Rockstar Sued Over GTA V... Again

Parker

Apparently another person wants a piece of Rockstar's money, this time it is a "Mob Wives" reality tv show "star" and she wants $40 million. 

The daughter of a retired gangster is suing Rockstar amid claims the developer used her likeness and life story in Grand Theft Auto V.

The NY Daily News reports Karen Gravano, who's previously starred on US reality show Mob Wives, has filed a suit for $40 million, half of which is for punitive damages, the other half for compensation.

According to Gravano, a character encountered during the random encounter mission 'Burial' called Antonia Bottino bears more than a passing resemblance to her, both in terms of appearance and backstory.

In GTA V, you encounter Bottino bound and about to be buried alive. After you help her, she'll explain her father is the retired Gambetti crime family underboss Sammy Bottino, who was a government witness as part of a plea bargain.

Gravano's father, meanwhile, is the retired Gambino crime family underboss Sammy Gravano, who was a government witness as part of a plea bargain.

According to the lawsuit, Gravano "has the utmost respect for the writers and creators of the Grand Theft Auto 5 video game, her story is unique and is hers to tell."

She also has a book telling her life story out soon, which she argues Rockstar could have attempted to license with "relative ease".

This isn't the first time Rockstar has encountered legal trouble over Grand Theft Auto V. Previously there were rumours the studio was threatened with legal action by both Lindsay Lohan for using her image without permission, and rapper Daz Dillinger, whoasked for the game to be recalled after his music was supposedly included without permission.

Source: IGN

I hope she doesn't see a penny. 

Thoughts?

Parker

• Like 1

How are things like this even considered by courts to be lawful?

This bitch and her entire corrupt family need to be round up, and shipped of to Antarctica.

I wouldn't be opposed to that. How anyone can watch her tv "show" is beyond me. I caught about 40 seconds of it and that was enough for me to rage for hours, I don't understand why people enjoy watching trashy people act like trash on television. 

Parker

Yes, I'm sure Rockstar researched her family and the story just for an optional side mission which can be completed in a few minutes. It's really just a generic mob story you can see on TV shows and movies. I swear I've seen stories just like it on Law and Order.

Absolutely.

It's not even a full mission, just a person you find and take elsewhere, I mean, damn.

This bitch and her entire corrupt family need to be round up, and shipped of to Antarctica.

I've always wanted to go there. I wish I was a mafia like person.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it is Rockstar themselves who have hired "always washed up" famous people to attempt to sue them. It's good publicity.

Edited by AIDSorHIV