Ps3 super slim issues

itzzh3lixx

I will clean the lens, but i have seen that this is a common issue because the super slim itself is a bunch of horse shit, but for me the read disc error only seems to happen when i go online in so far every call of duty i own, and black ops 2 won't even start, if the cleaning don't work i will sure as hell return it

I had issues with a faulty Blu-Ray drive, Sony replaced it and I got it back within 2 weeks. Sony pays for all the shipping costs.

Are you able to run DVD's?

how do i send it to sony?? :3

I will clean the lens, but i have seen that this is a common issue because the super slim itself is a bunch of horse shit, but for me the read disc error only seems to happen when i go online in so far every call of duty i own, and black ops 2 won't even start, if the cleaning don't work i will sure as hell return it

how do i send it to sony?? :3

Call customers service from your country and inform them about your problem. They will provide you with their address and tell you to drop it off at the nearest post office. Later on you will receive an email stating when and where you can collect your PS3 from the post office after it has been repaired.

Be advised: refurbished PS3's get formatted so make sure you back up all your save files!!!

• Like 2

Call customers service from your country and inform them about your problem. They will provide you with their address and tell you to drop it off at the nearest post office. Later on you will receive an email stating when and where you can collect your PS3 from the post office after it has been repaired.

Be advised: refurbished PS3's get formatted so make sure you back up all your save files!!!

i guess i just go to the store i bought it from and return it and get a new one, seems easier :)

i guess i just go to the store i bought it from and return it and get a new one, seems easier :)

If your store has a good return policy that is entirely possible, but I know a lot of places here will tell you that you're shit out of luck and take care of it on your own. How long have you had this PS3?

Parker

If that doesnt work it may be that the blue ray drive has fried out. Happened to me on my old fatbody in the middle of a MW2 mission.... Good Luck!

This happened to my fatty also. Was playing RE5. Had to buy a whole new laser assembly, open it up and replace it. Worked like a charm for 2 more years till ylod.

I've had no problems with my super slim. Actually like it better because it's so much quieter.

Yeah, I'd say the best thing for you to do would be to call customer service. I didn't have to turn anything in myself, but I knew some people who had a broken Wii, sent it in and when they got it back, it acted as good as new. That said, since it would come back refurbished, you definitely need to back up your saves if you plan to do that.

Went back to the store and returned it and they allowed me to get a new one, and when i put modern warfare 3 in it said "read disc error" just like the old one, is it my disc who is the enemy here? Or is the disc reader just very picky? If anyone got a 500 gb super slim have you ever encountered this while playing online?

And to make things even better the ps3 froze in the first 10 minutes of gameplay right after the disc read error sign

Edited by itzzh3lixx

OK i am so fucking done with SONY! i poped in Beyond two souls, a game that came along with the super slim, and it says it can register the trophies the game will quit... I've sat here endlessy just starting the game over and over again with no change. What asshole at sony tought it would be a good idea to make a new ps3 that sounds alot more, heats up faster, can't run slightly rubbed discs and can't even start a game that came along with the console!

OK i am so fucking done with SONY! i poped in Beyond two souls, a game that came along with the super slim, and it says it can register the trophies the game will quit... I've sat here endlessy just starting the game over and over again with no change. What asshole at sony tought it would be a good idea to make a new ps3 that sounds alot more, heats up faster, can't run slightly rubbed discs and can't even start a game that came along with the console!

Honestly trophies shouldn't stop you from enjoying a game(though I hate games like Beyond: Two Souls, but that's just personal taste).

I don't know what your having trouble with, but half of my library consists of used PS3 games and I have a Super Slim as well. I do agree with some of the issues, mainly the really loud fan(can't really complain though), but that's the price for paying for somethign that is more cost efficient. Just look on the bright side at least it ain't ugly like the 2DS.

If your having such issues why not use that 350GB of space to I dunno download games?

Edited by HeroMAXD

Honestly trophies shouldn't stop you from enjoying a game(though I hate games like Beyond: Two Souls, but that's just personal taste).

I don't know what your having trouble with, but half of my library consists of used PS3 games and I have a Super Slim as well. I do agree with some of the issues, mainly the really loud fan(can't really complain though), but that's the price for paying for somethign that is more cost efficient. Just look on the bright side at least it ain't ugly like the 2DS.

If your having such issues why not use that 350GB of space to I dunno download games?

ah i see i made a flaw in my bitching, i meant, the game couldn't start because it could not register the trophies for it, it has happend twice but i just had to switch to offline mode upon starting certain games

• 3 years later...

i have a similar problem with my physical games, i can get into the game then after a few minutes the game just crash, digital games work fine, its weird because the ps3 can read the disc perfectly until you are a few minutes in the game i try this with alpha protocol, assassins creed 2 and alien colonial marines, any suggestions

I used the same super slim for over 2 years and after the problems I had I just bought a second hand slim.

Problem number one, graphics glitching on the xmb and always when starting up.

Problem two was not reading disc's and finding it impossible to install any disc with a scratch.

Problem three was the psn store taking forever to load and even longer for trophy syncs.

Problem four was the cheap ass slide disc draw being stuck closed.

With that said I used it for a couple of years and took it away with me given that it's small. But the shortcomings of it's cheapness influenced me for an unhackable slim second hand.