$) is not worth this expansion alone. 

51 minutes ago, rasklo93 said:

Got it for the current sale price. Another sci fi dlc, which was fun at least. I had no hard time with it like the Zombie one from FC5, but it's just another Ubisoft dlc. 5 more hour's of content, with run's you might do once or twice across all five paths. Recommend for hardcore fans, or those who just wish to fill a afternoon. But get it when it's on sale. The full price (20$) is not worth this expansion alone. 

Where is it on sale? Or do you mean $20

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ugh, didn't look at this DLC and thought the Gold Edition included everything... so that's what I bought for 30$. When I could have bought the standard edition + GOTY upgrade for 42$, saving myself 8 bucks... annoying. Guess I'll just wait for this specific DLC to go on sale eventually. ?

Having so many editions to a game is rather stupid.

Edited by Skurkitty